The Doctor Patient Medical Association conducted a survey of doctors across the country. The survey took place from April 18 through May 22 of this year and was conducted on line and by fax. Of the 30,000 fax numbers of doctors in active clinical practices, 16,227 doctors successfully received the faxed survey. Of these, only 699 physicians completed the survey either by fax or going on line.
The results of those that responded indicated an overwhelming belief that Obamacare will be a complete disaster and that many of them are seriously considering leaving their medical practices because of it. Here are some of the statistics gathered from the survey:
- 90% say the medical system is on the WRONG TRACK
- 83% say they are thinking about QUITTING
- 61% say the system challenges their ETHICS
- 85% say the patient-physician relationship is in a TAILSPIN
- 65% say GOVERNMENT INVOLVEMENT is most to blame for current problems
- 72% say individual insurance mandate will NOT result in improved access care
- 49% say they will STOP accepting Medicaid patients
- 74% say they will STOP ACCEPTING Medicare patients, or leave Medicare completely
- 52% say they would rather treat some Medicaid/Medicare patient for FREE
- 57% give the AMA a FAILING GRADE representing them
- 1 out of 3 doctors is HESITANT to voice their opinion
- 2 out of 3 say they are JUST SQUEAKING BY OR IN THE RED financially
- 95% say private practice is losing out to CORPORATE MEDICINE
- 80% say DOCTORS/MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS are most likely to help solve things
- 70% say REDUCING GOVERNMENT would be single best fix.
When you combine all of the responses from the doctors that took time to fill out the survey, it says that they want the government out of medical profession and that Obamacare will not work. Therefore, 83% say that they are thinking about quitting their medical practices. They don’t want to be told by the government how to treat their patients and they don’t want to have to wade through mountains of paperwork the government will require.
Three quarters of them say that they will stop taking Medicaid patients because of Obamacare. The program, supported by the U.S. Supreme Court calls for extending the number of people that will fall under Medicaid coverage, but if 3 of every 4 doctors quit accepting Medicaid patients, it won’t matter how much the coverage is extended as there won’t be any doctors to treat them.
It also shows that the majority of doctors in private practices are barely surviving financially and that they feel that under all of the demands and restrictions of Obamacare that there is no way for them to avoid losing money. This is the reason so many of them are considering the option of walking away from their practices.
If this survey is any indication of what is coming with the implementation of Obamacare, it spells out the complete collapse of the medical industry in America. The only places where anyone will be able to receive treatment will be in corporate medical facilities, which means longer waiting to get in to see the doctor and longer waiting for any testing, surgeries and or other procedures.
Chances are you will never see the same doctor twice which means that none of them will be familiar with your health and any medical conditions. This impersonal form of medicine increases the likelihood of missed diagnosis, wrong treatments, wrong prescriptions, and more malpractice issues. We will no longer be patients with names and real lives as we’ll just be a number to the government run doctors.
The saddest and most discouraging aspect of this survey is that even if you shoved it in the face of Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi, it wouldn’t change their minds on anything. With those two continually telling lies about what Obamacare really is, the truth won’t matter to them until it becomes history, and even then they’ll blame others and point their fingers at someone else. Unless we can get a Republican president and Senate in November’s election, the medical world in America will collapse and take the nation down with it.
Read more: http://godfatherpolitics.com/6095/8-of-every-10-doctors-thinking-of-quitting-because-of-obamacare/#ixzz20MC4TH5P