Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Softwares vs. Guessing

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #8863
November 20, 2004
36 Posts
Posted: November 20, 2004, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

I just wonder that when you guys play lotto, megamillions, powerball, etc. do you guys guess the numbers or you use some kind of software to generate the prediction?

I think guessing and predict the numbers by our own head is more fun, even thouh we lose. I wrote a C++ program to generate random number in a specified range and bought those numbers, but I lost and felt like duuhhhh, where were my thinking? :)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19900 Posts
    Posted: November 20, 2004, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Even if you use software, you're still guessing.  Software can only generate data about past drawings that might be helpful in picking your numbers, but you still have to choose the best way to use the data and that is a guess.  If you leave the choice up to the program then you are using the guess work of the programmer.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: November 20, 2004, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

the odds are so great that whether you guess your own or get a quick pick ultimately its when the numbers are actually drawn that you'll then know the outcome,either way its 50/50 with either quick pick or own numbers,i like to be in charge of my own destiny so i choose my own.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
        Beautiful Florida
        United States
        Member #5709
        July 18, 2004
        20235 Posts
        Posted: November 20, 2004, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

i too think that it ultimately comes down to guessing. but i like lottomike like to be in charge of my own destiny, so i would say that is where luck takes over !

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2004, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

if i'm gonna spend my money i wanna control the outcome......

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2004, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

That's right, no matter what you do, you are always just guessing and also no matter what the software does it's also just guessing, either by your use of it, or it was programmed to guess according to whatever parameters were used.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: November 22, 2004, 2:11 am - IP Logged

its all luck!

United States
                Member #8747
                November 16, 2004
                213 Posts
                Posted: November 22, 2004, 6:02 am - IP Logged

powerball player here

I definitely don't belive in random numbers especially when I am gonna cough up $1 or $2.

I thought in a sense(since I haven't guessed right: then in general) it is all a guess. I still prefer to guess my numbers depending on past numbers especially those that has not occured. This can be equally as bad if a number deceived to pack up and take a vacation in Cancun and leave you with the bill betting on it's lazy azz for months.

The best way is to get a feel of what numbers haven't occured, the kind of patterns that numbers are taking and roll your dice in that direction while having a great 'ol time.

United States
                  Member #8747
                  November 16, 2004
                  213 Posts
                  Posted: November 22, 2004, 6:10 am - IP Logged

I forgot about the software part of your question.

I am using this trial software lotto pro. It is pretty good because I like to pick the numbers I think will be drawn and run combinations on them. And if the look good or have that certain something, i will play them.

I don't want to pay for any software because I am having problem with people taking my money as it is already.

Southgate
                    United States
                    Member #8097
                    October 23, 2004
                    6 Posts
                    Posted: November 22, 2004, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

gameboy can I try your C++ program ??

United States
                      Member #8863
                      November 20, 2004
                      36 Posts
                      Posted: November 23, 2004, 12:49 am - IP Logged

thanks guys for sharing info. appreciated it!

@ joezep1,

that code is about choosing the most 7 hot numbers and the most 8 cold numbers in the most recent eight weeks past, then generate random numbers between these fifteen hot + cold number, didn't work out for me thoug :)

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3112 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2004, 2:31 am - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by gameboy on November 23, 2004

thanks guys for sharing info. appreciated it!

@ joezep1,
                        that code is about choosing the most 7 hot numbers and the most 8 cold numbers in the most recent eight weeks past, then generate random numbers between these fifteen hot + cold number, didn't work out for me thoug :)

It's very rare for all the winning numbers to come from hot, cold or hot plus cold.  When you play a third of the numbers no matter where they come from, you are going to average a third of the winning numbers among them.

The best thing you can do if playing minimally is to play all the numbers once.  If a 6/49 game this means 8 or 9 lines, but the winning numbers will be on six or fewer lines so you're really playing in a 6/36 game when you play using all the numbers.  Half the time you can eliminate the numbers from the previous draw, varies depending on game size.

With prediction out of the way, concentrate on combining the numbers that hit together in groups of six, ie: co-occurence with typical balances.

BobP
                          Lee's Summit, Mo.
                          United States
                          Member #6519
                          August 26, 2004
                          192 Posts
                          Posted: November 23, 2004, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Bobp

In your 2nd paragraph, please explain in detail what you mean when you say that the winning numbers will be on six or fewer lines so you're really playing in a 6/36 game when you play using all the numbers.

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                            United States
                            Member #3489
                            January 25, 2004
                            14120 Posts
                            Posted: November 23, 2004, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Well, you take this deck of playing cards.......LOL.

That's the way I have been winning mostly with the Pick 3.  I haven't won with the Fantasy 5 or Super Lotto in Californina using cards, but I have tried.  Works with Pick 3, though.  Check my Blog.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3112 Posts
                              Posted: November 23, 2004, 6:07 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by pigskin on November 23, 2004

Bobp

In your 2nd paragraph, please explain in detail what you mean when you say that the winning numbers will be on six or fewer lines so you're really playing in a 6/36 game when you play using all the numbers.

The worst thing that can happen is you get one of the six winning numbers per line, that means six lines = 36 numbers.  So that's the outside perameter of what can happen.  All six winning numbers on one line is the inside perameter, ie: a 6/6 game.  The better you get at this the closer you get to playing in a 6/6 game.  I've found myself in a 6/12 game  several times by this method, ie a 4# win line and a 2# line.

When you just buy Quick Picks, it can happen you don't have all the winning numbers among your lines no matter how many lines you buy. If you don't have all the winning numbers among your lines you can't win no way no how.  BobP