Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Pigskin Challenge for 01-19-05

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 12 years ago by kbcherokee.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
plnwebguy's avatar - binary

United States
Member #3680
February 11, 2004
187 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2005, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

kbcherokee -

That is interesting.  I know on some of the other challenges we had all 5 numbers covered between us as well, but I'm not sure how many total numbers were in those picks.  Have you gone back and analyzed any of the other challenges in the past couple of weeks?

plnwebguy

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
    Virginia
    United States
    Member #1712
    June 20, 2003
    1549 Posts
    Posted: January 20, 2005, 2:42 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by plnwebguy on January 20, 2005

kbcherokee -

That is interesting.  I know on some of the other challenges we had all 5 numbers covered between us as well, but I'm not sure how many total numbers were in those picks.  Have you gone back and analyzed any of the other challenges in the past couple of weeks?

plnwebguy

plnwebguy:

No, I didn't. I was just playin' around just wanted to try it on this particular game and see where it would put me, and I was astonished...

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20249 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2005, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

well chief, if we would have pooled everyones numbers, you're right we would be sitting pretty now...! we ought to start a pool?

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Lee's Summit, Mo.
        United States
        Member #6519
        August 26, 2004
        192 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2005, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Chief...you've gottum to hunker down in your tepee and figure out how you can refilter your numbers to eliminate a few more numbers so as to reduce the number of lines.  Or maybe another challenger can help you refilter down the numbers.  I think I can figure out a couple of numbers without too much trouble.  How about some recommendations from the other challengers.  Any serious suggestion might help.

As for the PB I walk around all day long, day after day, muttering...

They seek it here, they seek it there

The challengers seek it everyone.

Is it in heaven, or in hell

That damn elusive powerbell.

Poetic license taken for the spelling of powerball...for rhyming purposes only.

Virginia
          United States
          Member #1712
          June 20, 2003
          1549 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2005, 5:40 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by MADDOG10 on January 20, 2005

well chief, if we would have pooled everyones numbers, you're right we would be sitting pretty now...! we ought to start a pool?

maddog10:

Maybe you're right... Maybe we should.

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

Greenwich, CT
            United States
            Member #4793
            May 24, 2004
            1822 Posts
            Posted: January 20, 2005, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

How would it work?  Who would get paid what amounts?

Virginia
              United States
              Member #1712
              June 20, 2003
              1549 Posts
              Posted: January 20, 2005, 9:43 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by JAG331 on January 20, 2005

How would it work?  Who would get paid what amounts?

Friends,

It's a nice thought but very unlikely because of all the Legal reasons... And, all of us living so far apart...

Chief

Greenwich, CT
                United States
                Member #4793
                May 24, 2004
                1822 Posts
                Posted: January 20, 2005, 9:56 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on January 20, 2005

Friends,

It's a nice thought but very unlikely because of all the Legal reasons... And, all of us living so far apart...

Chief

Very true.  Maybe, if one of us wins using an analysis of the Pigskin Challenge, then that person may choose to distribute $1 million here and there to the Challengers .  Or they may wish to keep it all.  I think either way is acceptable.

When I post my numbers for the Pigskin Challenge, it's for fun.  If someone uses my numbers to win, that person doesn't owe me a dime.  Although I wouldn't turn down some of the loot if it was offered, hehe!

Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #1712
                  June 20, 2003
                  1549 Posts
                  Posted: January 20, 2005, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Tso-gali-I

Share and share alike...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19904 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2005, 2:51 am - IP Logged

Friends,

It's a nice thought but very unlikely

Chief

Sharing you thoughts is not the same as sharing your winnings.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Virginia
                      United States
                      Member #1712
                      June 20, 2003
                      1549 Posts
                      Posted: January 21, 2005, 8:12 am - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on January 21, 2005

Friends,

It's a nice thought but very unlikely

Chief

Sharing you thoughts is not the same as sharing your winnings.

RJOh

"Riches do not consist in the possessions of treasures but in the use made of them."

Chief

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                        United States
                        Member #6519
                        August 26, 2004
                        192 Posts
                        Posted: January 21, 2005, 10:42 am - IP Logged

I would propose that if the challenge members feel one of the players is on to something and decides to participate,we decide how many tickets would be played.  If someone hits $100 Gs or more, the ticket holder keeps 25%, the players whose system is being used gets 25% and the rest of the players split the remaining 50%.  Are we honorable people are not.  Of course greed runs rampant but there shouldn't be a problem with just a few players.  Each player would state he would honor the split, and he would have to post the combos he is playing before the drawing.  If someone hits and fails to honor the agreement, I'd be willing to toss in $100 bucks or so to get a lawyer to restrain the lottery administrator freom paying the jackpot if everyone else did.  The fact is this...and it is a fact...no one is going to hit the jackpot on his own unless he plays a lot of tickets for each drawing, and I doubt if anyone on this board is going to play a bunch of tickets for each drawing.  Its going to take a group and hopefully thewre are some honorable folks on this post.

Virginia
                          United States
                          Member #1712
                          June 20, 2003
                          1549 Posts
                          Posted: January 21, 2005, 11:32 am - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by pigskin on January 21, 2005

I would propose that if the challenge members feel one of the players is on to something and decides to participate,we decide how many tickets would be played.  If someone hits $100 Gs or more, the ticket holder keeps 25%, the players whose system is being used gets 25% and the rest of the players split the remaining 50%.  Are we honorable people are not.  Of course greed runs rampant but there shouldn't be a problem with just a few players.  Each player would state he would honor the split, and he would have to post the combos he is playing before the drawing.  If someone hits and fails to honor the agreement, I'd be willing to toss in $100 bucks or so to get a lawyer to restrain the lottery administrator freom paying the jackpot if everyone else did.  The fact is this...and it is a fact...no one is going to hit the jackpot on his own unless he plays a lot of tickets for each drawing, and I doubt if anyone on this board is going to play a bunch of tickets for each drawing.  Its going to take a group and hopefully thewre are some honorable folks on this post.

pigskin:

I already play with two of my good friends here and we each put in $10 for every game. I "Wheel" 30+ combinations each game wheather it's MM or PB, depending on the size of the POT. I know the "system" I use is nowhere's near being perfected yet. Although I do come very close at times, I still have a long way to go to be really sure of what I have. It is promising though.

I still see lot's of legalities here if we were to all agree on a method to use to share some of the winnings over a certain amount. I just don't see that happening... 

I think that if someyone wins a "hefty" amount and wishes to contribute a "sizeable" amount to the ones he was in with on his or her pridictions, I think that would be an most "Honerable" thing to do.

My opinion...

Chief

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19904 Posts
                            Posted: January 21, 2005, 2:41 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on January 21, 2005

I already play with two of my good friends here and we each put in $10 for every game. I "Wheel" 30+ combinations each game wheather it's MM or PB, depending on the size of the POT. I know the "system" I use is nowhere's near being perfected yet. Although I do come very close at times, I still have a long way to go to be really sure of what I have. It is promising though.

Chief

Chief,

30 lines or so is a decent amount to play if you can afford it.  If your system is any good at all, you can only have so many lines that don't have a match3 or a bonus number most of the time.  I usually generate 30-40 lines and only play the first ten and sometimes wished I had played all of them and once in a while I play all of them and wished I had just played the first 10, it all depend on how I feel.

That's the nice thing about Lottery Post, you can kick around some good ideas that might make some money sometimes but you don't have to invest any money and if someone take one of those ideas, run with it and make some money, they gets the money and you still get the bragging rights, that part of the fun of posting and predicting numbers.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Virginia
                              United States
                              Member #1712
                              June 20, 2003
                              1549 Posts
                              Posted: January 21, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on January 21, 2005

Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on January 21, 2005

Chief

Chief,

30 lines or so is a decent amount to play if you can afford it.  If your system is any good at all, you can only have so many lines that don't have a match3 or a bonus number most of the time.  I usually generate 30-40 lines and only play the first ten and sometimes wished I had played all of them and once in a while I play all of them and wished I had just played the first 10, it all depend on how I feel.

That's the nice thing about Lottery Post, you can kick around some good ideas that might make some money sometimes but you don't have to invest any money and if someone take one of those ideas, run with it and make some money, they gets the money and you still get the bragging rights, that part of the fun of posting and predicting numbers.

RJOh

RJOH:

I totally agree with what your saying... I have always been amused with number's. I guess I got that from my Father. he was always good at things like this.

Your right too about the "fun" part, besides being challenging, it keeps a persons mind working. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of a sound sleep and I'll be thinking of a combination or a set of number's. Figure that one out...

A lot of years ago now, at the time I was living and working in and around Rochester but living in the Albany area and one of my friends gave me a "surprise" Birthday party one weekend. Being the avid player of Lotto that I am, I had all my tickets filled out, ($42) and with the surprise party and all, I forgot to play. You guessed it. I had all six number's for that Saturday's drawing. The Pot was $18M and no one won it either... Needless to say, I was a sick puppie for a long time after reading the Sunday Newspaper the next morning.

So much for that. Good luck with your number's.

Chief