Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball as you have never seen it

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by looneylotto.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
Virginia
United States
Member #1712
June 20, 2003
1549 Posts
Posted: February 11, 2005, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

"Beware"

"Smells like a di-la-gv-na-ge-i to me"

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

Salem, Ohio
    United States
    Member #11171
    February 6, 2005
    8 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2005, 12:24 am - IP Logged

RJOh,

Odds of the second prize I have no idea. If all numbers are covered there would be 41 first five hits, right?

Playing the 5/53 would make 119@24,115 or 221@12,985 text files which would be a lot easier than working with 120million.

At work we had a lottery club for the Ohio Super Lotto. 20 people, 5 bucks a week, played 2 and 3 went into the kitty. When the jackpot hit 20 million we would bet part of the kitty. We did it for a couple of years and spent thousands and the best we ever got was five of six AFTER the game changed and it was worth $1,500.00.

Playing auto lotto just don't work. There has to be a plan of attack. I will run into the one person that has my views and it will start to move.   If there wasn't an advantage to it, why do some states, like ours, prohibit it?

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
      Virginia
      United States
      Member #1712
      June 20, 2003
      1549 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2005, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Why do states like our prohibit it?

Because, like I said above. It smells like a "di-la-gv-na-ge-i"

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19901 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2005, 1:54 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by looneylotto on February 12, 2005

RJOh,

Playing auto lotto just don't work. There has to be a plan of attack. I will run into the one person that has my views and it will start to move.   If there wasn't an advantage to it, why do some states, like ours, prohibit it?

Looneylotto,

Before I retired, I was in a similar pool at work, we had 21 people and each contributed $5 when the jackpot got  $10M and we matched 5of6 three times over two years, but that was the old SuperLotto, not SuperLottoPlus. I matched 5of6 in SLP on my own once after I retired.

To what were you referring that the state prohibit?  As far as I know you can play as many numbers with any system that you have time for before the drawing.  If your system will work, it probably has worked in the past and that what I was referring to for testing.

Also, I don't understand what you mean by 119@24,155 or 221@12,985.  How many combinations of fives will your text file contain?

Good luck to you and your pool members.

RJOh 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20244 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2005, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

very interesting question rjoh. i'd like to know that myself...!

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Salem, Ohio
            United States
            Member #11171
            February 6, 2005
            8 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2005, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

I had this idea in 1996 with the old Super Lotto 6/47 game. I wrote the Ohio Lottery Commission and ask them their thoughts. I got a nice letter back from the Chief Legal Council of the OLC. She told me where I could look in the ORC (Ohio Revised Code) 3770 dot something, you know how state laws are section this or that. Any way this is what she pointed out.

Block Bet.......

A block bet can occur one of two ways. Either I am standing in line with a large sum of money and play slips and prdventing the next in line from placing a bet or cover all of the numbers and keep someone from being the sole winner. If she got wind of me trying it, she said "we'll be down to see you".

States I have been in touch with and year have said....

Ohio 1996, you know

Ohio 2005, Mega Millions falls under their block bet law.

Florida 1996, Knock yourself out, I could not get it going.

Missouri 2005, Not allowed

Delaware 2005, All bet slips must be filled out by hand is the only rule.

Power Ball 2005, again bet slips done by hand, no one retailer may sell all of the numbers, not a group                 working for someone to cover all of the numbers.

2,869,685 combos of the 5/53 part of PB. Each one on these is matched to a Power Ball 1/42, so each combo in the 2.8 is in the file 42 times with a different PB number for a total 120,526,770 total combos.

Breaking down the 2.8 combos..

119@24115 meant that there could be 24,115 text files with 119 combos in each one.

221@12985 meant that there could be 12,985 text files with 221 combos in each one.

I work the math to get an even number to divide the combos so none are left out.

I also got a batch of papers from the current CLC at the OLC and it contained info about a group that works out of Arizona. They collect $22.00 from 50 members in each pool, then they, the AZ guys bet $256.00 dollars of the $1,100.00 they collect so each player has 256 chances to win. They (AZ guys) use the rest of the $1,100.00 for "to pay for business expenses, advertising, bonus tickets and promotional items"

OLC will not let these guys operate here.

Now this is a racket, $844.00 in their pockets for each draw. And some here think my idea smells???

One more thing, in the ORC 3770.whatever, each scratch off game is listed as to how many tickets are printed and how many winners and of what are listed. With a little math you can see how a game make money for the OLC. I'm pretty sure each scratch off has its number on the back.

Best Regards,

Mike

Salem, Ohio
              United States
              Member #11171
              February 6, 2005
              8 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2005, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

To: Chief

Holy Cow Chief,

You are from Virginia, the ONLY state where the lotto WAS hit by a group covering almost all the numbers and you say my idea smells like, what is that anyhow?

They ran out of time to get all the play slips bet between draws. They had a bunch of people from accounting firms placing bets.

They used dot matrix printers to fill out play slips, thats why they say, must be filled out by hand.

And..

Best Regards to you!

Mike

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2005, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

Mike,

What those guys are doing is collecting $4.30 to buy a $1.00 ticket which they keep and control.  A player would have to be dumber than dumb to use their service to play a local game where they could buy their own ticket for $1.  Twelve players could pool their money and do the same thing or the 50 players in their pool could buy their own tickets with that amount of money and improve their odds by 330%. People who run a racket don't need permission, if they sought permission from the OLC to run their racket in Ohio, then they were dumber than dumb.

Since you haven't asked for any money, you system can't be classified as a racket yet, but it doesn't make any sense either unless you have eliminated all those combinations for a reason.  If you eliminated them randomly, then all you have left is a bunch of random combinations which are no better than a bunch of QP's.

If you have a block of numbers that you can afford the time and money to play, there are several little ma/pa stores that have empty terminals 80% of the time that will be happy to have your business.  You won't be keeping any one else from playing.

Personally, I wouldn't pay 2¢ to anyone for a list of numbers, no matter how they picked them, but there are services like that available already to any player that want them.

Good luck to you.
                RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Salem, Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #11171
                  February 6, 2005
                  8 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2005, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

I haven't really removed .9974% of the combinations. They are still there.

My Power Ball just had 309,043 tickets that cost $390.00 each.

Odds are the same. If I can get all mine out, there will be a winner.

The numbers drawn tonight are in my computer right now.

Mike