Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For those who want to win big!!

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 12 years ago by lottaloot.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23348 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2004, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Lottaloot:

On the topic of free advertising, I know we've covered this before, but I think it bears repeating.  I know your intentions are not to advertise, and you are a great member here, so there are no hard feelings.

The term "advertising" on the Internet basically means "link".  On a different media, like TV, an advertisement is a "mention", and they are very valuable.  On the Internet, a link serves the same purpose, and they are valuable.

The few advertisers I have here pay money to have their links appear.  Someone who pays to display their link gets upset if other web sites get to have their links here for free.  Thus, the policy of no free links makes everyone happy.

I do bend the rules and generally allow one link to another site, if it is relevant, and if the site is not a scam, and if the site is of value to our membership.

I did in fact bend the rules for TomCat's website, and his link has been posted here before, so I think I have been very fair.

At this point, if there's some valuable discussion at TomCat's web site that would be of interest to members here, then just discuss the topic here, rather than posting a link.  Then, at the bottom of your message say something like "I got this idea from TomCat's web site" or something like that (so that TomCat gets credit), but no link.

By doing so, you have given credit, and anyone who wants to find TomCat's website can PM you and you can provide the link to them without breaking rules.

Does it seem like I get too crazy about this stuff?  It's possible, but so far this policy has kept things relatively spam-free here, and a standard set of operating rules makes everyone happy in the end.

Like I said, I really like the fact that you're here, and I really enjoy our discussions, so please don't be offended or put-off.  If you have any concerns at all about anything, feel free to reply or send me a PM.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ga.
    United States
    Member #7829
    October 14, 2004
    614 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2004, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Well said todd.....I think you have spelled out things rather well and avoided hurting anyones feelings...which I am sure were your intentions...I have no stake in this whatsoever, but since I have seen tomcats site mentioned here a few times,I think he is getting plenty of "free" advertisement one way or another...I think my only question here is:...If you can predict the numbers so well (Tomcats site) why do you need to sell them...could'nt you make all the money you need just hitting numbers...Kinda confuses me...and if the reply is that you need funds to operate,well there are free sites in which you can simply just post your numbers...I would think the praise from his viewiers along with the money he makes off his hits would be plenty...

GracieGirl

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
      Clarkston, Michigan
      United States
      Member #76
      January 6, 2002
      8528 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2004, 11:47 am - IP Logged

My thoughts exactly, Gracie!!!

Sandy

getfashions's avatar - talina mcrow.png
        GA USA
        United States
        Member #3977
        March 9, 2004
        364 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2004, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Is there a full moon lurking somewhere? 

Nothing like understanding!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you! ---Golden Rule

Kindness goes a long way.

Take it all the way to the bank!!!

lottaloot's avatar - AvatarZ56
          Redford/MI
          United States
          Member #3396
          January 18, 2004
          4867 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2004, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Thank Todd. 

It's doesn't seem you get too crazy about this stuff.  Also,  I am not offended your rules.  I can accept posting at the bottom of my message  "I got this idea from TomCat's web site"(so that TomCat gets credit) without "breaking " your rules.

Happy New Year Everyone.  http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/103969?q=lottaloot

L ttaL   T