Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Florida Lottery,with that Jimmy touch

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 12 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2005, 7:44 pm - IP Logged
I like the changes they made this past Monday. They finally gave Play 4 Str/Box & Combo plays. And the new Grouper takes the Fast Easy 5 (WI) and Daily Game Sampler (MO) concept to a new level with the free 6th game. But there are still changes that need to be made. Let's take a look:

Powerball:

If I was Lottery Director, I would beg, plead, and grovel to get Jeb or any next governors to let us join Powerball. Mega Millions hasn't been hurting sales of WA Lotto or NY Lotto (judging by jackpot growth), so why would Powerball hurt the vastly superior Florida Lotto. And when PB gets on a roll, we'll be getting a ton of business from AL & GA.

Lotto:

If and only if Powerball gets on the roster: Lotto will move to Tuesdays & Fridays. Until then, no changes.

Mega Money:

Drawings will now be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Cash 3 & Play 4:

Midday draws will finally be drawn!

Drawings:

One of the glaring problems with the Florida Lottery's drawings is very, very low production values. The picture quality makes it seem like the cameras were bought at a yard sale. And all they can come up with for background is a cheap skyline effect. And to think they looked a lot better in the past. C'mon guys. Here's what I'd do:

• Criterion I machines for Fantasy 5 and Lotto
  • Standard Daily for Cash 3 and Play 4
  • Same Titan machine for Mega Money
  • New Cameras
  • New Flashy Set

And the drawing times would change:

Cash 3 and Play 4 Midday: 12:29 P.M.

Cash 3 and Play 4 Night, Fantasy 5, Mega Money, Lotto: 10:59 P.M.

(insert signature here)

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2005, 12:50 am - IP Logged

i like your idea, but i think FL needs to do a few more things.

1. Lotto jackpot winners should have 60 days after they claim the prize to choose cash or annuity.

2. FL needs a new online game, perhaps something along the lines of keno.

3. Fantasy 5 needs a rolling jackpot. If a single winner of that game can get $200,000 before taxes, think of what a single winner could get after a few rollovers.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3104 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2005, 4:25 am - IP Logged

Except for the prize Powerball is bad, all mega/powerball type games suck.

I could live with a 6/33 game with a 1/16 powerball, where you have a chance to win and the 6/33 game prizes can stand on their own.

A bonus ball or two would be nice, as would two or three tickets for a dollar.

Thank goodness Florida has had the sense not to go for a midday draw.

Grouper is great for the idiots who buy only quick pick sucker plays.

Money for drawing production values has to come out of somewhere, want another 5% taken out of the prize pool for flashy graphics?  WV just spent big bucks for a new web site and can't even post the winning numbers on it, the company deleted their old site so they're stuck.  The only thing that matters is getting the winning numbers to the public in time to play again and the prizes.  BobP

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
        Dump Water Florida
        United States
        Member #380
        June 5, 2002
        3104 Posts
        Posted: February 1, 2005, 4:35 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by DoctorEw220 on February 1, 2005

i like your idea, but i think FL needs to do a few more things.

1. Lotto jackpot winners should have 60 days after they claim the prize to choose cash or annuity.

2. FL needs a new online game, perhaps something along the lines of keno.

3. Fantasy 5 needs a rolling jackpot. If a single winner of that game can get $200,000 before taxes, think of what a single winner could get after a few rollovers.

3. We had Fantasy 5 rolling jackpots, it hardly ever built big enough to get people's attention.  The rolldown is very nice, you hit 4#'s and go to bed wondering if you won $100. or $1,000.  keeps things interesting.

2. It would be great to have a game where we wheel makers and software users could use our skills and win some prizes.  When Florida had the 5/26 I could win a 3# prize every draw but it cost me over twenty a draw to do it and the 4# prize was under $40. so the whole thing stunk if you didn't win a jackpot. 

A game that's evenly divisable would be nice, 6/36 or 5/30 with a bonus ball to help you win.  BobP

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2005, 9:33 am - IP Logged

NY Lotto sales are down at least 31% since 2001, the year before NY joined BG/MM.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
            Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2005, 12:51 am - IP Logged

i like that,the midday draws finally!

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2005, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

FL needs a multi-state game more than midday draws.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                Yinzer Country, PA
                United States
                Member #4067
                March 18, 2004
                2741 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2005, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

they need both really badly though. i'd go with multi-state gaming first,and see if mid-day draws are needed to boost sales.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.