Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gail Howards books

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Greg.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #10201
January 5, 2005
17 Posts
Posted: January 18, 2005, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Has anyone read any of Gail Howards books, and what do you think about them.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: January 18, 2005, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

There is some good info, but she over-hypes everything, so you need to take it with a grain of salt.  Her books are mainly geared towards those who want to believe everything she says.

Personally, I like books that are more factual, and lighter on the editorial content.  For example, my favorite book of wheels is Iliya Bluskov's Combinatorial Lottery Systems Wheels with Guaranteed Wins.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3102 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2005, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

I have several of the Gail Howard books and would say the provide a good leg up for people new to playing the lottery. 

There is no step by step method/system provided that works to give you a steady series of wins leading to a jackpot.  The charting is just that and the same as what the software does only without providing predictions as the software does which may be better because the software predictions aren't any better then random selection. i.e. the chart puts up 24 of the 49 numbers as predicted and usually gets 2,3,or4 correct all 6 very rare and wheeling 24 numbers is expensive just to guarantee 3# prizes.  The Smart Picks combine multiple charts with adjustable weights, odds of getting this right is a lottery all by itself and the chart combining as often exclude a winning number as agree on one.

Buy'm, read'm, don't expect to learn the secrets of winning the lottery.

BobP

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
        USA
        United States
        Member #8242
        October 29, 2004
        1133 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2005, 7:00 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by JC0279 on January 18, 2005

Has anyone read any of Gail Howards books, and what do you think about them.

I have her Lottery Master Guide, and am going to purchase her Advantage Plus software. So far her techniques have gotten me much closer to the pattern of the winning numbers, than when I did not use any system. It's remarkable in my opinion. From that I know her techniques are helping. I actually love her book. The things that make me trust her and her techniques is how simply it's explained (unlike other so-called "guru's"), the fact that she has made "face-to-face" lectures, more than several media interviews on popular shows, and the 74 jackpot winners who have used her techniques (which can be verified), and last her past employment helps too. She is also the pioneer through which others have tried to copy her work.

The one thing I caught is she downplays the Quick-Pick information (for NY Lotto at least; I can't speak for other locations), most likely a business decision to have more people buy her wheeling systems.

I may never win, but I would still stand by her techniques. I figure it this way: Her techniques definately do help get you on track; the other factor is luck. So when I'm done picking the numbers I feel are due, I rely on Lady Luck to pull those numbers through

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: January 18, 2005, 10:41 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on January 18, 2005

The one thing I caught is she downplays the Quick-Pick information (for NY Lotto at least; I can't speak for other locations), most likely a business decision to have more people buy her wheeling systems.

Who caught that?

USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: January 18, 2005, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

Todd, I don't understand.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23260 Posts
              Posted: January 18, 2005, 11:39 pm - IP Logged

Just hinting about how I had pointed it out before anyone else here.

Here's the thread in which we discussed this topic:

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/104834.htm

Follow the discussion, and see how I first debunked her theory, and then even pointed out in her book how she overhyped the Quick Picks thing, and was really deceptive.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8360 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2005, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

I haven't bought any of her book but i have checked everything on her website. I like her ideas about pick 5 games and used some of her examples and they were making me some money. The main problem is unless your going after one thing like mega, powerball. or match five games. You have to be able to afford to play all the different wheels and that can get expensive. However the ultimate goal is to win the game so it could be money well spent.

USA
                  United States
                  Member #8242
                  October 29, 2004
                  1133 Posts
                  Posted: January 18, 2005, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Ok you get due credit also Todd. I was merely speaking of her quick-pick info in Lottery Master Guide, for NY Lotto that I caught by emailing www.nylottery.org. That is the info I PM'd you about recently.

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
                    Houston, TX
                    United States
                    Member #9841
                    December 23, 2004
                    236 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2005, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

I have the Lottery Master Guide and I bought her software.  I believe that it can work.  It shows u how to significantly reduce the odds.  The lottery master guide is fun to read anyway though.  I think it would be more fun if u had more than one person analyzing numbers with u.

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
                      Houston, TX
                      United States
                      Member #9841
                      December 23, 2004
                      236 Posts
                      Posted: January 21, 2005, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

oh yes, i forgot about the wheels.  They can get very expensive. 

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: January 21, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, I bought a brand new Ford Focus in November, if you want to know about expensive wheels.

USA
                          United States
                          Member #8242
                          October 29, 2004
                          1133 Posts
                          Posted: January 21, 2005, 5:46 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by Annual Payments on January 21, 2005

I think it would be more fun if u had more than one person analyzing numbers with u.

Most definately!

I also trust her because I have not read anywhere in her book, of her saying her book is the best. Nor do I see her mentioning names of other rivals, as some of her rivals have done. I do not have to explain what that means.

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23260 Posts
                            Posted: January 21, 2005, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

For some reason a few people have recently gotten on a big Gail Howard kick lately.  Are you associated with her in any way?  It seems very strange.

Also strange is your statement that she doesn't say her book is the best.  Well, I have her book, and it's filled with self-promotion.  In fact, it has chapters filled with nothing but ads for her other books and software.  Literally ads, including prices and such.

There is nothing magical in Gail Howard's books.  They have some common-sense things in there, as well as some wheels.

I would imagine that more people have won using her systems than anyone else's, simply because she is the biggest-selling lottery author, not because her systems magically guarantee people a win.  (Just like most people win with Quick Picks because most people play Quick Picks.)

The reason for she's the biggest-selling lottery author is (a) she writes in a style that's easy to understand, and (b) she's the best self-promoter out there.

She has some good wheels, but there are better wheels out there.  Actually, I find the majority of her wheels to have too many combinations for my tastes, and I prefer wheels that narrow down the selections further than hers.  For example, in her Powerball and Mega Millions books, I would say at least one-third of the wheels have greater than 100 tickets required.

Chief Bottle Washer
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #1
                              May 31, 2000
                              23260 Posts
                              Posted: January 21, 2005, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Maverick,

The "best" wheels are going to be on Lottery Post soon!  

OK, I'm holding my copy of Howard's Lotto Winning Wheels for Powerball and Mega Millions right now.  The ads start on page 38.  That's right, on page 38 out of 283 pages.  Starting at that point there are 11 separate sections of advertisements (running through page 59).  Then, the last four pages of the book have a bunch of order forms for buying all her stuff.  Also, the book is sprinkled, practically on every page, with tidbits about how she did this great thing and how she did that.

Look, I'm not trying to start something here, but I think it's important to realize that when you separate all the hyperbole from the actual content, there is some good reading material, but nothing magical.

As for books that claim to have the "best" wheels, that is actually something that can be proven.  When minimizing the number of tickets that have to be played for a particular wheel, there is really a way to make it mathematically minimal.  In that sense, it is absolutely possible for someone to claim the "best" wheel for a particular guarantee.  I have no problem with someone claiming to be the best, when it can be proven mathematically.

With all this stuff, my goal is to make everyone aware of what's what with all these books.  I don't begrudge any author their due; it's just important to know that no one has a magic bullet.  Don't expect to buy a lottery book and then win a jackpot next week.