4 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup sour cream
3 cups roasted cashews, chopped*
1 cup butter (no substitutions)
4 cups confectioners' sugar
6 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whole cashews, for garnish
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
calories: 100, total fat: 6g, saturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 14mg, sodium: 92mg, carbohydrate: 12g, protein: 1g.
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Grease 2 large cookie sheets. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Beat 1 cup butter and the brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and the 1 teaspoon vanilla. At low speed, beat in sour cream; beat in dry ingredients. Stir in chopped cashews.
2. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Repeat process with remaining dough.
3. Make Brown Butter Frosting: Melt 1 cup butter in saucepan over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, then cream, and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Spread warm Brown Butter Frosting on cookies; garnish each with a whole cashew. Makes 9 dozen.
4. *Note: If using salted cashews, omit salt from dough.
5. Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare cookies. Freeze in airtight containers up to 1 month. Frost as directed
Creamy cashew cookies
Published: November 13, 2007, 7:32 am