Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

winning a jackpot...what would you buy...

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 12 years ago by mt7895.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
USA
United States
Member #1849
July 15, 2003
265 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2004, 8:15 am - IP Logged

I would buy nothing and tell no one except you folks that I won.... LOL.

Whitwell, TN
    United States
    Member #5461
    July 5, 2004
    56 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2004, 8:59 am - IP Logged

depends on how much I win, but if its big money Caymen Islands here I come! After that top 10 things are 1.Donate to a. St. Jude b. American Diabetes Assoc. c. Brookefield Zoo(Chicago,IL) 2. pay off all bills for family and me. 3.build my sister her husband and their 5 children a new home. 4. pay off my other sister and her husbands home. 5. whole family (approx 34 people) goes to Disney World. 6. send mom and dad on european tour. 7. Swiss bank accounts. 8. set up a scholorship fund for my old high school. 9. Travel the USA. 10. Send grandparents to HI for vacation.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
      USA
      United States
      Member #8242
      October 29, 2004
      1133 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2004, 1:08 am - IP Logged
        dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2004, 2:32 am - IP Logged

A house. Judging from real estate prices where I live you would have to hit 1 million or more to get a house. Half for the house and the other half's interest to pay for the real estate taxes.

Justin's avatar - hatchap
          Stevens Point
          United States
          Member #6457
          August 24, 2004
          3030 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2004, 2:45 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by MADDOG10 on November 30, 2004

good for you justin.

thanks mad dog, ill never win tho LOL

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

unseen's avatar - 4eyes
            louisville, Ky
            United States
            Member #4928
            June 3, 2004
            142 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2004, 3:15 am - IP Logged

I'd work on a few movies that have been dancing around in my head. 

fwlawrence's avatar - Yavill
              Austin
              United States
              Member #9378
              December 6, 2004
              210 Posts
              Posted: December 8, 2004, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I would pay off my broker.

mt7895's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg

United States
                Member #4397
                April 21, 2004
                21 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2004, 11:09 am - IP Logged

First thing I would do is pray and thank God for this miracle (after all the odds of actually winning the jackpot is so very little).

1.   I would then give 10% to the church and other charitable organization (battered women shelter, homeless shelter, etc.).

2.  Visit my sick dad and hire a nurse to help for my mom to assist my dad.  Visit the inlaws.  Move to where my parents live so I can help.  (Can't afford to live where my parents live.  The cost of living there is so high that many left and are leaving. . . Honolulu, Hawaii).

3. Pay off all our debts and finally be debt free after all these years of struggling.

4.  Quit my job, travel, and perhaps take a class (finance?).

5.  Give some money to my parents, inlaws, brothers and sisters. Set up a trust fund for my children.

6.  Finally, process the adoption that we have been financially struggling with to get a child out of an orphanage.

7.  Extreme make over on our home.

8. Get rid of our old clunker, Geo Prism (with a dent on the side, paint fading) for a nice car.  Perhaps a Lexus or a Subaru ... something nice and reliable.

9.  Re-affirm our wedding vows at the kind of wedding that my wife deserves.  Not like the very tiny wedding, we had originally had.

10.  Give all the things for my wife that she deserves for all the times she had to put up with me. 

11.  Finally, it would give me the luxury of time to finally just relax and do absolutely nothing but to be in the backyard, sit on a lounge chair, sip a glass of wine (or beer), look at the mountain view, watch my children play, and once again thank God for this miracle.

I know that this is not as extravangant as other's dreams, but I want to live life as simply as possible. 

Take care, all.  May all of you be winners in life, and filled with happiness.

Michael