Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

state thats most likely rigged

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
twisted's avatar - underground
New Jersey
United States
Member #2376
September 25, 2003
582 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2004, 7:19 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by enterceptorr on November 27, 2004

i have posted my results tickets scan in a yahoo group i made.

and ,as for a true un rigged lottery, this may sound "retarded", but, the only way i see a true drawing is if you set and infant in diapers in a pile of lotto balls or lotto paper slips with numbers, and we call the numbers that infant picks up. this would not be rigged, and, if it were televised live, and the people which went to view, actually were allowed to get "close" enough to the situation .

since so much money is riding on jackpots and so many people are seriously wanting to win...........youd think it would be an important enough thing to have it live on air and not allow the balls to disappear before they reappear.

anyhows, that said,..what about the pretaped versions?....how early in advance did the "media" get the winning numbers to show on tv?

early enough to fiddle with?hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

anywayz, this said,.....

Powerball and MegaMillions drawings are LIVE. I'm sure its the same for other states. The media doesnt have any time in advance to manipulate the draw video.

United States
    Member #7931
    October 18, 2004
    312 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2004, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

i have a videotape from my television of one "live" drawing, from 5 years ago.

the drawing froze. it paused for 25 seconds. because it wasnt really live. but the news station assured all in texas it was live.

i also have nonwinning p3 tickets which are deemed collective material.

because they have errors on them in triple numbers over numbers

funny thing is, those very numbers are the same triples theyve called ..........and in sequence

United States
      Member #7931
      October 18, 2004
      312 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2004, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

yes todd im funny as a bunny

Columbia City, Indiana
        United States
        Member #2978
        December 9, 2003
        381 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2004, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Live television broadcasts are not actually live; they use a fifteen-second time delay, and it's not uncommon for one frame to "freeze" when the signal is temporarily lost.

This happened just last year when the movie Failsafe was remade with George Clooney (the balck-and-white original, with Henry Fonda as the president, was much better, in my opinion). That was a live broadcast, and toward the end of the performance, the program "froze" on a single frame for about twenty seconds.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

United States
          Member #7931
          October 18, 2004
          312 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2004, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

no, it was a promo.

the lotto promo was actually live supposedly as well as the media covering it. they even had the time up in the top right corner.

but it froze.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2004, 8:41 pm - IP Logged

indiana,if i had the time to invest i would look into that......

Columbia City, Indiana
              United States
              Member #2978
              December 9, 2003
              381 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2004, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Enterceptorr:

It doesn't matter that they had the time posted in the corner. Clocks can be set to read any time you want them to. If you look at a clock sometime during the summer months and it reads 6:03, but it's already been dark for several hours, do you take it at face value that the time is actually 6:03, or do you say, "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... it might not really be 6:03; somebody ran the batteries down or unplugged or reset it so that I would think it's 6:03?"  

I promise I don't sit here making up things like, oh, say federal laws, for example, to post on this forum. FCC regulations mandate a fifteen-second delay between the time any live perfomance begins and the time the signal is broadcast. If I remember correctly, this law was enacted in 1975 following an incident on Saturday Night Live involving John Belushi. FYI, this has been the practice of the television industry since the late 1940's, although it wasn't a law (a seven-second delay was used until the early 60's). Back then, all television was live, and I'm sure you can appreciate why this practice was necessary, since Murphy runs rampant in emerging technologies. The delay is used to *bleep* any off-color language or to blur or edit out any lewd and lascivious behavior.

If you want live TV that's actually live, move to Sweden. 

Jim

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: November 29, 2004, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

i do know the super bowl didn't have a time delay because the network got several angry letters about janet jackson barring her breast on national television and parents were irate,then they also got fined by the fcc....

United States
                  Member #7931
                  October 18, 2004
                  312 Posts
                  Posted: November 30, 2004, 3:39 am - IP Logged

why did it freeze?

if it were a delay, live, untaped..............would it freeze?

only a prerecorded item would freeze.

Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: November 30, 2004, 3:42 am - IP Logged

true......

Columbia City, Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #2978
                      December 9, 2003
                      381 Posts
                      Posted: November 30, 2004, 11:02 am - IP Logged

I'm not going to give a symposium on cathode ray (picture) tubes on a lottery forum.

If you're really that interested, and if you don't believe me (and you obviously don't), then turn off your computer, get off your butt, go to your local television station and ask to speak with their chief engineer. Then log on again and regale us with your suspicions that he must be in on the conspiracy, since he'll tell you what I've already told you (I guess this will finger me as a member of the inner circle, too. Oh, well...).

I can understand initiating a new thread for a new topic, but this thread has degenerated into common drivel with no constructive value.

Todd started this forum so that people with common interests could get together and share their ideas. He doesn't charge us for basic membership, and yet anytime one of us has a complaint he acts to rectify that complaint ASAP.

I brought this up to illustrate a point:

LotteryPost didn't make its debut as the best lottery forum on the web. It took a lot of work on Todd's part, and most of the members here have certainly done their share to make the forum interesting. We all have a responsibility, to Todd and each other, to keep it that way.

I can't tell anyone here what to post, and it wouldn't be in my interest to try. My personal rule is this: If I have nothing to say, I don't post to that thread. If I do respond, I try to make sure that what I write has something to do with the topic at hand. Most of the time, I write too much, but I always tell you why I'm thinking what I'm thinking, or I back up my opinions and allegations with facts, so that you can see how I reached my conclusions. This is important, I think, because it gives other members a chance to intelligently dispute what I've written, or, in rare cases, to agree with it. I don't like to see one-word posts like "ditto" or "interesting" or "I agree" (yeah, I know, but I don't much care for two-word posts, either). 

If I write 800 words to tell you how I feel about a topic, or to give my ideas on the thread of the day, and you take the time to read it, and then respond with, "interesting," what am I supposed to derive from that? Is that all you can think of to say, or do you just hate to type? Tell me why you agree; tell me why you find it interesting. I'd like to know. Your ideas and opinions might spur another member on to respond, or I might have a counterpoint. I realize few people here enjoy writing as much as I do, but you can't expect anyone to take you seriously if you're unable or unwilling to substantiate your opinions and allegations. 

LottoMike:

Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" took place at the MTV Awards, not the Superbowl, and yes, the FCC did levy a hefty fine on the network - for lewd and lascivious conduct.

Jim

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
                        Stone Mountain, GA
                        United States
                        Member #3189
                        January 1, 2004
                        28242 Posts
                        Posted: November 30, 2004, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Jim695:

Janet's "wardrobe malfunction" was this year's SuperBowl Halftime show.  I was watching it and couldn't believe what I saw. 

Columbia City, Indiana
                          United States
                          Member #2978
                          December 9, 2003
                          381 Posts
                          Posted: November 30, 2004, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Toney725:

Yes; sorry for the error. You and LottoMike are absolutely correct. I saw the game, too, but not the halftime show, as I was playing poker at the time. 

Please accept my apologies. 

Jim

Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: November 30, 2004, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

hey there jim i understand YOUR opinions that you stated above ok...but if certain people end up answering with one word answers thats their choice.i don't run this site and neither do you so it doesn't really matter what you think about somebody answering...i agree....ditto...or whatever.sometimes people might post a subject on here and everyone gets sidetracked dventually as some conversations tend to do.anyway i just felt you were kind of wrong in a way by saying that but this is america and we all have our own opinions and thats what makes this country great.....thanks

United States
                              Member #7931
                              October 18, 2004
                              312 Posts
                              Posted: November 30, 2004, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

yes todd has gone through a lot of trouble to keep this site up.

you have gone through a lot of trouble to snag emotions.

but..........the fact still remains/ that / ................millions of people have spent billions of dollars of their hard worked and easily worked  money. all in order to be tricked into believing they will be the next winner.

this, in comparison, is a lot more vast than what you speak of.

i had to hold my tongue while selling fraud tickets to customers anticipating a jackpot that has never been there from day one. the jackpot is, and will remain in a ballooning bank account, somewhere and will remain untouched by all except...........the accountholders.