|Posted: December 9, 2004, 11:09 am - IP Logged|
First thing I would do is pray and thank God for this miracle (after all the odds of actually winning the jackpot is so very little).
1. I would then give 10% to the church and other charitable organization (battered women shelter, homeless shelter, etc.).
2. Visit my sick dad and hire a nurse to help for my mom to assist my dad. Visit the inlaws. Move to where my parents live so I can help. (Can't afford to live where my parents live. The cost of living there is so high that many left and are leaving. . . Honolulu, Hawaii).
3. Pay off all our debts and finally be debt free after all these years of struggling.
4. Quit my job, travel, and perhaps take a class (finance?).
5. Give some money to my parents, inlaws, brothers and sisters. Set up a trust fund for my children.
6. Finally, process the adoption that we have been financially struggling with to get a child out of an orphanage.
7. Extreme make over on our home.
8. Get rid of our old clunker, Geo Prism (with a dent on the side, paint fading) for a nice car. Perhaps a Lexus or a Subaru ... something nice and reliable.
9. Re-affirm our wedding vows at the kind of wedding that my wife deserves. Not like the very tiny wedding, we had originally had.
10. Give all the things for my wife that she deserves for all the times she had to put up with me.
11. Finally, it would give me the luxury of time to finally just relax and do absolutely nothing but to be in the backyard, sit on a lounge chair, sip a glass of wine (or beer), look at the mountain view, watch my children play, and once again thank God for this miracle.
I know that this is not as extravangant as other's dreams, but I want to live life as simply as possible.
Take care, all. May all of you be winners in life, and filled with happiness.