Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotteries Using Identical Game Styles.

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Are you getting sick of lotteries using the same game style for each instant game?

Yes. [ 11 ]  [61.11%]
No. [ 7 ]  [38.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
Florence, Alabama
United States
Member #8658
November 13, 2004
1993 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2005, 1:23 am - IP Logged

That's my only complaint about it too. It should be either $50,000 or $75,000.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2005, 2:22 am - IP Logged

i do like how the 8 numbers you pick are from separate matrices.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2005, 2:46 am - IP Logged

here's another idea.

what if there was an instant game based on "sorry" or "chutes and ladders"?

or

what id there was a game based on golf? your score depends on how well you do. the fewer strokes, the more you win.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
        Member #11039
        February 3, 2005
        1 Posts
        Posted: February 3, 2005, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Here in St.Louis Missouri, the best scratch off game is Winter Blizzard. I always...well most of the time...win either free tickets of cash. I won $38 on it once.. Thats the highest I've ever won. But...many scratch off games are just rip offs of your $1. But it's so addictive and it's hard to pass a machine when your holding that dollar in your hand...those SOBs..

ONEDAY's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
          OHIO
          United States
          Member #5328
          June 30, 2004
          1284 Posts
          Posted: February 3, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by qutgnt on January 24, 2005

The state lotteries wont accept these games. You need to pitch them to the makers of the instant tickets. And trust me they wont pay you for the ideas when they have their own "creative minds" getting paid.

have a great winning day!

FL
            United States
            Member #11275
            February 9, 2005
            15 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2005, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Alot of times, those "play styles" are re-used because it makes it easier for the majority of players out there.  If you used a "legend" play style (as you suggested in your baseball and bowling games) you can make it difficult for some players to figure out what they have won.  You'd be amazed how many peeps complain about not being able to tell if they won $5 or $100.  Also, sports games are niche games that are aimed at certain peeps where a cash themed games will be played by everyone.  The comment about steriods in baseball is a perfect example of the negative aspects that can surround a "baseball game".

Also, when it comes to games like "chutes n ladders" or "sorry", you have to pay a trademark fee in order to use those games.  Sooo, that means there is less money in that game to win because the fee is sometimes taken out of the prize structure for that game.  Most players like to keep ALL that moo-la in there to win, regardless if it shows a picture of a board game.

That's the main reason you will see repetitive play styles and game themes that play more to the majority...

new york
              United States
              Member #1454
              May 3, 2003
              355 Posts
              Posted: February 14, 2005, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I hate the ones where there is no "game" to it..... you just scratch off a square box & see if you have won

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                Mcminnville, Oregon
                United States
                Member #3013
                December 13, 2003
                3047 Posts
                Posted: February 14, 2005, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I know in oregon they have 5 dollar scratchers to themes: one is anything about "las vegas" and the other is the number 7.  Examples are : hot vegas nights, vegas nights, super 7's, blazing 7's, diamond spectacular 7's.  It would be nice for the game makers to make different games instead of thinking that the public can't handle different games.  I always like to try the new games that come out every month but some of them do suck. 

Yinzer Country, PA
                  United States
                  Member #4067
                  March 18, 2004
                  2741 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2005, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

every state does something along those lines. there will be a game that was a favorite among players that once the final top prize has been won, they end sales of the game, but they will bring the game back with a different format, or they wil keep issuing tickets for that game. think about how many win for life games PA has introduced, or how many cash explosions ohio has introduced.