Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Instant Game Prices.

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 12 years ago by JimmySand9.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: January 28, 2005, 1:21 am - IP Logged

States are starting to raise the ticket prices. There is even a rumor that one state plans on eliminating the $1 instant ticket. Recently, TX has started offering a $30 instant game. It is not the first $30 instant game in the nation. CT and KY supposedly offer $30 games. NH is about to raise the maximum price of instant tickets to $20 or $25 (One of those two. It's still going through the legislature). What we need to do is boycott the higher priced tickets. An easy way to do so is only purchase tickets that are priced in the single digits ($1, $2, $3, $5, and in the case of NJ, $4. Yes they do offer a $4 ticket. It's one of those that you have to log onto the web to find out if you've won anything.). States are being too greesy, and assume that if they raise the ticket prices, they will see more revenue. LET'S PROVE THEM WRONG!!! Let's show them that higher ticket prices do not mean higher revenues.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: January 28, 2005, 11:17 am - IP Logged

dr:

NY's $10 tickets and some of the $5s are annuity-only.

Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: January 28, 2005, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

i'm not focused on the prize amounts, even though $250,000 is not nearly enough of a top prize for a $20 game.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

FL
        United States
        Member #11275
        February 9, 2005
        15 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2005, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

The reason many states offer instant tickets in the $10, $20, and even $30 range is due to the demand from people and the retailers that sell those games.  Retialers make a higher commission on the higher costing games AND the payouts are always higher in those games, so there are more prizes to be won.  If you enjoy instant tickets, that's GREAT!  Just remember that some of us enjoy a higher priced game that will offer more "higher tier" prizes than a $1 and $2 game do.  Plus, when I buy games at $300 a book I don't want to have to scratch 300 $1 tickets, I much prefer 30 $10 tickets or even 15 $20 tickets.  Too each his own... but I see no reason to "boycott" higher dollar games, it's taken us big spenders a long time to get our point heard of offering higher prizes in bigger games.  The states are not getting greedy, they are just trying to meet our demands... I know I have written enough letters demanding $20 games already.

Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2005, 1:53 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by PS Master on February 9, 2005

The reason many states offer instant tickets in the $10, $20, and even $30 range is due to the demand from people and the retailers that sell those games. Retialers make a higher commission on the higher costing games AND the payouts are always higher in those games, so there are more prizes to be won. If you enjoy instant tickets, that's GREAT! Just remember that some of us enjoy a higher priced game that will offer more "higher tier" prizes than a $1 and $2 game do. Plus, when I buy games at $300 a book I don't want to have to scratch 300 $1 tickets, I much prefer 30 $10 tickets or even 15 $20 tickets. Too each his own... but I see no reason to "boycott" higher dollar games, it's taken us big spenders a long time to get our point heard of offering higher prizes in bigger games. The states are not getting greedy, they are just trying to meet our demands... I know I have written enough letters demanding $20 games already.

dude. like players would really demand an instant game that costs $30 per ticket. think about if you spent $30 on ONE instant ticket and came up empty. wouldn't you be pissed at yourself? i can understand CT's $30 game because for the most part, people who live in CT are pretty well-made, but states like KY and TX. KY is pretty well known for poverty. the only people in KY that a $30 game will help out is the lottery. i remember when $20 games guarenteed a prize on every ticket. you may not have won your money back, but at least you got something. nowadays lotteries are trying to extort as much money from the players as they can by increasing ticket prices and offering huge top prizes that may take away from the lower prizes. you just wait. sooner or later some lottery will come out with a $50 or even $100 game.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
            USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2005, 6:44 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by DoctorEw220 on January 28, 2005

States are being too greesy, and assume that if they raise the ticket prices, they will see more revenue.

I agree. They're preying on our motivation. By raising lottery game prices, they are simply helping to worsen the gambling addicts situation!
              Maverick's avatar - yinyang
              USA
              United States
              Member #8242
              October 29, 2004
              1133 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2005, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

i'm not focused on the prize amounts, even though $250,000 is not nearly enough of a top prize for a $20 game.

I agree. That's peanuts. Even if I won the 1st prize, and won it on the first try, I'd still think they're wrong.

PS. I would really like to see proof of players demanding $20-$30 scratchers.

Yinzer Country, PA
                United States
                Member #4067
                March 18, 2004
                2741 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2005, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

what makes things worse is that the lotteries would guarentee a prize in expensive tickets, and dventually move away from that to make a profit.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                  Mcminnville, Oregon
                  United States
                  Member #3013
                  December 13, 2003
                  3052 Posts
                  Posted: March 3, 2005, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

I only play 1 to 5 dollar games the most and on rare times I will buy 10 dollar games.

Yinzer Country, PA
                    United States
                    Member #4067
                    March 18, 2004
                    2741 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:14 am - IP Logged

i'm fond of $2, $3, and $5 games. occasionally (after a big win), i will play a $10 ticket.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8362 Posts
                      Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:30 am - IP Logged

drew you take all this lottery stuff too seriously. lotterys are in it to make money the hook is to get people to play. They offer prizes in just about every range for every income level. A lot of people who buy scratchers are after a prize. They know when they hand the money to the seller that they might not win and are giving of their dollars to some cause like edgeumication or stadium athority or whatever the scratcher proceeds are for. When they lose they are donating to that cause and know that going in.

Yinzer Country, PA
                        United States
                        Member #4067
                        March 18, 2004
                        2741 Posts
                        Posted: March 5, 2005, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

there's a line that needs to be drawn in terms of how much lotteies should charge per instant ticket, and the lotteries keep crossing that line.

FL
                          United States
                          Member #11275
                          February 9, 2005
                          15 Posts
                          Posted: March 7, 2005, 1:16 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on February 27, 2005

PS. I would really like to see proof of players demanding $20-$30 scratchers.

Look at the sales for the states with higher price point games... Florida has their $20 Gold Rush game and it's their top selling game, has been since it came out.  I think that's "proof" that players want it.  I buy the $20 game by the book, never "one ticket at a time"... so it's made for peeps like me who have no problem dropping $300 on a book of tickets.  That's what the smaller price amounts are for, the players who don't want to spen that much.

United States
                            Member #3676
                            February 10, 2004
                            425 Posts
                            Posted: March 7, 2005, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

YOu guys want everything huh.  Big huge prizes on cheap 2 and 5 buck tickets.  Seriously there is plenty of demand for 20 and 30 buck tickets.  Just cause you play small doesnt mean everyone should.  I prefer to play only the 5 buck and 10 buck games in ILLinois as those are the games with the highest payout % and the games that realistically give me the chance to win a nice prize without amazing odds.  You guys want a million dollar game on a 2 buck ticket, good luck, those odds would be millions to one.  To each their own.  The lottery is a stupid waste of money to begin with but games with the highest payback % are the only ones that should be played.

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: March 7, 2005, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

qutgnt:

Yet so many still accept a 38%-40% payback in NY Lotto.