Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Working on a new system

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
cd_shopper's avatar - 911lotto
Caracas
Venezuela
Member #9685
December 16, 2004
25 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2004, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Greetings to all members and Admins. This is my first post here and my 4th visit to the site.

Greetings to Todd, you have a great web site! btw that test for Dementia was pretty hard...  really likes the pics too, keep it coming man!

I've been working alone, for 4 eternal months, in a system to predict the pick-3 numbers, but this pick-3 is slighty different for others....

In my country they have 2 ping-pong-ball machines. A and B. both are used to get one number at 12:00pm and one at 8:00pm, so they get 4 numbers per day (each machine gets two), this is done live on TV (supposedly, you never know...).

If you play lets say number 010 for machine A at 12:00pm and that number comes from B (not A) then you get nothing, pretty hard isnt it?

So if you want to play a number then you have to choose from 4 different options, A or B and 12:00 or 8:00, couldnt be worst....

Im writing my program in Turbo Pascal 7.0 (object oriented) when i feel satisfied with it i will migrate the code to java with a nice interface, menus and stuff... The program tries to predict numbers based on my own filters and show a graphic chart with all the money you earned or lost... in the time played. In my studies i use a two years database from pick-3 rounds at 9 lottery companies (Pretty good collecion).

My program is Based in the following chart:

Machine              Last Number it Got          Numbers that are very not probably come on next round

A or B                    333                               333,33X,X33,3X3,etc..

A or B                     944                               999,994,499,949,etc..

and 1057 more filters...

I've related the current number of Machine A with the past one from the same machine (Dont mix numbers from different machines) they have nothing to do with each other, theyre independant, its a common error (i did). Some relations you can apply are > < + or -, im currently applying 1059 Filters to all the numbers.

They all are called static Filters, and i use them to filter around 250 (they sum 10%! of the total winnings) out of 1000. with the aprox. 750 (90% of the total winnings) numbers left you use your favorite stategy, im still working on this stage. I Will keep you informed.

Im based on the fact that its easier for me to find more than 900 number that are not probaly come out than to find less than 100 that are probably. Maybe im wrong maybe not.

well i wanted to post this for some reasons, the ones i can think of are:

1) Moral support, its been 4 months, all started with a handwriting statistic...and im doing this alone with no support and i think i need a little to keep trying. So if you have the time let me know what you think of my work, any kind of comment is very welcome.  You can email me or write your reply here (with the permission of Todd of course), i will be happy to read it. My emal addy is cd_shopper@hotmail.com

2) Hear other strategies. Do you have a strategy you think i can use in my program? let me know so i can evaluate that strategy with the two years database i have from pick-3 rounds. Im open to any suggestion, dont be shy, i'll never reject the help you can give me.

3) Take advice from regular members who have more time working on this than me.

Well i will reply to messages asap, be patient because i dont have internet at home.

And thanks again to Todd for letting me post here, take care and Merry Xmas to all!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23277 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2004, 8:15 pm - IP Logged

Welcome, and good luck to you!  I think you'll enjoy participating on the forums and predictions board.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Lee's Summit, Mo.
      United States
      Member #6519
      August 26, 2004
      192 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2004, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

If you are saying that your strategy is to eliminate as many combos as you can as non-winners and then reverse your strategy to select the winning combo from those that are left, I think this is the correct strategy and this will give you your best chance to win.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
        Clarkston, Michigan
        United States
        Member #76
        January 6, 2002
        8528 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2004, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Welcome cd_shopper.  Your venture is time consuming.  This I know from my experience.

This is just a suggestion.......you might want to incorporate due root sums into your filters. 

Good luck and let us know when it is finished.  Curiosity killed the cat...I only hope it doesn't kill me........lol....

Hope you enjoy your stay at Lottery Post.  Todd is a great webmaster and we have some pretty great people on here as you will find out.

Sandy

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
          Member #14
          November 9, 2001
          31365 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2004, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

definitely keep us posted on your system.  welcome from ga.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Caracas
            Venezuela
            Member #9685
            December 16, 2004
            25 Posts
            Posted: December 17, 2004, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome! I will definitely continue participating here.

To pigskin: Yes, thats what is all about, find the ones less probable and reverse the list...

To SandyK: Thanks for the welcome and support, i will incorporate those sums tonigh or tomorrow and see the result.

To Todd: Thanks for admitting me in your place, you sure are a great person.

To emylig: Hello and thanks for your reply! hope to hear more from you too.

Last night i was looking how many relations can you make using (and, or) 2 times and using (> < >= <= = <>) 3 times. For example:

Past Number the Machine got:  X Y Z

new Number the machine got:  A  B  C

one of the relations could be (the simplest):

(x < a) and (y < b) and (z < c)

well there are many many relations... around 300.000, i will post a file that can generate all of them when i finish it. Then i will start with the relations involving: +, -, *, mod , etc...

See you soon and thanks for the welcome.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2004, 5:21 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by cd_shopper on December 17, 2004

well there are many many relations... around 300.000, i will post a file that can generate all of them when i finish it. Then i will start with the relations involving: +, -, *, mod , etc... 

Is that 300 or 300,000?  If it is 300,000 ,why would you generate that many lines for a pick3 lottery which has only 1000 possible straight combinations and less than 300 boxed combinations?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Caracas
                Venezuela
                Member #9685
                December 16, 2004
                25 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2004, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Hi RJOH,

You didnt understand me, i will try to explain what i'm doing (to all, this is for pick-3 only):

Past Number the Machine got:  X    Y    Z

New Number the Machine got:  A    B    C

I query my 2 years drawings database looking how many times the, lets say, relation

(x <= A) and (Y= < B) and  (Z <= C)   

applies and how many numbers per drawing i had to play every single drawing. If the past number is for example

2  0    3

then if you play by the relation above then you can play

all numbers starting at J were J is less or equal than X AND.... , same for Y and Z. Some numbers you can play are for example:

203 - 202- 201- 200- 103 - 102 - 101 - 100 - 003 - 002 - 001 - 000

(remember the relation is less or equal AND) they all return TRUE apllied to the relation above. In this case we have a RANGE of 12 numbers to play according to that relation.

what i did is find as many relations as i can and then query my database to see which ones are winners or extremely losers (I use losers as filters!). Some other relations could be:

(x < A) and (Y > B) or (C = Z)

(x + A) < z and (y < B)

and so on... there are millions... i calculated the number for some last night. I will choose the ones bellow 65.000 as im working with "word" variables (Turbo pascal terms) and it takes hours to query a two years database with 50.000 relationships.

I hope its clear for everybody what im doing, i will keep you informed.

See you.

Caracas
                  Venezuela
                  Member #9685
                  December 16, 2004
                  25 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2004, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

Last night i was doing some calculations and got some pretty and ugly numbers... Here is Question for all the math guys or people who really like numbers out there:

Past Number the machine Got:  X  Y  Z

New Number the machine Got:  A  B  C

Relational Operators (RO): < ,  > , = ,  <= ,  >= , <>  (6 in total)

Boolean Operator  (BO):  AND, OR  (2 in total)

Binary Operators (BI):  +, -, *, mod  (4 in total)

How many combinations can be made using the 6 numbers the machine got with NO REPETITIONS + the Relationals Operator + the Boolean Operators + the binary operators, in the following forms (V can be any of the 6 numbers, NO REPETITIONS) :

I.-  (V RO V)

II.- (V RO V) BO (V RO V)

III.- (V RO V) BO (V RO V) BO (V RO V)

IV.-  (V BI V)

V.-  V RO (V BI V)

VI.- (V BI V) RO (V BI V)

VII.- ((V BI V) RO (V BI V)) BO V

VIII.-  ((V BI V) RO (V BI V)) BO (V BI V)

Note that V can appear from 2 to 6 times as we want NO repetitions.

I will post the answers tomorrow so you have time to think and calculate.... i may have made a mistake in my calculations or not.....

You have something to work with now, see you later guys.

Caracas
                    Venezuela
                    Member #9685
                    December 16, 2004
                    25 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2004, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

I'm concerned and a little confused with the opinions i've read everywhere, some people say the root sums works (i've not tested it with my database, i've been busy), the same people reccomend a web page (not this one) and that web page says the sums doesnt work...

in short, some people say X method work and some people say it doesnt..... makes me more confused than b4.....

This what i've tested and DOESNT work in my 2 years database (it makes you loose lots of money):

*- Play using Random Number Generators:  Bad idea, no skill required and you are betting to luck.

*- Play using the Numbers you dreamed of: Bad, i dream of numbers every night and they wont come out, you may get lucky once but nothing related to a constant pattern.

*- Play the number your neighbor/friend gave you: i dont trust my friends and they all are dumb, they also suck at numbers too.

*- Play using the RANDOM NUMBERS BELLOW THE GAUSS CURVE: i'm sorry if i hurt someones ego but i didnt work in my database, random numbers are a bad choice.

The lottery numbers (in pick-3) are represented as a UNIFORM DISTRIBUTION, its not a normal, poisson or whatever...dont waste time thinking its not uniform. I draw the Gauss Bell for every single digit and combinations of the 3 digits, it distrubute in a uniform way. There are NO gap or holes below the curve.

*- Playing using the "Big numbers law": That law is not based in random numbers, in lottery its false that number One has more probability than number Two and Two has more than Three, and so on... thats NOT true for lottery. This law applies to phone guides, population statistics, etc... all are some sort of MEASUREMENT numbers.... not random.

*- People who sell a program that works all the time: Please sellers be honest and dont ripp off people. To Players: if it works all the time then why is he selling it for, lest say, 50 bucks instead of playing in his local lottery dealer and make millions of $$$? thats just common sense.

Any comments are welcome, see ya later

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                      Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2004, 9:55 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on December 17, 2004

Quote: Originally posted by cd_shopper on December 17, 2004

Is that 300 or 300,000?  If it is 300,000 ,why would you generate that many lines for a pick3 lottery which has only 1000 possible straight combinations and less than 300 boxed combinations?

RJOh

Even if there are thousands  or even millions of relations, as RJOH said there are only 1000 pick 3 numbers and so you can't filter out more than 1000 pick 3 numbers which would leave 0 numbers to play.

I don't understand, but maybe what you mean is that there are 300,000 possible relations and that some-how you use them to find combos that will not come out next and what ever combos are left after that those are the combos that you will play next, so the relations are not the combos themselves but things that you use to find bad and or good combos with.

So maybe the relations are the real filters themselves, maybe you have found out the mathematical relations between the numbers that tells you which numbers won't win on the next draw.

I don't know anything about math myself, so I don't know about "TRUE" numbers relationships, I only know about "GIVEN" or "IMPOSED" number  relationships.

Number(s) attributes such as most of us know them are artificial or given, like even, odd, high, low and some others.

I don't know math, so I guess that never mind, I would not understand, but  a person does not in many cases have to understand how a program works in order to use it, just as you don't have to know mechanics to drive a car.

Even so, maybe some people here can learn some-thing usefull from you and your program, maybe you can adapt you program for us to use here on the U.S.A.?

Good luck anyway.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Caracas
                        Venezuela
                        Member #9685
                        December 16, 2004
                        25 Posts
                        Posted: December 20, 2004, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for your Reply Lantern, and yes, when i say relations im talking about "Filters" which you can use to filter "groups" of numbers that Statistics (my database) say are not probably come out on the next drawing.

Remember Relations are Filters not Numbers, i can have 200.000 relations that can filter out 900 numbers out of 1000, so that leaves you 100 numbers to play in the next Round.

Answer to my quiz:

I .-  (V RO V)  = 90 combinations are Possible. No repetitions.

II.-  (V BI V) RO V  = 480 combinations are Possible. No repetitions.

III.- (V BI V) RO (V BI V) = 2880 combinations are Possible. No repetitions.

IV.- (V RO V) BO (V RO V) = 720 combinations are Possible. No repetitions.

V.- (V RO V) BO (V RO V) BO (V RO V)  = 25920 combinations are Possible. No repetitions.

VI.- ((V BI V) RO V) BO (V RO V) = 23.040 combinations are Possible. No repetitions.

VII.- ((V BI V) RO (V BI V) ) BO (V RO V) = 34.560 combinations are Possible. No repetitions.

The Followings relations are invalid:

(V BI V)  Doesnt Return TRUE or FALSE. Returns a Number so this one doesnt belong here.

((V BI V) RO (V BI V)) BO V  Doesnt Return TRUE or FALSE. Compares a Boolean with a Number.

I got the numbers using the Following Formula:

(ways to combine first argument) * (ways to combine the rest) * (2 square (numbers of  operands involved)) * (Numbers of RO operators involved) * (Number of BI operators involved).

Thats pretty much it, sorry i cant make myself more clear, i wish i can.

Any comments are always welcome.

Caracas
                          Venezuela
                          Member #9685
                          December 16, 2004
                          25 Posts
                          Posted: December 20, 2004, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Updated news:

I started working on group Number (V), because i find it more interesting than the others. As i said before there are millions of relations (Filters) you can make between 6 numbers (specially if you include Repetitions) , i compare my research with the astrologists.

There are millions of stars in the sky, if you try to study them all you will run out of resources, strengh and will. The idea is to focus on a specific group and chances are that you make an important discovering.

I will focus on group I to VII, i hope i get some importat results then. I will keep you informed.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
                            Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: December 21, 2004, 3:42 am - IP Logged

I thought that you was talking purely about the intrinsic mathematical relation(s) between the numbers and digits, but it seems that you are  talking about some kind, maybe astrological and or astronomical, mystical and or mathematical (physical) influences and or relations between heavenly bodies and "Random" pick 3 lottery numbers and or digits, I guess that that might be called "Pick 3 lottery astrology" , but maybe a new kind, "Pick 3 filter(s) astrology".

You talk about stellar clusters exerting influences on the "random" processes that produce pick 3 lottery numbers, just as regular astrology and all or most lottery winning techniques, this appears to me to be a kind of "random" make believe situation that works in a similar fashion as "regular" pick 3 filters do and maybe just as much by chance as by "technique", but who am I to say what's what? After all, I don't know no better.

But even in "regular" astrology, I think that it is said that the only macroscopical bodies that really count, are those that are close to earth, such as the sun, the moon and the other planets of our solar system and that the other stars and their planets don't count too much at all, but since I don't know neither astrology nor astronomy I am probably wrong.

It is indeed true that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, but I sure fail to see how a macroscopic nuclear atomic systematic chain reaction inside and or outside a star that is a quarter of a universe away has anything to do with which pick 3 numbers come out on Austin, Texas or Caracas  or anywhere on Earth for that matter.

But again, "mystical" matters defy comprehension. Don't they?

So, are you an astrologer-mathematician?

Good luck to you, you seem to be a sort of pick 3 astrologer genius (maybe).

But "our" "resident" lottery astrologers are very very good and maybe do just as well, perhaps, without as much trouble.

Anyhow, one more time, good luck to you and may you teach and help us much.

Bienvenido amigo (amiga).

As I said, I hope that you can help us and also maybe perhaps adapt your program for our own use, here on the U.S.A.

I fail to see how we can help you, but maybe some people here in some way can.

Fernando.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Caracas
                              Venezuela
                              Member #9685
                              December 16, 2004
                              25 Posts
                              Posted: December 21, 2004, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Thanks again for your reply, it's always good to read the feebacks.

The universe always try successfully to balance things, if we sit and think quietly for a moment, everything is related.

If i had enough data, such as the dimensions and weight of every single ping-pong ball, the air flow , the cristal box dimensions, the time the pingpong balls keep bouncing, all of the elements involved in a specific drawing i could predict with a minimum error the possible combinations of that day.

Unfortunatly, no one has access to this kind of info..... so i base on mathematics and statistics.

I'm not a mathematician nor an astrologist, but i can tell you i think very different from the rest .... yet i look so normal...

This could sound off-topic and and some of you probably think i've gone mad (¡'ve not BTW), i wanted to share it with you all because i think this place is special.... dont' make fun of it, it's serious.

Every night, while my computer is trying all the combinations above, i sit and think a lot... for hours. Some good ideas come from such thinking, some are just good and bad memories from past times.

My post about comparing my search with the astrologist made me think, maybe stars are not infinite as we think, maybe the key to count them all is based on the time it takes for them to die and the time since the "big bang" happened. I will try to find a more clear relation later....

In other hand relations between two pair of 3-picks are not millions as i said before.... they are INFINITE....go figure! This happens because we defined numbers to be infinite, they are virtual (not made of matter).

If numbers were made of matter, they would not be infinite. I dont think stars are infinite, they are many, but not infinite. I also dont think universe is infinite, its has a limit which is expanding according to some scientics opinions which i share.

So those who are devoting their lives to study numbers has a lot more job to do than those who are devoted to study stars... i decided to be in the first group.

Of course you all can help me, its very simple. Just try to not make me feel like i'm talking to myself.

One final thought. I started to work in this project because i wanted to increase my income in a enormous way, after all this time it has become in a life project more than a way to get easy money.

I still dont know if im gonna succeed after all, but if i fail i can proudly said i tried my best. If i succeed than all the people than know me will be benefited, including you.

I'll keep you informed on my work. Have a nice day.

See you.