Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

10 Second Prizes in Washington

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 12 years ago by biglooooser.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2005, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

How much do you want to be that 9 or more of the 10 all belong to the same person!  With the numbers that came out I highly doubt that there were 10 seperate winners.

Brad

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

That strategy would not work in Quinto (5/52).

Bancroft, MI
      United States
      Member #3070
      December 20, 2003
      1 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

looks like you were right bradly_60

SEATTLE MAN WINS $175,000 PRIZE - TEN TIMES! A love of numbers and sophisticated strategy win$1.75 million in Mega Millions prizes
      (Olympia)-For Archie Herring playing Mega Millions is an intellectual exercise. It`s an exercise that paid off with a $1.75 million dollar win-ten $175,000 wins to be exact. The five numbers selected by Herring ten times matched the numbers drawn in Tuesday night`s drawing but he didn`t pick the correct Mega Ball number. The result? Ten, $175,000 second-tier jackpots, one for each play. For Herring his love of numbers and playing the Lottery has nothing to do with big jackpots. "I just enjoy playing!" the new millionaire said. Herring always purchases five plays but will sometimes increase that number to 10 or more depending on the jackpot amount. He was just a Mega Ball number away from a piece of the huge $130 million jackpot, but the near miss didn`t dampen Herring`s spirit. "I would have liked to have won the big jackpot but I`m very happy about this."

Herring purchased two Mega Millions tickets with five plays on each ticket for Tuesday night`s drawing. The unusual thing about the tickets is that the five numbers were the same for each play but the Mega Ball was different. Why would someone play the same five numbers ten times? It`s all strategy. Herring tracks the Mega Millions numbers, analyzes them and plays numbers he thinks will come up next. Once the five numbers are selected, he picks
      various Mega Ball numbers in hopes one will match along with the five numbers.

Herring discovered his system paid off Wednesday morning when he checked his numbers on-line and on the 1-800 number. While Herring has been playing the Lottery for years, he hadn`t really thought about what he would do with all the money if he won. Thoughtfully considering his newfound fortune Herring said, "I have a 2000 model SUV. I may look at a new SUV." In addition, Herring says he wants to provide ten percent to various churches. Herring says he`ll return to thank the clerk who sold him the ticket at the Promenade Red Apple Store, located at 23rd and Jackson in Seattle. "I don`t know her name, but I just like the way she deals with me. She always hands my playslips and tickets back to me, placing them in my hand. She doesn`t just throw them on the counter," said Herring. Herring says he may also take a trip to Aruba. He plans to continue to play, just for the fun of it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2005, 8:54 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by sseads on January 20, 2005

SEATTLE MAN WINS $175,000 PRIZE - TEN TIMES! A love of numbers and sophisticated strategy win$1.75 million in Mega Millions prizes
        (Olympia)-For Archie Herring playing Mega Millions is an intellectual exercise. It`s an exercise that paid off with a $1.75 million dollar win-ten $175,000 wins to be exact. 

Herring discovered his system paid off Wednesday morning when he checked his numbers on-line and on the 1-800 number. 

It's nice to see someone with a lottery system that actually won some money.

RJOh 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
          Atlantic Mine, Michigan
          United States
          Member #416
          June 23, 2002
          1614 Posts
          Posted: January 20, 2005, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I just saw that release at walottery.com The odds were just to great for that not to be more than 1 person.

Brad

twisted's avatar - underground
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #2376
            September 25, 2003
            582 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2005, 12:33 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by sseads on January 20, 2005

looks like you were right bradly_60

<SPAN class=textblack>SEATTLE MAN WINS $175,000 PRIZE - TEN TIMES! A love of numbers and sophisticated strategy win$1.75 million in Mega Millions prizes

(Olympia)-For Archie Herring playing Mega Millions is an intellectual exercise. It`s an exercise that paid off with a $1.75 million dollar win-ten $175,000 wins to be exact. The five numbers selected by Herring ten times matched the numbers drawn in Tuesday night`s drawing but he didn`t pick the correct Mega Ball number. The result? Ten, $175,000 second-tier jackpots, one for each play. For Herring his love of numbers and playing the Lottery has nothing to do with big jackpots. "I just enjoy playing!" the new millionaire said. Herring always purchases five plays but will sometimes increase that number to 10 or more depending on the jackpot amount. He was just a Mega Ball number away from a piece of the huge $130 million jackpot, but the near miss didn`t dampen Herring`s spirit. "I would have liked to have won the big jackpot but I`m very happy about this."

Herring purchased two Mega Millions tickets with five plays on each ticket for Tuesday night`s drawing. The unusual thing about the tickets is that the five numbers were the same for each play but the Mega Ball was different. Why would someone play the same five numbers ten times? It`s all strategy. Herring tracks the Mega Millions numbers, analyzes them and plays numbers he thinks will come up next. Once the five numbers are selected, he picks

various Mega Ball numbers in hopes one will match along with the five numbers.

Herring discovered his system paid off Wednesday morning when he checked his numbers on-line and on the 1-800 number. While Herring has been playing the Lottery for years, he hadn`t really thought about what he would do with all the money if he won. Thoughtfully considering his newfound fortune Herring said, "I have a 2000 model SUV. I may look at a new SUV." In addition, Herring says he wants to provide ten percent to various churches. Herring says he`ll return to thank the clerk who sold him the ticket at the Promenade Red Apple Store, located at 23rd and Jackson in Seattle. "I don`t know her name, but I just like the way she deals with me. She always hands my playslips and tickets back to me, placing them in my hand. She doesn`t just throw them on the counter," said Herring. Herring says he may also take a trip to Aruba. He plans to continue to play, just for the fun of it. </SPAN>

This gives me some hope. I guess there is some order in the chaos after all. If in the next draw there is a jackpot winner from Washington, we'll know who it is (or there would be a high chance it would be the same person who won using his system.)
              dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
              Member #2338
              September 17, 2003
              2063 Posts
              Posted: January 21, 2005, 1:00 am - IP Logged

Ouch - he should have covered all the mega numbers. Still its nice to see someone win that's not playing quickpicks.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                USA
                United States
                Member #8242
                October 29, 2004
                1133 Posts
                Posted: January 21, 2005, 1:37 am - IP Logged

WOW !!! I just saw that same article at www.megamillions.com. Unbelievable!

Yea dvdiva, imagine just another $42 dollars... and you got that right about this being a non-quick pick ticket... very nice to see that. I'm surprised megamillions.com mentioned it was strategy that helped him win. I wonder if it was Gail Howard's techniques.

starchild_45's avatar - spherewall2
                  kent, washington
                  United States
                  Member #3509
                  January 26, 2004
                  465 Posts
                  Posted: January 21, 2005, 2:41 am - IP Logged

i am glad that washington gets mentioned for this win. i wish it could have been me but that is another story. just remember we have had only one megamillion winner since it began in the state. it needs to come to washington some more and to me in particular.

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
                    Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #1712
                    June 20, 2003
                    1549 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2005, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Tso-gali-I

I have never heard of that kind of strategy before... That's what I call haveing "faith" in you're number's...

I agree with you RJOH, It's good to see some one with a "Syatem" win for a change.

"Chance favors a prepared mind."

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                      Member #91
                      January 19, 2002
                      11929 Posts
                      Posted: January 21, 2005, 9:12 am - IP Logged

Todd, this guy sounds like an LP member, I wonder if he'll pop up on this site.........

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

United States
                        Member #8747
                        November 16, 2004
                        213 Posts
                        Posted: January 21, 2005, 11:02 am - IP Logged

That is my kind of player.

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: January 21, 2005, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

I figured somebody had all 10 tickets...

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                            USA
                            United States
                            Member #8242
                            October 29, 2004
                            1133 Posts
                            Posted: January 21, 2005, 11:09 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on January 21, 2005

Tso-gali-I

I have never heard of that kind of strategy before... That's what I call haveing "faith" in you're number's...

I agree with you RJOH, It's good to see some one with a "Syatem" win for a change.

"Chance favors a prepared mind."

Chief

True faith for sure. No doubt. I would just like to know what he used to get those 5 winning #'s

United States
                              Member #10720
                              January 23, 2005
                              933 Posts
                              Posted: January 23, 2005, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

I joined this forum specifically because of hearing the story from Seattle and I want to help you all maybe try to figure out how those numbers got picked.

I have a system that I use on all the games I play in multiple states. I have won as recently as Tuesday AND Wednesday.. I got 3 of 5 on the Mega on 2 tickets and the bonus on a third ticket. Plus a Pickit on Wednesday. That was FOUR winning tickets in 2 days!!! I have even had a 5 of 5 jackpot but a ridiculously low payout. But for all the time and effort (A YEAR so far) I won't even sell this system because for one thing I change it FREQUENTLY to adjust for new patterns and I don't want everyone playing the same thing because that's why I got ripped off on the 5 because the prize got so divided.

The three numbers 39, 51, and 10, were simply coming out a lot close to the drawing. That's not any secret. There should have been a LOT of 3/5 winners including mine! What is strange is the 23 and 28, there are no programs out there that seem to like those two. As for the bonus ball we don't know what he used, maybe his algo doesn't handle that? It may have been a modified quick pick that picks 3 top numbers and 2 random, or he picked 2 lousy ones on purpose, or to add up to a certain total, or for all we know he plays the top 3 and then his daughters' (or other relatives') ages or birthdays. My system doesn't only consider frequencies, of course.

He's 68 years old. I don't know how good he is with computers so I am guessing his algo is 1. pencil and paper or 2. he bought a system or program or 3. there is some non-statistical (phases of the moon, etc.??) element. It didn't say if this system ever won anything before so it could even be just pure luck that the #s drawn happened to match someone using a system and confident enough to use it 10 times. That is actually a very good strategy because your "2nd prize" is still over a million clear, and maybe being it didn't hit much before he wasn't confident ENOUGH to play all the bonus balls.

But, if I were him, I would be afraid to sell or give out the secret because one thing we DON'T want is 10,000 people hitting the lower-5 because the Lottery at some point is allowed to pay less than $175K if too many people win! i.e. if you had numbers you KNOW are going to win, why just give most of it away to strangers? Or he might just be happy enough with the 1.3 mill. Remember also, once his system gets out EVERYONE will end up with it and using it, meaning just make YOURS the best it can be and YOURS only.