Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Reduction Methods

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #1340
April 6, 2003
2450 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2005, 11:33 am - IP Logged

definitely not something to make you buy more tickets, but something to use as a loose guideline... I still just play one ticket.... still no jackpot.

I use excel for keeping track of the draws, the white balls are separated into separate columns so it is easy to check observed ranges at a glance. I have the same type of sheet for the 6/49 Match6 (for kicks, I don't play it tho, doing my part to protest PA low jackpot $2 tickets...) and it is the same thing, the draw history when sorted has a defined observed range for each position. My biggest file is for the PA cash5 (5/39).

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Canada
    Member #6394
    August 21, 2004
    97 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2005, 10:05 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by hypersoniq on January 16, 2005

I still just play one ticket....

Wow , you are a really optimistic person Hypersoniq. Im looking presently for a good system containing more than one combination, since for a good win in my opinion playing just one line someone gotta count on a sparkling lucky star , and my lucky star is not that colorful for some period of time&however, I love it since it is probably a bit more lazy  than usually..

United States
      Member #10438
      January 13, 2005
      431 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2005, 10:57 am - IP Logged

take 30 draws take each number put a dash mark // next to it  then measure  take some of the shortest some of the longest and some average and mixn match em

/////

////////

////

/

////////////

/

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #1340
        April 6, 2003
        2450 Posts
        Posted: January 23, 2005, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

The way I see it, lady luck isn't on my side... I would probably lose anyway, so I am happier being in the game with one ticket and spending $2 (for the power play) than to be holding a fistful of losers.

In this way my hobby only sets me back a maximum of $208 a year... and I do occasionally match 3 or the pb and 1 or 2, keeps it interesting.

If I do win I generally add another line or 2 the next draw. one shot, done... that's the plan. If I were to play pick 3 (which I don't) I would play a few different numbers because there are only 1,000 combos... but with over 127,000,000 in the PB... $2 or $20 or $200 doesn't make much of an impact so I choose $2 ;-)

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: January 23, 2005, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

White Ball 1:::  low=1  high=32 ::: eliminate 33-49
          White Ball 2:::  low=2  high=45 ::: eliminate 46-50
          White Ball 3:::  low=6  high=50 ::: eliminate 3-5 and 51
          White Ball 4:::  low=8  high=52 ::: eliminate 4-7
          White Ball 5:::  low=10 high=53 ::: eliminate 5-9

If you see that the game has too many balls and so therefore is very hard to make good reductions, or that with your present reduction methods you can't reduce your picks enough and if you also know that no matter what you do, that you are not going to get the top jackpot prize for that particular game, then I think that it might be best to play a jackpot game that has fewer balls and better chances (chances are WIND) like the cash 5 (pick 5) game.

I might be wrong, but I think that "on the average" even on that  particular jackpot game, that you can  or should be able to do much better than on the example above.

I have already done the above for the Texas cash 5 game 5/37, but I will not put it here or tell people about it, It does reduce a lot, but of course by itself is not good enough, several reduction methods must be used for meaningfull reduction.

Filter(s) reduction(s) and statistics are tied together, you can't just make any reductions anyway that you want, the reduction methods must be statisticaly sound, the averages, medians and bound limits must be found and used and "filters" must be found and or developed (the main thing).

But filters for any lottery game are best used just for reducing the combos produced by some prediction method(s) and not as a means of getting the winning number just by themselves (with only filters).

Anyhow as always this is just my opinion.

Good Luck.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
            USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: January 23, 2005, 8:50 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by SirMetro on January 11, 2005

Reduction method<===>it's what happens to my wallet whenever I play the lottery.

Best laugh I had all day!