Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

ball drawings vs. computer drawings

Topic closed. 69 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink

would you still play if your state switched from balls to computers

yes [ 14 ]  [29.17%]
no [ 22 ]  [45.83%]
maybe [ 12 ]  [25.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 48 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
Tennessee
United States
Member #7853
October 15, 2004
11338 Posts
Posted: December 25, 2004, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

would you still play if your state switched from balls to computer drawings?

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
    USA
    United States
    Member #8242
    October 29, 2004
    1133 Posts
    Posted: December 25, 2004, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure. I realize a lot of people are against computerized drawings. But I'm new to this issue. Before I make a definate say, I want to inspect both sides. The one thing I have read is usually people chase hot numbers, and that with computerized drawings, people will be chasing cold numbers. I have no idea. That's just what I read. If anyone has more on that, please expand upon it. Thank you.

PS. How many states in the USA hold computerized drawings now... and what about internationally?

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20108 Posts
      Posted: December 25, 2004, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

i would definately stop playing if N.J. switched. there is no parity between ball drawings and computorized drawings. look at louisianna, and wisconson, they're definately good examples on the computorized side.it takes all the math work out of the game...!!!  totally against computorized drawings..

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
        Mid-Missouri
        United States
        Member #644
        August 31, 2002
        4271 Posts
        Posted: December 25, 2004, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Here is the latest list that I am aware of.

California, Lotto-Quebec, Kansas, Delaware, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, South Dakota, Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Nebraska and Wisconsin have already converted from traditional drawing machines to computers and random number generation for all or part of their on-line game drawings.

Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1610
          June 3, 2003
          668 Posts
          Posted: December 25, 2004, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

i can say that the last pick-3 ticket i bought was the day prior to learning that my state had gone to computerized drawings. since then i've stayed mainly with the old faithful powerball and also getting hotlotto tickets just across the border in minn and iowa. i'd like to occasionally get back into my state games of pick-3 and 4, but as crazy as it may sound, i'm just not ready to accept the rng computer draws ... yet. maybe in time.

... the lottery never fails to surprise!
            Justin's avatar - hatchap
            Stevens Point
            United States
            Member #6457
            August 24, 2004
            3030 Posts
            Posted: December 25, 2004, 11:10 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by golotto on December 25, 2004

i can say that the last pick-3 ticket i bought was the day prior to learning that my state had gone to computerized drawings. since then i've stayed mainly with the old faithful powerball and also getting hotlotto tickets just across the border in minn and iowa. i'd like to occasionally get back into my state games of pick-3 and 4, but as crazy as it may sound, i'm just not ready to accept the rng computer draws ... yet. maybe in time.

wisconsin is a hundred times easier now

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

United States
              Member #9842
              December 24, 2004
              20 Posts
              Posted: December 26, 2004, 12:06 am - IP Logged

Well I'm only a kid i'm 19 and i've only actually been able to play the lottery for about a year and a half.....So i can't really say that i would or wouldn't play.....i'm not sure if anyone outside of CT and RI has KENO or not but thats all computerized and i don't know to many who've hit big on that...........so i don't know i suppose i might still play a number or two but wouldn't chase much

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3102 Posts
                Posted: December 26, 2004, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Lucky for me Florida still holds honest drawings.  If they went to faking the draw in a computer I might still play, but I would buy fewer tickets I'd generate randomly and stop trying to track and predict a foundationless game.  BobP

Please read . . .

http://www.lotto-logix.com/weasels.html

United States
                  Member #9879
                  December 26, 2004
                  8 Posts
                  Posted: December 26, 2004, 6:14 am - IP Logged

i read the second part of thelogix site and this guy is saying that you cant predict numbers from a rng unit cause its too random?

so is this peron stating that if its not rng unit its not random? this is what i understand. that if its not rng you can predict easier cause of the nonrandomness?

ii dont understand. maybe he needs to rewrite rhis script.

because if he cant predict numbers from a rng machine cause its too random for him, but he prefers a ball drawing cause its easier to predict cause its not random? but he thinks they will bait the rng unit with numbers to falsify the drawings?

this would mean he shouldnt trust either of them. or she whoever whatever

United States
                    Member #10438
                    January 13, 2005
                    431 Posts
                    Posted: January 24, 2005, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

I DON'T PLAY KENO  IF THEY went to pc on the numbers i would have to bail  i like the ol ball n chute

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                      Member #2338
                      September 17, 2003
                      2063 Posts
                      Posted: January 24, 2005, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

It's all about accountability. Players want to know that the drawing is random and not tampered with. The best way states can do that is have televised drawings of balls. They could also post televised drawings on their website if they don't have it broadcast on public access channel.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                        FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: January 24, 2005, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

The key to the question is that your numbers come from a computer that is tied into the state's computer system whether you pick your own numbers or quick picks.

Look at the daily payoffs in IN and compare them to "ping pong ball" states to verify this on your own.

It is a conflict of interests and takes away from the supposed "honesty" of the game and I will stop playing in IL if this happens and give my revenue to instead.....too bad because our revenue goes to our state's education budget, so our kids are the losers here.

It should be outlawed...it is a disgraceful slap on the public's faces to run a lottery this way.

My vote was an EMPHATIC "NO"

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

undress's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                          roseville, MI
                          United States
                          Member #5980
                          July 30, 2004
                          18205 Posts
                          Posted: January 24, 2005, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

I agree Rick

Mad ALL IN!Mad

United States
                            Member #60
                            October 28, 2001
                            455 Posts
                            Posted: January 24, 2005, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

Yes! I will continue to play regardless of ball drawings or generated drawings.

That's one Boogieman I am not afraid of. Have it ever occured to any of you, that maybe, the lottery's know their limitations?

I say the bigger fear is on their part. That fear is when you learn their limitations.

I'll say it again: You are that Boogieman. That is when you're ready to step up and become one.

lottoscorp ...

konane's avatar - wallace
                              Atlanta, GA
                              United States
                              Member #1265
                              March 13, 2003
                              3333 Posts
                              Posted: January 24, 2005, 4:51 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by Rick G on January 24, 2005

The key to the question is that your numbers come from a computer that is tied into the state's computer system whether you pick your own numbers or quick picks.

Look at the daily payoffs in IN and compare them to "ping pong ball" states to verify this on your own.

It is a conflict of interests and takes away from the supposed "honesty" of the game and I will stop playing in IL if this happens and give my revenue to instead.....too bad because our revenue goes to our state's education budget, so our kids are the losers here.

It should be outlawed...it is a disgraceful slap on the public's faces to run a lottery this way.

My vote was an EMPHATIC "NO"

Will send my discretionary lottery money out of GA to friends or relatives in a state which has ball draws.

Double emphatic "NO"

Good luck to everyone!