You want to hear a story of a real screw up with the screening project. I purchased a 36 inch wide roll of screening 24 feet long to do one back window and two front windows. You have already read about the back window screening chaos. Today I went out to do some work thinking about the violas that needed transplanting and the two front window screens. I got my ruler out to check the front screens for length figuring if I had enough screening for both windows. Are you ready for this. Oo'Ka, here it is. I took my tape to measure the width of the screen. Guess what I discovered? The window screen is 39 inches wide.Looks like I got some screening for the storage area.
I moved on to the back yard to transplant the violas out of the big containers I am re-doing with perlite and vermiculite. Mixed up enough container mix with 20% vermiculite for 5 hanging flower pails. Transplanted the five viola plants in the pails. Sprinkled them with ferlizer plus put ferlizer on the other flowers in pails and watered them down.
When I was removing the violas from the three containers I discovered that the violas had self seeded themselves. Little itty bitty plants all over the containers starting to grow. I need the containers for my vegetables after I re-do the container mix. I had put the violas in the box containers last fall for an easy and quick place to put them.
Spotted signs of growing season starting. The clover is turning green on the front lawn, the bird seeds under the bird feeder are growing and the tree in the yard has sprouted its spring buds.
One thing about the seasons in SC is that it flips like a coin from one season to the next. Real quick sometimes. You can turn the heat on in the car in the morning and turn on the AC in the afternoon.
May work on the container boxes I took the violas out of tomorrow. I could get my ground boxes made and ready also. Guess they call them raised beds. I will be planting my squashes, cukes and melons in the ground boxes.
Radishes have sprouted.