Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery RIGGING !!

Topic closed. 81 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
Member #91
January 19, 2002
11932 Posts
Posted: November 16, 2004, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
    USA
    United States
    Member #8242
    October 29, 2004
    1133 Posts
    Posted: November 16, 2004, 6:49 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by Todd on November 16, 2004

I was not talking about discussion the topic of rigging in other threads.  I was talking about double-posting the news stories which already exist in the news section.  We keep all the news together there.

Okie Dokie. I had not seen the News section prior to me posting my thread.
      Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23268 Posts
      Posted: November 16, 2004, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

No prob.  Now let's continue to shine light on this issue!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

USA
        United States
        Member #8242
        October 29, 2004
        1133 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2004, 7:00 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by four4me on November 16, 2004

Maverick and anybody else that interested in this subject. If you type rigging or rigged in the search engine at the top of this page you can find a lot of posts about this subject. It has been talked about many times.

If people fear that the lottery is rigged why bother to play. It seems like people who think the lottery is rigged and continue to play are fooling themselves into believing that they can win even if it is rigged.

If anyone thinks the lottery is rigged and can prove it contact the lottery commissioner and file a complaint.

There are all king of criminals out there and it stands to reason that someone might try and rig a game. But at what price is one willing to rig the lottery knowing that if they get caught that they will spend time behind bars. Ok for the skeptics how many people have rigged the lottery and not got caught.

Ok Ok OK it has been rigged in the past in some states and they got caught. Then they put regulations and security measures in place to try and prdvent it from happening again. Does that mean that it won't be tried again? NO! any time money is involved people will try and find a way to steal it.

I'm pretty sure that with all the security in place that one would almost have to be a magician to rig the lottery games. Or everyone involved with the drawing would have to be in on it. Now I could go on forever about the ramifications of this but I won't.

I'll just keep it simple. I posted that cos it is a very interesting topic. I had not seen the News section prior to that. AND remember i'm not sure exactly which states/countries, but to a certain extent I feel it is a "legal scam" or "semi-scam". I play simply cos I have not heard of any rigging involved in NY. Maybe there is, but until they're caught, I will continue to add my frugal dollars. I simply wanted to know what people think of those articles. That is all. Do not assume I posted it to have people stop playing, and do not assume that I feel EVERY lottery is a scam & that I continue to play & hope to win in spite of that assumption. AND that 666 Fix im sure wouldve gone smoothly if not for the dumbass #'s of 666 being picked... even the article says so. Now I hope we can go back to enjoying this site.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8362 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2004, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Maverick almost any lottery related topic you might think of has probably been discussed at some point in time.  666 is a very popular number and is sold out here in Maryland many days. I would probably be right in saying it is a popular number in every state on any given day.

USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: November 17, 2004, 12:53 am - IP Logged

four4me.. almost any related topic? Ok then sue me. I didnt think people would take an accidental reposting so critically.

666 in Maryland? Im talking about in Pittsburgh.

popular # in any state? Maybe so, but the draw was the largest in Pennsylvania Lottery history. Those knuckleheads couldv'e and shouldv'e went with numbers something much less eye-catching.

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8362 Posts
              Posted: November 17, 2004, 1:46 am - IP Logged
              No one is trying to hammer you. I'm stating a fact there are 220,000 plus posts on this site. nearly every lottery related topic has some reference to it. I'm not trying to get you angered. I'm trying to help. I just mentioned Maryland because 666 hit 4 times this year so far. So a lot of people think that maybe somebody is playing tricks on us. Some people mentioned that how do we know it was not a taped drawing done at some other time prior to the drawing.

What happened in PA was dumb of course but not nearly as dumb as someone putting water or helium in the balls. All kinds of dishonest methods have been used to rig the game and nearly every one of them got caught. Besides it being an almost impossible feat the other problem is doing it and keeping it secret. the more people involved the less likely they will get away with it. And then theirs greed if they actually pulled off a job like this in the future. Many thieves would kill to try and keep all the money. Leaving no living witness.

Almost every lottery that has a web site has some reference to the security measures in place to prdvent this. And mainly it has been done because the people wanted some kind of assurance that the games were safe from fraud. That is to say that every measure is taken to protect the game from someone rigging it. Because of what happened in the past. 
                USA
                United States
                Member #8242
                October 29, 2004
                1133 Posts
                Posted: November 17, 2004, 2:27 am - IP Logged

Yea the articles i posted (some of which are in the News section) are from greed, involving friends, co-workers & family only.

There is another way in which a lottery can be a "legal scam", rather than merely personal greed. I dont believe this 100%, only that its possible & it could very well be happening in good ole NY lol. Anyway it could be that "they" let a certain ticket win the jackpot when they want a win on that particular week. Meaning if they dont want a win that week, & just wanna increase the jackpot, they can manipulate/change the numbers drawn to where only lesser prizes are won (no jackpot winners). This would be in the states benefit as it keeps more money on "education".

If that's true, I just hope they're looking for a winner that week & my ticket matches... or if no tickets match, they take my ticket & manipulate the drawing numbers to match my ticket lol... and that's how real people win (hehe).

United States
                  Member #7931
                  October 18, 2004
                  312 Posts
                  Posted: November 17, 2004, 8:59 am - IP Logged

what some also dont realize is that its not one or two people who do the rigging.

its a team effort. "team"

they dont split "one" jackpot as you may imagine. they split "all" jackpots. and all the money goes all the way around the table, which keeps all the mouths shut and the game continues on. its a large scale effort to satisfy greed. also, when someone would ask me "why" would they do it, the first answer i come up with is this,

...........does one "actually" believe for one second they are going to "allow" a terrorist or fugitive or rapist or a murderer fresh from prison to win a jackpot? cmon!!!!!!!! this is retarded!!!!!!!!

in order to make sure the money doesnt fall into the wrong hands, they have to rig it. its now a matter of "national security". after 911

why do you think they are slowly going "digital? what about people like david koresh? does one actually belive they are going to allow a "koresh" type person or 'manson" follower to walk off with a "jackpot"? can you imagine what these type people would do with that type of money?

this is my answer. thankz

United States
                    Member #7931
                    October 18, 2004
                    312 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2004, 9:11 am - IP Logged

one more thing, where i worked the asst mgr would scan eack fresh pack of scatchoffs for "pack value". and it would give them the payout amount of each pack. and if it paid out more than 500.00 they bought the pack and took it home. when i saw them do this i waited till the lotto personel from austin showed up for the promos and in front of the officials i announced that i wanted to purchase a pack they had with them and they sold it to me and i won a lot of money "amount undisclosed"

i dont know how they do it now but thats how they did it then

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8362 Posts
                      Posted: November 17, 2004, 10:44 am - IP Logged

what some also dont realize is that its not one or two people who do the rigging. its a team effort. "team

Yes, I believe that would be one way it could be done and probably has. Like a televised drawing we could be seeing a team effort happening there at some time during the year. Where everyone involved walks away with some money, because they used a taped pre draw that they planed for a certain day. 

the asst mgr would scan eack fresh pack of scatchoffs for "pack value". and it would give them the payout amount of each pack.

I've seen this done also, the store manager would do this then get one of his relatives to buy the whole pack and cash in on big winners.

My older brother who is no longer with us used to dream up ways to win the lottery by corrupting the game. I don't know if he ever succeeded. I doubt that he ever found anyone to help him with his ideas.

United States
                        Member #7931
                        October 18, 2004
                        312 Posts
                        Posted: November 17, 2004, 11:51 am - IP Logged

thanks "4" for the input

USA
                          United States
                          Member #8242
                          October 29, 2004
                          1133 Posts
                          Posted: November 17, 2004, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

Yes more input please

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                            Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2741 Posts
                            Posted: November 17, 2004, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

hmm. i should see if the machines in PA do that.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
                              Member #7931
                              October 18, 2004
                              312 Posts
                              Posted: November 18, 2004, 2:51 am - IP Logged

yes, more people should do more checking.

i believe this thread may be the beginning of a change in the corruption and may cause people to begin winning more money once this type of info makes it around a few cornerz

so, once people start saying that this thread had nothing to do with it, it will be here as proof.