Coin Toss's Blog
- Coin Toss's Blog has 585 entries (0 private) and has been viewed 513,019 times.
- Lottery Post members have made 1943 comments in Coin Toss's Blog.
- Coin Toss is a Gold member
October 31, 2015, 11:29 amBest video of the year
Received this in e-mail, have some tissues ready:
Subject: Best video of the year.
Amazing....you won't know what it's about, til the end...
October 31, 2015, 12:07 amRare facts about WW II
Rare facts about World War II
The first German serviceman killed in the war was killed by the Japanese.
Over 100,000 Allied bomber crewmen were killed over Europe.
More U.S. servicemen died in the Air Corps then the Marine Corps.
Polish Catholic midwife Stanislawa Leszczynska delivered 3,000 babies at the Auschwitz concentration camp during the Holocaust in occupied Poland.
In World War II, British soldiers got a ration of three sheets of toilet paper a day. Americans got 22.
In 1941, more than three million cars were manufactured in the United States. Only 139 more were made during the entire war.
Four of every five German soldiers killed in the war died on the Eastern Front
Only 20 percent of the males born in the Soviet Union in 1923 survived the war.
In World War II, the youngest serviceman in the United States military was Calvin Graham - age 12. Graham lied about his age when he enlisted in the US Navy. His real age was not discovered until after he was wounded. (Unbelievable)
Only one out of every four men serving on U-boats survived.
The Siege of Stalingrad resulted in more Russian deaths (military and civilian) than the United States and Britain sustained (combined) in all of World War II.
To avoid using the German sounding name 'hamburger' during World War II, Americans used the name 'Liberty Steak.'
Adolf Hitler's nephew, William Hitler, served in the US Navy during World War II.
Adolph Hitler and Henry Ford each kept a framed picture of the other on his desk.
During World War II, the largest Japanese spy ring was actually located in Mexico.
The mortality rate for POWs in Russian camps was 85 percent.
Had it been necessary for a third atom bomb, the city targeted would have been Tokyo.
An Imperial Japanese Army intelligence officer, who fought in World War II. Hiroo Onoda never surrendered in 1945. Until 1974, for almost 30 years, he held his position in the Philippines. His former commander traveled from Japan to personally issue orders relieving him from duty in 1974. (???)
Total casualties for World War II totaled between 50 - 70 million people, 80 percent of which came from only four countries - Russia, China, Germany and Poland.
Over 50 percent of the casualties were civilians, with the majority of those being women and children.
October 24, 2015, 12:31 amA quote among quotes!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
� Abraham Lincoln
October 20, 2015, 5:17 pmWhat Did I learn from Watching the Democratic Debate
(Received in e-mail)
What did I learn from watching the Democratic Debate?
1. Black Lives Matter, All Lives Don't Matter.
2. College is worthless because it will soon be free.
3. Medical treatment is worthless because it will soon be free.
4. To become an American Citizen is worthless as it will soon be free.
5. The economy sucks and after 7 years in office, it's not Obama's fault.
6. The Middle Class is shrinking and after 7 years in office, it's not Obama's fault.
7. The Average Family income is dropping and after 7 years in office, it's not Obama's fault.
8. Black youths have over a 50% unemployment rate and after 7 years in office it's not Obama's fault.
9. Hispanic youth unemployment is over 35% and after 7 years in office, it's not Obama's fault.
10. 50% of the Population is paying 100% of all the taxes and they are still not paying their fair share.
11. Everyone who votes Democrat will work less, make more, get more time off, spend more time with family pay less taxes and get more government subsidies.
12. Everyone else does it, so should we, regardless of the results other places.
13. Government wants more money to squander on promises already broken.
14. The word "Progressive" is the less cringe worthy than saying you're a Liberal.
15. When America grows up, we want to be Norway, Sweden or the Netherlands.
16. There's a quagmire in Iraq, Syria and the Middle East and Obama's retreating from the area has nothing to do with the situation.
17. Republicans want dirty air, dirty water, oil spills, trash on the streets, polluted oceans, old people without medical treatment and dead, young people without educations being paid the lowest wages possible, starving children, don't believe in equal rights, were responsible for Jim Crow Laws and not Affirmative action,
18. Snowden and General Petraeus broke laws for releasing and not securing secret documents but Hillary Clinton shares no responsibility.
19. Marijuana cures all diseases.
20. Marijuana smokers are being imprisoned for smoking a joint.
21. Everything is rainbows and Unicorns.
22. Hillary Clinton does walk on water.
23. Cheaters do prosper.
24. People cheer stupidity.
25. There are only 2 candidates given a voice in the Democratic Race.
26. Hillary and Bill Clinton were born poor Black Children.
27. All the qualifications needed to be President is to be a woman.
28. Evil looks like anything white, rich, successful and productive.
29. You will receive a participation trophy in life.
30. Agreements of any kind should be signed and committed to even if the other agreeing party doesn't live up to its obligations.
31. Everything is still Bush's fault.
Last Edited: October 20, 2015, 7:38 pm
October 19, 2015, 9:19 pmRe: Haters
It's pretty rich when we have someone who constantly rates other peoples thread as 1 star when said rater doesn't even comment in those threads. I'd say rating threads as 1 star just because you don't like whoever put up the OP is being a hater.
You're not the only who rates 1 star but most people who do it base it on the topic or the content, not just for spite.
Yeah pickone I'm talking about you.
You refer to the MM and PB websites to 'prove' there are only 4 states that win.....while a variety of states are listed. Maybe you should take another look at those pages.
I also guess you haven't caught on yet that when you lock your blog posts they get buried very quickly.
I'll block you from my blog but only because I know you wouldn't post a reply that made any sense.
October 13, 2015, 11:08 amHilarious advice
Dump the male flight attendants. No one wanted them in the first place.
Replace all the female flight attendants with YOUNG good-looking strippers.
They don't even serve food anymore, so what's the loss.
The strippers would at least triple the alcohol sales and get a "party atmosphere" going in the cabin. And, of course, every businessman in this country would start flying again, hoping to see naked women. Because of the tips, female flight attendants wouldn't need a salary, thus saving even more money.
Muslims would be afraid to get on the planes for fear of seeing naked women.
Hijackings would come to a screeching halt, and the airline industry would see record revenues.
This is definitely a win - win situation if we handle it right -- a golden opportunity to turn a liability into an asset.
Why didn't Bush or Obama think of this?
Why do I still have to do everything myself?
October 10, 2015, 7:44 pmDo you know why?
(Received in e-mail)
Congressman Trey Gowdy (RC) (Trumps choice for Attorney General if elected President) turned
the tables on the media and asked them questions about Benghazi. The silence was deafening. Best video clip I have seen in months. I hope you watch it, it's only 3 minutes. The Media should be
embarrassed by Congressman Trey Gowdy ' s questions. This is most certainly the most embarrassing event that has occurred in the last 16 months. The burden falls on the media who
have not done anything to investigate this.
After viewing this 3.5 minute video, I urge you to forward it to your friends.
Do you know why?
Last Edited: October 10, 2015, 7:58 pm
October 7, 2015, 7:51 pmWisdom from Vernon Howard - Sanity
"Sanity in the atmosphere strikes an insane mind as being odd
and uncomfortable. The strangeness forces it to try to switch
the atmosphere over to its own insane nature. But since this
is impossible, the insane mind turns hateful toward the sanity
and also, of course, falls into self-torment."
A Treasury of Trueness, # 955
This certainly brought some posts here on LP to mind.
September 30, 2015, 7:39 pmStrict gun control works so good...
More than 50 people shot for second week in row-Chicago?
September 29, 2015, 7:48 pm1977 Stanford Yearbook entry
1977 Stanford Yearbook
VALERIE JARRETT. 1977 Stanford yearbook
Here is the lead fox in the house. This one gets to whisper in the kings ear many times a day.
I'd like to draw your attention to the small print next to Valerie's name. While attending Stanford University.
ponder and re-ponder what she boldly stated way back in 1977 ".......using freedom of religion in America against itself."
AND guess what....that is exactly what she and her Muslim czars have, and are doing as we sleep.
VALERIE JARRETT - The Top Muslim in the Top Power Seat - Obama's TOP ADVISOR.
Yes ladies and gentlemen, THIS is Obama's top advisor.
Seems as if his promise to fundamentally change America is in full swing. Had enough yet?
Last Edited: September 29, 2015, 7:49 pm
September 23, 2015, 6:19 pmSad day for baseball fans
Sad day for baseball fans, Yogi has died
September 23, 2015, 6:16 pmWhich candidate do you match?
Click on the link below and follow the link to try this short quiz and see which candidate you agree with on various subject.
Be sure to move the "how important is this to you" spot on the left to match with how important an issue is to you. Also, use the "Other Stances" selection often �which allows you to explain why you chose that answer.
It is very well done, informative, and worth your time! If nothing else it makes you think about how you side on important issues.
Have fun and when the election rolls around, please remember to VOTE!
September 23, 2015, 6:13 pmThoughtful husband
Bill tried to cheer up Hillary this morning.
He reminded her that Nelson Mandela wasn't elected president until after he had served 27 years in prison.
September 22, 2015, 12:27 amUS soldiers told to tolerate...
Barack Obama recently nominated Eric Fanning, a civilian who is openly homosexual, to serve as secretary of the Army. That follows ending "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Two women recently graduated Ranger School, and there's a raging debate about women in combat roles. But while the administration is no doubt pleased with its tolerant and politically correct force, the military can't even uphold human rights.
The U.S. military has been tolerating its Afghan allies sexually abusing young boys for years. The Afghan militia would go so far as to take young boys into U.S. bases to do "bacha bazi," literally translated as "boy play." Gregory Buckley Sr. told The New York Times that, before his son was killed in Afghanistan, the Marine would tell him he could hear the screams of the boys at night. Why didn't U.S. soldiers intervene and beat the pedophiles into a pulp? Because they were told the military's policy was to respect Afghan "culture." The military justified inaction because it was fighting the larger evil of the Taliban. Besides, it didn't want to alienate its molesting Afghan allies.
Remember: This comes from an administration that advocates harsh responses in violation of due process for college students accused of date rape. The Times also reports that when Dan Quinn, a former Green Beret commander, threw an Afghan police commander to the ground over the rape of a boy in 2011, the military stripped him of his command. So while Obama makes the U.S. military a petri dish for "enlightened" progressive social experimentation, the whole idea of just war is called into question. What a legacy.
September 22, 2015, 12:23 amEinstein
Einstein... E = mc2
Einstein developed and verified the accuracy of his remarkable formula: E = mc2
Energy = Mass x Speed of Light squared
A lesser known Einstein formula determined:
If you strip naked and run in a circle at the speed of 298 km/sec
(the speed of light) It is theoretically possible to sodomize (screw) yourself.....
If you are physically incapable of achieving that speed at your age, however,
you can achieve the same result by voting Democratic in the Nov. 8 2016 election