Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone have a lottery credo, rules?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 12 years ago by hypersoniq.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
Chicago,IL.
United States
Member #2902
November 29, 2003
1426 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2004, 10:56 am - IP Logged

Does anyone have a lottery credo or rules that they live by?

for example, always by tickets at the same store, never play less than a dollar straight, play the same number everyday. Stuff like this. Thanks in advance for your input.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8362 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2004, 11:21 am - IP Logged

I use any one or all of 5 methods of picking my numbers. First I keep track of the last 5 draws midday and evening combined in a stack. Then I plug those into powertrails method. Then I make 10 picks each pick 3/4. then I check them against a no hit list I made for my state. I pick 5 numbers that haven't hit before for pick 4. And 5 picks that haven't hit in the longest while in pick 3. The remaining picks are usually selected from the last 3 draws in both games. I compare those numbers with the ones that have been drawn within the last 30 days. Usually picking the remaining 5 numbers from that group.

I have one pick 4 number I play every day no matter what and will continue to play it till the day it comes out or I die whichever comes first. I buy one quick pick megamillion twice a week regardless of the jackpot amount. When I cant decide what numbers I'm gonna play I have a slip of numbers in my wallet with some personal family numbers like birthdays, phone, tag numbers, etc. Lastly I try and wait until 10 minutes before draw time to buy my tickets just in case they are tracking peoples plays. 

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
      Member #4416
      April 22, 2004
      1075 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2004, 11:39 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by four4me on December 23, 2004

Lastly I try and wait until 10 minutes before draw time to buy my tickets just in case they are tracking peoples plays. 

four4me,

I find this very interesting. Could you tell us more about this practice and the reasoning and strategy behind it?

Good luck,

aye'

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8362 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2004, 11:54 am - IP Logged

I don't know if this will sound right or not. I have been playing the numbers for a long time and I seem to have better luck if I wait until the last couple minutes before the draw to play my numbers. Even though I have bought numbers for the next draws in advance and won some money. If the lotteries are in fact de selecting plays while people are entering their numbers and somehow manipulating the drawings waiting until the last minute to play gives them less time to pull a fast one. I may very well be paranoid about this. And the other reason is one of the picks I play from the top of my head my intuition number I call it seems to come to me at the very last minute before the draw.

And the paranoid feeling I have is they use magnetics to draw the numbers they decide they will draw. Although I've been told they do not use magnetics to draw ball machine numbers how do we really know their not using this type of machine.

Greenwich, CT
          United States
          Member #4793
          May 24, 2004
          1822 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2004, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

1. I never play the same combination twice (Match 5 and 6).

2. I always play numbers that I write down.

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #620
            August 25, 2002
            205 Posts
            Posted: December 23, 2004, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

I usually play my family's birthday numbers for the long term and supplement those with a quick pick or two.

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #620
              August 25, 2002
              205 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2004, 12:14 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by rabbitfoot on December 23, 2004

I usually play my family's birthday numbers for the long term and supplement those with a quick pick or two.

I forgot to add, I love to buy my tickets "out of town" whenever I can.

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2004, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I always buy my tickets at the same place.  I would only buy my tickets at a strange location if it was absolutely necessary.  To me it's important that the lottery agent be "into" the game, have a loyal lottery customer base, and pay you when you win.  I like the camaraderie among the fellow lottery players and the store staff and to me this only adds to the enjoyment of playing the game.  And when we win, they win. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19828 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2004, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

1. Never spend more than you can afford to lose because odds are you will.
                  2. Never play combinations of 5 or larger that have already hit.
                  3. Never play somebody elses lucky numbers if they aren't numbers you would play any way. 
                  4. Find a new location to play when the clerk says "don't forget me if we win tonight".

RJOh.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JAP69's avatar - alas
                    South Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #6
                    November 4, 2001
                    8790 Posts
                    Posted: December 23, 2004, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

I do not get stuck on a number for weeks and months at a time. It is not an I gotta play it every draw or else. If it hits and I do not play it it's an oh well . Geta hit I collect.

MAGA

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31355 Posts
                      Posted: December 23, 2004, 9:11 pm - IP Logged

same here jap - numbers change nightly.

love to nibble those micey feet.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                        Member #4416
                        April 22, 2004
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: December 23, 2004, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

1. Don't play with scared money.

2. Don't shy away from number combinations just because the look funny.

3. Don't be too proud to play Quick Picks when necessary.

4. Keep an open mind about new methods and try to improve old ones.

5. Don't change your method unless you're convinced that it can't work, and don't stick with a method that clearly isn't working.

6. Never buy tickets in a place where management or sellers put out bad vibes with rudeness, irritability, or general negativity.

7. Get all playslips back after they're run through the lottery terminal. I've had many places try to keep them.

8. Never try to recoup losses by increasing the size of your bets.

9. If you manage to get ahead or score a big win, draw down most of your winnings and/or buy something nice with the money. Once you're a winner, don't let the odds grind you down into a loser. In short, hit'em hard and take off running!

10. Stay out of lottery pools.

Good luck,

aye'

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                          USA
                          United States
                          Member #8242
                          October 29, 2004
                          1133 Posts
                          Posted: December 23, 2004, 11:58 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by four4me on December 23, 2004

waiting until the last minute to play gives them less time to pull a fast one. I may very well be paranoid about this.

Now for once we are on the same page here. I have had that same exact thought myself. I may start doing that again. If you ask me what I believe, I'd say it is very possible. On the other hand computers are involved when it comes to keeping track of every tickets combinations. That would lead me to think that every single combination played, they will have record of it, even if bought 20 seconds before draw closing time. But you never know... you never know.

Maybe we shouldn't talk much about this in case officials are reading this lol. Am I being paranoid?

Also, lets put our heads together. Why do they record the combinations played? There are marketing reasons, but how relevant are those reasons? I dunno. I think if anything needs to be logged it's what game it is, where it is bought, when it is bought, how much the ticket was. For now, I don't see any logical reason for them to record the combinations played. What do y'all think?

(just in case I'll create a thread, so WE can all have input)

SirMetro's avatar - center
                            East of Atlanta
                            United States
                            Member #6191
                            August 11, 2004
                            1389 Posts
                            Posted: December 24, 2004, 12:00 am - IP Logged

hummm...Lottery Rules...

1) Pray (oh wait...can't do that..church opposes the lottery)

1) Whine (who too???...odds are, the guy next to you doesn't know either)

1) Drink (blurry or not...the wrong numbers are still the wrong numbers)

1) Whimper (if ya like having the store clerk & other patrons laugh at ya)

1) Spend every $1 in your pocket and complain about how the lottery is messing with you cause it keeps making you miss by just one number (oh wait...I am doing that already and it doesnt work either)

1) Have fun :-) (works every time)

Sir Metro

I am Master, Commander and King of my home (until my wife gets home).

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3104 Posts
                              Posted: December 24, 2004, 1:06 am - IP Logged

1. You don't have to play every game or every draw.

2. Stop shooting yourself in the foot playing software picks.

3. Stop being lazy, study the history and build your own combinations.

4. Play all the numbers at least once in Pick-5/6 sets of lines.

5. Don't play large after a Pick-3/4 win chasing another win.

6. Don't brag when doing well that will end it.

7. Don't switch your Pick-3 to what the guy ahead of you in line just bought ten dollars worth of, it never wins.

8. Don't buy a system because you can't figure out how it could work.

9. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

10. Don't be afraid to write your lottery and tell them what kind of game and prizes you'd prefer they offer.

11. Think about how you'll deal with the money before you win.

12.  Start a list of good works, charities, etc. you'll donate to after you win big before the scammers swarm your doorstep. 

BobP