Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball as you have never seen it

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by looneylotto.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Salem, Ohio
United States
Member #11171
February 6, 2005
8 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2005, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

This is ******** reporting.  I have a plan for
the Powerball and I would like your thoughts.  First I
have had and been in contact with the legal office of
the MUSL and right now they don't have a problem with
this idea and venture of mine.  Here is a disclosure
first.  I am not selling Powerball tickets nor will I
buy and mail anyone anywhere Powerball or any other
lottery tickets.

In short I will remove 120,217,727 combinations from
the game, in my twisted way of thinking, or about
.9974% of the combinations.  The chances of winning
will be 1 in 309,043.

This involves turning the Powerball into a Super Bowl
squares pool only instead of 100 squares there are
over 300,000.  I have been running my computer for
weeks and I'm nearing the end of a process that will
accomplish this.

From me you will get 390 random selected, numerically
sorted, combinations, from the 120,526,770
combinations, in a text file.  Once a combination is
used it will not be repeated.  You then get 78
playslips and carefully fill them out and wait.  This
is not going to happen overnight.  As things progress
and my web site comes on line I'll report the number
of text files distributed.  At some point I will also
start tracking and reporting if the combination drawn
was held by anyone.  When the half way point, 150,000
text files, and the jackpot warrants a large bet, then
a roll of the dice may be in order because at least
one half of the combinations will be covered.

Chew on this before you say it won't work.  When the
jackpot gets to the hundreds of millions how much do
you think is bet?  If 300,000 people go and get
$400.00  of easy picks will one win?  Maybe.  If you
use my assigned numbers one has to win, if you bet all
the combinations given to you.

How do you cover $390.00?  Some I'm sure can do it on
their own, others can start a pool of their own.  With
some others start putting five bucks a week each away.
When the time comes you'll have the cash and
playslips ready to go.

Since we are not a group, the winnings are yours to
keep, I ask for nothing from your winnings.  Since no
one is going to a lottery terminal with 120 million in
cash and play slips trying to cover the entire game we
are good to go.  Since no one agent or terminal sold
out the game we are good to go.

The advantage is like the Super Bowl squares.  If
everyone just asked for a square and were told OK it
yours, with no regard as to how many or which ones
were filled, who would win?  Now as you fill out the
squares yourself, the board fills, the game goes on
and there are winners.  Once all the text files are
gone and say a target of 200 million is reached, the
numbers are bet, there will be at least one winner as
well as every other possible way to win.  I'll be able
to reverse search the numbers to know which text file
held the winning combination.

OK, let me have it.

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
    Waukegan, IL
    United States
    Member #8043
    October 22, 2004
    753 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2005, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Considering that you joined LP on 06FEB05 and have only one post in this forum, not to mention the fact that you have the US listed as your hometown....................I think that I will pass. On the other hand if you need to buy a very reliable AMC Gremlin I have one for sale.

Justin's avatar - hatchap
      Stevens Point
      United States
      Member #6457
      August 24, 2004
      3030 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2005, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

I dont like that.........Way too high of odds for $390........its just a faster way to get poor i think :(

Not a terrible idea. but just needs some work

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #2338
        September 17, 2003
        2063 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2005, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

While I might get 390 tickets (probably just 300) I would pick them myself. Of course Mega would have to break 300 million before I'd by any. If you have a method post your numbers for the next drawing and we'll see how accurate your method is.

waynr's avatar - moon2

United States
          Member #3813
          February 23, 2004
          52 Posts
          Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:22 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by looneylotto on February 6, 2005

Hi,

OK, let me have it.

You already have it. I'd bet it's some good stuff too.
            Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
            Member #2673
            November 2, 2003
            497 Posts
            Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

looneylotto,

Let me say this is a great idea. Not to steal any of your thunder, but I had a similar idea that was posted on this site a while back.

Let me warn you, you will get very few backers, but nonetheless, it is a good and workable idea.

Also, unlike many ideas promoted here and elsewhere, you are not trying to make a buck off the idea.

Good luck,
            Jake

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
              Member #2673
              November 2, 2003
              497 Posts
              Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

This is the idea that I had posted earlier.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/83322

It is similar except that all participants share the jackpot but keep the lower tier prizes.

Good luck,
              Jake

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8359 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

I had the same idea for keno

Salem, Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #11171
                  February 6, 2005
                  8 Posts
                  Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Address has been added.

As for the Mega I contacted the Ohio Lottery Commission. At this point they are not keen on my idea, although a more detailed explanation is due them. As for what's due on the next Powerball draw, your guess is as good as mine. But, I can tell you this. I have the next winning combination in my computer as you read this. If the 309,043 text files were out there and bet as instructed, one would be a jackpot winner or share in it, 41 would hit the first five and so on down the line.   

And while I'm at it. Have you ever wondered how any jackpot gets so big with out getting hit? Using a 6/49 game as an example. When a quick pick in done, just how does it work? Does the terminal really pick the numbers from a random generator or...... does it random draw a number from 1 to 13,983,816, go and get the record containing the combination and use it? If that's how it works in theory, then one could have a trap in the program that only uses the even record numbers this week and maybe the odds the next. It would be interesting to document all the quick picks for a given draw just to see where they land.

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                    United States
                    Member #6519
                    August 26, 2004
                    192 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2005, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I don't understand your plan.  You say the first thing to do is to remove 120 plus million combos whic is about .997%.  That leaves 1 chance in 300 thou of winning.  I don't follow you.  And what numbers do you remove.  Please explain in minute detail.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                      Beautiful Florida
                      United States
                      Member #5709
                      July 18, 2004
                      20101 Posts
                      Posted: February 8, 2005, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

well, lets see. if that many combos are removed my odds of winning would be so great in my favor, i'd be able to win every week right? geez, i wonder what the jackpot would get up to, maybe $500,000.  not a bad idea, but it could use some work..

good luck...!

jake this is not intended for your post, it's for looneylotto.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                        United States
                        Member #6519
                        August 26, 2004
                        192 Posts
                        Posted: February 8, 2005, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

Jake, I read your plan and its not bad.  But consider this.  Even if everyone agreed to buy just 5 tickets a drawing, if 1000 members of the LP participated, the group's chance of winning would be 1000 times greater than each individuals chance acting alone.  If one player was lucky enough to hit, he would take the cash prize and agree to keep a max of $2 million and give the rest to the other players who would thenhave their own drawing for the remainder.  Say the jackpot was good for $10 mil in cash.  That would leave $8 mil for the other players and if 80 names were drawn and given $100 thou each or something like that, if would be pretty good.  One thing is for sure, its going to take a group effort to hit the jackpot.

Salem, Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #11171
                          February 6, 2005
                          8 Posts
                          Posted: February 11, 2005, 12:13 am - IP Logged

In my twisted way of thinking I believe I remove 120,220,727 of the

120,526,770 combinations in the Powerball game and here is why I think

this way leaving 309,043 chances to win. But first, just the other day

here at work I was asked the same question by a gang of guys in the

lunch room. There were four of them. I went to each one and said give

me a number between 1 and 8 and I got 4 different numbers and I replied

with one that they did not say and said you loose. Now I said you have

1-2, you have 3-4, you 5-6, and you have 7-8. Now give me a number

between 1 and 8 and they understood what I was saying, one will hold

the winning combination.

If you take the 120,526,770 combinations and divide them by 390 you get

309,043. If the 309,043 players bet every combination that I have

given them one will be holding the winning combination. If 309,043

players buy 390 quick picks would you be willing to bet one will be the

winner, no because you have no clue as to how many combinations are

repeated or even used. In my text files no combination is repeated and

every one is used only once.

If you go out and buy 390 quick picks that leaves 120,529,380 other

combinations that can be the winner. If you play the 390 from my text

file that leaves 309,042 other text files that can be the winner. This

of course assumes all text files are out and in play and remember

someone else can play outside the text files and win as well.

One pick verses 120,526,769 other combinations or one text file that

makes the value of a ticket $390.00 verses 309,042 other $390.00

tickets or text files. 120,526,770 minus 309,043 is 120,220,727 less

numbers to play or .9974 less combinations that can win.

390 divided by 120,526,770 is .000003236

1 divided by 309,043 is .......... .000003236

Both have the same odds only the 390/309,043 will have the winner

every time. When the jackpot is really high you know more than enough

is bet to cover every combination and still there won't be a hit.

Playing the 390/309,043 there has to be one.

Powerball is in 27 states and a few other places as well. I am

confident I can find 309,043 players to take me up on my offer. Me,

I'll sit this one out, why if I put this all together and won, I'd have

309,042 people wanting my hide.

No matter how odd a combination is, it has the same chance as any

other. Here in Ohio I took the Super Lotto 6/49 game and found the

combination in the exact middle. Of 103 draws last year, they don't

draw Christmas, where do you think the most hits were, above of below

the middle. It was the same 51/52 dead even. There was a time when

one, over or under went ahead a little, but it always came back to

even.

The Powerball people say that no retailer can sell every combination to

a game. The players that use my text files are on their own. They are

not in this to share or split with other text file holders. No one is

going to a terminal with a truck load of cash and play slips trying to

win. Use the numbers in the text file, fill out the 78 play slips, go

bet them and wait. Now playing every week would be cost prohibitive so

a jackpot at a certain number would be the trigger.

Finally after weeks and weeks of work I'm ready to start putting

together text files. In fact the first 30,000 text files will be done

by Friday morning. It will be fun to see how all future draws pan out,

in a text file or not. It won't take but a few seconds to know.

Thanks for your interest and replies.

Looneylotto

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                            United States
                            Member #6519
                            August 26, 2004
                            192 Posts
                            Posted: February 11, 2005, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Looneylotto.  Boiling it down-as I understand you-if you can talk 300,000 or so folks to buy 390 tickets for each draw and in this way you will have every combo covered.  I'm no mathematician but I'd have to say this conforms to basic mathematics.  Now lets see...you are going to talk 300,000 people to play 390 tickets.  300,000 to play 390 tickets.  You'll make a fortune writing a book, "I'm the most persuasive guy ever".  300,000 to play 390 tickets.  I immediately thought of the movie, Beau Gueste, starring Gary Cooper.  In the last scene when Beau's aunt was to of his death in the French Foreign Legion, she mused on his heroics and said, "Beau Gueste....gallant gesture....we didn't name him wrong, did we?" 

If I understand you correctly...300,000 playing 390 tickets...I'll borow from the aunt and say...looneylotto....LOONEY,,,they didn't name you wrong, did they?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19815 Posts
                              Posted: February 11, 2005, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by looneylotto on February 11, 2005

In my twisted way of thinking I believe I remove 120,220,727 of the
                              120,526,770 combinations in the Powerball game and here is why I think
                              this way leaving 309,043 chances to win.

Why not divide the combinations into two pools of numbers (white balls-53 and power balls-42), that way your text files will be smaller since there are only 2,869,685 combinations of 5's in PB with 42 ways to play them.  Assuming you still plan to play all 42 PBs you had to reduce your combinations of 5's to 7,360.  If you have reduced the odds of winning second prize to 1:7,360 that would probably be more interesting and easier to test.  Assuming the winning combination is in your group of 309,043 , what are the odds of winning second prize?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking