Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gail Howard??

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia City, Indiana
United States
Member #2978
December 9, 2003
381 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2005, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

To all members:

I would NOT recommend posting any copyrighted material on this site without first obtaining written permission from the author. Copyright infringement charges can be very expensive and time-consuming for both parties. In this case, though, they won't prosecute the anonymous author of the post; they'll come after Todd.

I have never been refused permission to reprint or republish anything I've requested, provided I credit the original author somewhere in the text.

It really doesn't take that long to whip off an email to the original author's publicist. Just write a short note explaining what you intend to write, where it will appear and what, specifically, you'd like to use. I'm sure Gail Howard's people would be quite pleased to have her products promoted on LotteryPost.com, but we must remember that she makes her living selling that material. Asking for permission to republish it here is more than just common courtesy, it's the law. Once you have your reply, DON'T LOSE IT. Keep it in your Drafts folder. I print out hard copies and keep them in a file cabinet next to my desk.

It's been said that forgiveness is easier to obtain than permission but, in cases of copyrighted works, the opposite is true.  

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23261 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2005, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings