Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Posting Numbers"

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

How many of you think "Cash Only" should Post his Numbers?

Yes [ 18 ]  [50.00%]
No [ 10 ]  [27.78%]
Other: Explain = [ 8 ]  [22.22%]
Total Valid Votes [ 36 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 9 ]  
kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
Virginia
United States
Member #1712
June 20, 2003
1549 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2005, 12:43 pm - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by dvdiva on February 5, 2005

Let's face it if we were good at hitting the numbers then we would have a lot more winners here.
I'm sure cash only is about as good as the rest of us.

dvdiva:

I would probably have to disagree with you on ("if we were good at hitting the numbers") because if someyone in here got that good two or three times in a row, you wouldn't see them again unless they were trying to sell you their system for $, and probably for more than you would want to spend.

It is fun "chasing" the numbers though...

My thought's.

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2005, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I had 4+0 in Mega Millions twice in 2003. But I still won't post my numbers.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
      FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2005, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

CashOnly, I can understand your philosphy of not posting picks for mega jackpot games on a public web site with over 11,000 members.  Why would one want to split a parimutuel jackpot with that many viewers is beyond me.

I always like reading your posts so I hope one day you can sit in the lottery office and declare "Cash Only".

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Morrison, IL
        United States
        Member #4657
        May 13, 2004
        1884 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2005, 8:41 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on February 5, 2005

Even if one does hit a huge jackpot, that doesn't mean diddly squat, unless they can do it again, or close to.

That will never happen
          Maverick's avatar - yinyang
          USA
          United States
          Member #8242
          October 29, 2004
          1133 Posts
          Posted: February 9, 2005, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

Even though I read about 2-3 people who had won significant jackpots twice, I agree with you.

Calscorp's avatar - dnk st
            Bakersfield
            United States
            Member #1568
            May 24, 2003
            421 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2005, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

It's his choice not to post his numbers. He might have to share with too many other people.  I voted no.

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
              Member #5599
              July 13, 2004
              1184 Posts
              Posted: February 10, 2005, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Perhaps more people would be willing to post their numbers here if....number had to be submitted before the draw, but had a delayed posting on this site till after the draw. It would be a nice option in the the predictions section.

Think about it, you've put a lot a work in, you finally hit the big one, and guess what, you have to split it 10 ways because you posted your prediction and other people used it. Hmmmmmmmmm....

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                Member #91
                January 19, 2002
                11927 Posts
                Posted: February 10, 2005, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Jking,

you might be right, about that, but I've been on LP for over 3 years and I've seen alot of numbers posted,  and I usually post mine with the megaball separated,  I've seen maybe a handful of people hit 4 and 1 guy hit five, I myself cant get past 3+0, you would think that the odds of some one copying your numbers and playing them on the off chance that you will hit the jackpot, would be big....I would think that if people were playing my numbers they would be a little dis-illusioned by now!  But I guess i've seen wierder things happen....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19824 Posts
                  Posted: February 10, 2005, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I've posted some of my numbers knowing that someone might play them and I don't mind.  I use to get PMs with sob stories about the monies they lost playing them but those people got smarter and I started posting my numbers closer to the time of the drawings to avoid that.  Now I think I am the only one losing money playing my numbers.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JKING's avatar - Kaleidoscope 3.gif

United States
                    Member #5599
                    July 13, 2004
                    1184 Posts
                    Posted: February 10, 2005, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

fja,RJoh,

In an earilier poll, there was a 3 to 1 margin of people who use the prediction numbers here.

Perhaps the better predictors are scared away by this fact. And lets face it, most of the serious predictors are in it for the the money, not for popularity or ego.

I think my simple fix, posted earlier in this thread, should be made available to all and would bring the better qualified/successful predictors to this site.

Just an opinion.

You are a slave to the choices you have made.  jk

Even a blind squirrel will occasioanlly find an acorn.

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                      Florence, Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #8658
                      November 13, 2004
                      1993 Posts
                      Posted: February 10, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I'm kind of lost, what is it that Cash Only won?

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19824 Posts
                        Posted: February 10, 2005, 4:36 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by JKING on February 10, 2005

Perhaps the better predictors are scared away by this fact. And lets face it, most of the serious predictors are in it for the the money, not for popularity or ego.

Just an opinion.

What would be the point of predicting on this forum if it's not to show off, share ideas or for popularity and bragging rights?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                          USA
                          United States
                          Member #8242
                          October 29, 2004
                          1133 Posts
                          Posted: February 10, 2005, 8:27 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by JKING on February 10, 2005

Perhaps more people would be willing to post their numbers here if....number had to be submitted before the draw, but had a delayed posting on this site till after the draw. It would be a nice option in the the predictions section.

Think about it, you've put a lot a work in, you finally hit the big one, and guess what, you have to split it 10 ways because you posted your prediction and other people used it. Hmmmmmmmmm....

Your idea has merit. About splitting the $$$, I agree. I believe thats the main reason why I hardly dont post numbers. I put A LOT of headwork into each draw. One time while I was charting for numbers, I thought to myself, "Man winning millions of dollars really isn't easy. I continued saying to myself imagine if after all this work, I post my numbers, then 1 or 2 people who just pick numbers outta a hat, easily glide thru LP & play my numbers also, it hits, then instead of receiving $25 million, I only get a third of that cos 2 others played my numbers. Now I'm not that greedy, but the point is HARD WORK. They won on MY HARD WORK. Also to the people who say they wouldnt mind sharing, as long as they get a decent share like 1 million or so, I bet somewhere down the road and on more than one occassion, they will be quietly kicking themselves.

And it doesn't matter how slim the chances of someone playing my numbers and it hits. It only needs to happen ONCE.

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
                            Virginia
                            United States
                            Member #1712
                            June 20, 2003
                            1549 Posts
                            Posted: February 10, 2005, 10:05 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by fja on February 10, 2005

Jking,

you might be right, about that, but I've been on LP for over 3 years and I've seen alot of numbers posted,  and I usually post mine with the megaball separated,  I've seen maybe a handful of people hit 4 and 1 guy hit five, I myself cant get past 3+0, you would think that the odds of some one copying your numbers and playing them on the off chance that you will hit the jackpot, would be big....I would think that if people were playing my numbers they would be a little dis-illusioned by now!  But I guess i've seen wierder things happen....

Yea, like using chief's "Bell-Curve" information... yuk, yuk, yuk

That stuff will really throw a fellow off, huh fja?

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: February 11, 2005, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Posting numbers is just not my cup of tea.