The notebook uses a removable Lithium Ion (Li-ION) battery pack that provides power
when you are away from an AC power source. You can recharge it many times.
Maximizing Battery Life
Like all other batteries, your computer’s battery will degrade over time. This means the
battery performance will diminish with time and use. To maximize your battery’s life, you
advised to adhere to recommendations set out below.
Conditioning a new Battery Pack
Before you use a battery pack for the first time, there is a “conditioning” process that you
1. Insert the new battery without turning the computer on.
2. Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery.
3. Disconnected the AC adapter
4. Turn on the computer and operate using battery power.
5. Fully deplete the battery until the battery-low warning appears.
6. Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again.
Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and discharged three times.
Use the conditioning process for all new batteries, or if battery hasn’t been used for a long
time. If the computer is to be stored for more that two weeks, you are advised to remove
the battery pack from the unit.
WARNING: Do not to expose battery packs to temperatures below 0oC (32oF)
or above 45oC (113oF). Extreme temperatures may adversely affect the
By following the battery conditioning process you condition your battery to accept the
maximum possible charge. Failure to follow this procedure will prevent you from obtaining
the maximum battery charge, and will also shorten the effective lifespan of the battery.
In addition, the useful lifespan of the battery is adversely affected by the following usage
- Using the computer on constant AC power with the battery inserted. If you want to use constant AC power, you are advised to remove the battery pack after it is fully charged.
- Not discharging and recharging the battery to its extremes, as described above.
- Frequent use; the more you use the battery, the faster it will reach the end of its effective life. A standard computer battery has a life span of about 300 charges.