Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MM Drawing for Tuesday 02-15-05

Topic closed. 71 replies. Last post 12 years ago by kbcherokee.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Litebets27's avatar - power
Maryland
United States
Member #10465
January 14, 2005
6065 Posts
Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:19 am - IP Logged

NyWilliams, it makes sense and I think I understand where your coming from. I feel that we are kind of "brain storming" not just competing. Using different systems, comparing accuracies and perhaps some where down the line coming up with numbers that will allow us to split a big pot 5 0r 6 ways. Coming from different parts of the country, having different perspectives may help us to be big winners. ( I hope) LOL

litebets

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
    Virginia
    United States
    Member #1712
    June 20, 2003
    1549 Posts
    Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:19 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by four4me on February 15, 2005

I can help to think that something happened a couple weeks ago in the powerball game where 3's were picked in almost all the numbers they were .

Sat, January 22, 2005 11 | 23 | 32 | 33 | 34 pb 38.

So i think were going to see something like this in mega soon It could be like 3-13-32-38-43 mb 39

Any way i'm gonna give it a shot for tonight.

Save your $, It won't happen this game...

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

nywilliams's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
      Atlanta
      United States
      Member #10983
      February 1, 2005
      118 Posts
      Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:33 am - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Litebets27 on February 15, 2005

NyWilliams, it makes sense and I think I understand where your coming from. I feel that we are kind of "brain storming" not just competing. Using different systems, comparing accuracies and perhaps some where down the line coming up with numbers that will allow us to split a big pot 5 0r 6 ways. Coming from different parts of the country, having different perspectives may help us to be big winners. ( I hope) LOL

litebets

Well, that's good to know.

When a man tells you he got rich through hard work, ask him: "WHOSE"? - Don Marquis

Virginia
        United States
        Member #1712
        June 20, 2003
        1549 Posts
        Posted: February 15, 2005, 11:04 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by nywilliams on February 15, 2005

Having read through everything twice now, I guess the question I want to ask is it is a bad thing to have us all (for the most part) looking at "longshots" as possbile numbers to play?  I'm noticing that more and more "longshots" are starting to hit.

Like, if the expected hit average for a number is 28 (if you look at the entire 287 draw history) "longshots" have hit 13 times already this year (out of the 26 numbers that I would catergorize as being "cold" or below the hit average).  That leads *me* to the conclusion that these numbers are coming back around.  Thus the 33 showing up on my list of numbers.

At any rate, maybe it might help if someone helps me understand how we're working together as a team???  From what I *think* I'm seeing being posted, it looks like we're all using a different "system" for coming up with our numbers but haven't agreed quite yet on how we're going to determine what does/doesn't get considered as possible numbers in a group sort of way.

Did any of that make sense?

nywilliams:

When you speak of more and more longshots hitting lately. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I only see maybe (3) number's in the last ten or so games that "hit" that I would have considered being longshots. Those being #30, 44 and 50. I guess I consider a longshot being a number that hasn't "hit" in the last ten to twenty games.

This time around I see #49, 48, 46, 38, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33, 32, 29, 26, 22, 20, 18, 16, 13, 09, 05, 04 and 01 as all being longshot's this time. So, how do you know which number to play if you don't have or follow a Bell-Curve to let you see which number has the best chance of "hitting"? Otherwise you're just guessing, right? Guessing assures you if your flipping a coin, that it's a 50% chance it will land on heads or tails, right? Is what I'm saying making any sense? i would rather have some kind of tool going for me than just blind guessing. Thus giving me a better average and better results in choosing my number's.

I may be way out in left field, but it makes sense to me. The more of an advantage I have, the better success rate I have.

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
          San Angelo, Texas
          United States
          Member #1097
          January 31, 2003
          1394 Posts
          Posted: February 15, 2005, 11:14 am - IP Logged

According to the alpha-numeric substitution data I've compiled for MM, I think the following alphabetical sequences and number combinations could be winners on 2/15.

AABCE 7.9.15.21.41+2
          AACCD 1.5.27.28.31+11
          BBCDD 10.19.24.32.38+25
          ABDDE 8.14.34.39.40+37
          ABBBC 6.11.12.17.25+41

Key: A1-9,B10-19,C20-29,D30-39,E40-49,F50-52.

I was tempted to play 46, which hasn't shown up for 48 draws, but I would have to play another E that has come up recently. Don't think pair EE is due this time around. 13 is tempting, but we haven't seen it for 34 drawings. Other numbers that have not come around in long time are 4, 5, 26, 33,36,48,49.

All of the bonus numbers are those which have come up twice since 1/52. My theory is that MM isn't won often because of odd-ball sequences, etc.

Isn't it amazing how the 3 50s come up so often?

Why not play a wheel? Can't afford it!

Good luck everyone!!

Atlanta
            United States
            Member #10983
            February 1, 2005
            118 Posts
            Posted: February 15, 2005, 11:27 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on February 15, 2005

nywilliams:

When you speak of more and more longshots hitting lately. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I only see maybe (3) number's in the last ten or so games that "hit" that I would have considered being longshots. Those being #30, 44 and 50. I guess I consider a longshot being a number that hasn't "hit" in the last ten to twenty games.

This time around I see #49, 48, 46, 38, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33, 32, 29, 26, 22, 20, 18, 16, 13, 09, 05, 04 and 01 as all being longshot's this time. So, how do you know which number to play if you don't have or follow a Bell-Curve to let you see which number has the best chance of "hitting"? Otherwise you're just guessing, right? Guessing assures you if your flipping a coin, that it's a 50% chance it will land on heads or tails, right? Is what I'm saying making any sense? i would rather have some kind of tool going for me than just blind guessing. Thus giving me a better average and better results in choosing my number's.

I may be way out in left field, but it makes sense to me. The more of an advantage I have, the better success rate I have.

Chief

For the system that you are using, yes, what you are saying makes sense.

But it makes no sense for the system that *I* am using as I am looking at the entire draw history of 287 games, calculating the average hit ratio for the numbers (along with several other statistics), and then sorting the numbers into categories of "hot"; "cold"; & "inbetween".

I don't limit my calculations to the past 10-20 games as I don't feel that gives you a large enough sample size to be able to see what is happening and for me 287 is not so large a sample size I can't manage the results (I do recognize that 287 draws may be too large a set for some people to work with). When I do limit (or "filter") my numbers, I never go below the past 100 draws. One of the basic underlying principles in statistics is that you have to have a large enough sample set to keep your results from being spurious.

Therefore, when I look at my numbers, I see that there are 26 numbers that have a "cold" hit ratio. Of those 26 numbers, I see that the 42 hit on 2/1; the 15 hit on 1/14; the 7 hit on 1/4; the 19 hit on 1/14; the 40 hit on 1/21; the 3 hit on 2/4; the 12 hit on 2/4; the 25 hit on 2/8; the 27 hit on 1/21; the 45 hit on 1/25; the 11 hit on 2/8; the 23 hit on 2/8; and the 35 (3rd lowest cold number) hit on 1/11.

If you want to consider this as guessing, well, I can't say that I have a good response for that. I know what I learned in my stats classes and I know how to do basic statistics (with help from SPSS) and beyond that I can't really say I'm an authority on how the lottery works or can predict with 100% accuracy what will happen tonight.

I would submit, however, that ultimately all of us are guessing as it were as none of us knows for sure what will fall tonight. But, what I suspect is that if I use my system and come up with numbers, and then 3 other people use their system and come up with their numbers, and I see that out of my list of possible numbers that I selected using my methods, I match someone on 12 of them, that means I need to go back and take a closer look at those numbers.

At any rate, that's how I felt when I came on the forum..

When a man tells you he got rich through hard work, ask him: "WHOSE"? - Don Marquis

Virginia
              United States
              Member #1712
              June 20, 2003
              1549 Posts
              Posted: February 15, 2005, 11:32 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by bobby623 on February 15, 2005

According to the alpha-numeric substitution data I've compiled for MM, I think the following alphabetical sequences and number combinations could be winners on 2/15.

AABCE 7.9.15.21.41+2
              AACCD 1.5.27.28.31+11
              BBCDD 10.19.24.32.38+25
              ABDDE 8.14.34.39.40+37
              ABBBC 6.11.12.17.25+41

Key: A1-9,B10-19,C20-29,D30-39,E40-49,F50-52.

I was tempted to play 46, which hasn't shown up for 48 draws, but I would have to play another E that has come up recently. Don't think pair EE is due this time around. 13 is tempting, but we haven't seen it for 34 drawings. Other numbers that have not come around in long time are 4, 5, 26, 33,36,48,49.

All of the bonus numbers are those which have come up twice since 1/52. My theory is that MM isn't won often because of odd-ball sequences, etc.

Isn't it amazing how the 3 50s come up so often?

Why not play a wheel? Can't afford it!

Good luck everyone!!

bobby623:

I agree with you. I think I mentioned a lot of what you just said in the "POST" above yours.

Good luck,

Chief

United States
                Member #8747
                November 16, 2004
                213 Posts
                Posted: February 15, 2005, 11:35 am - IP Logged

You guys are the last man standing.

I have to say with one draw left on my ticket, it seems more possible.

Everything has fallen in place. I am confident with it.

Do not be surprised if I win. LOL.

Virginia
                  United States
                  Member #1712
                  June 20, 2003
                  1549 Posts
                  Posted: February 15, 2005, 11:53 am - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by getpaid on February 15, 2005

You guys are the last man standing.

I have to say with one draw left on my ticket, it seems more possible.
                  Everything has fallen in place. I am confident with it.
                  Do not be surprised if I win. LOL.

getpaid:

This is a "Thread" where everyone "POST'S" their number's... LOL

One or thirty... Let's see'em  No show, no glory...

Surely you're not another CO?

Chief

Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #1712
                    June 20, 2003
                    1549 Posts
                    Posted: February 15, 2005, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

Having read through everything twice now, I guess the question I want to ask is it is a bad thing to have us all (for the most part) looking at "longshots" as possbile numbers to play?  I'm noticing that more and more "longshots" are starting to hit.

Like, if the expected hit average for a number is 28 (if you look at the entire 287 draw history) "longshots" have hit 13 times already this year (out of the 26 numbers that I would catergorize as being "cold" or below the hit average).  That leads *me* to the conclusion that these numbers are coming back around.  Thus the 33 showing up on my list of numbers.

At any rate, maybe it might help if someone helps me understand how we're working together as a team???  From what I *think* I'm seeing being posted, it looks like we're all using a different "system" for coming up with our numbers but haven't agreed quite yet on how we're going to determine what does/doesn't get considered as possible numbers in a group sort of way.

Did any of that make sense?

nywilliams:

This time around I see #49, 48, 46, 38, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33, 32, 29, 26, 22, 20, 18, 16, 13, 09, 05, 04 and 01 as all being longshot's this time. So, how do you know which number to play if you don't have or follow a Bell-Curve to let you see which number has the best chance of "hitting"? Otherwise you're just guessing, right? Guessing assures you if your flipping a coin, that it's a 50% chance it will land on heads or tails, right? Is what I'm saying making any sense? i would rather have some kind of tool going for me than just blind guessing. Thus giving me a better average and better results in choosing my number's.

Chief

nywilliams:

Take any "suggestion"... If it works for you, use it. if it doesn't, move on to the next one until you find one that works, or gives you a better advantage over the other's.

When you say the "longshot" number's have "hit" 13 times in the last 287 games. To me, that's a very small %. like .045% To me, it makes more sense to wait till a "longshot" # hit's, and then start watching it. Or maybe if it does fall in the Bell-Curve for the next game, then play it... But just to play a "longshot" just because you think it's going to hit; I think me personally, I will wait.

For me using a "Wheel" like I do, that would be putting a # in my Wheel that I'm not sure about, or a "dead" number just taking up space. Sure, there's alway's that .045% chance that number will "hit", but very unlikely. So to me. it's a wasted number for that drawing.

Good discussions today... That's what it takes. You have to drive a car to know your going to like it, and then you buy it...

Chief

Atlanta
                      United States
                      Member #10983
                      February 1, 2005
                      118 Posts
                      Posted: February 15, 2005, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Chief,

I am not saying that longshot numbers have hit 13x in the last 287 games. If that's what you got from my post then let me clarify.

I'm saying that they are STARTING to hit after a long period of not hitting at all and that 13 of the 26 numbers that hadn't hit in a year or more have hit in the past month and a half.

The 287 is a reference to your comment about how you only look at the past 10 or 20 draws. My response to that particular comment is that I look at the entire draw history of 287 draws.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19828 Posts
                        Posted: February 15, 2005, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I am looking at the entire draw history of 287 games, calculating the average hit ratio for the numbers (along with several other statistics), and then sorting the numbers into categories of "hot"; "cold"; & "inbetween".

I don't limit my calculations to the past 10-20 games as I don't feel that gives you a large enough sample size to be able to see what is happening and for me 287 is not so large a sample size I can't manage the results (I do recognize that 287 draws may be too large a set for some people to work with). When I do limit (or "filter") my numbers, I never go below the past 100 draws. One of the basic underlying principles in statistics is that you have to have a large enough sample set to keep your results from being spurious.

I added a file search feature to my program that use the following formulas to define hot and cold numbers and assign a color to them. I started out using a formula with fixed values where A and C = 2, ß = normal rate of repeat and B and D = 0, but rewrote them so I could change them and experiment with different values.

(blue) Cold Numbers = 0 hits in (A x ß + B)
                        (red) Hot Numbers = 2 or more hits in (C x ß + D)
                        (green) Normal = any numbers not in one of the above groups
                        ß = normal hit rate or average hit rate of each particular number
                        B and D are additional number of draws

I have yet to find a group with less than 30 numbers that included all 5 winning numbers.

How do you define your hot and cold numbers? 

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Virginia
                          United States
                          Member #1712
                          June 20, 2003
                          1549 Posts
                          Posted: February 15, 2005, 4:04 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on February 15, 2005

I am looking at the entire draw history of 287 games, calculating the average hit ratio for the numbers (along with several other statistics), and then sorting the numbers into categories of "hot"; "cold"; & "inbetween".

I added a file search feature to my program that use the following formulas to define hot and cold numbers and assign a color to them. I started out using a formula with fixed values where A and C = 2, ß = normal rate of repeat and B and D = 0, but rewrote them so I could change them and experiment with different values.

(blue) Cold Numbers = 0 hits in (A x ß + B)
                          (red) Hot Numbers = 2 or more hits in (C x ß + D)
                          (green) Normal = any numbers not in one of the above groups
                          ß = normal hit rate or average hit rate of each particular number
                          B and D are additional number of draws

I have yet to find a group with less than 30 numbers that included all 5 winning numbers.

How do you define your hot and cold numbers? 

RJOh

RJOH:

I define a "HOT" number as being one that hits maybe twice in a row, hits, skips two games, hits again, skips one, hits again. etc. But when they hit three times in a  row. The "HOT" streak is over because very seldom would you play a number that's hit more than three times. It just dosn't happen.

To me a "Cold" Number is one that hasn't hit in the last 10 games. You wait for that number to hit and then maybe play it if it's in the Bell-Cure. (for me anyway).

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: February 15, 2005, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

RJOH:

I define a "HOT" number as being one that hits maybe twice in a row, hits, skips two games, hits again, skips one, hits again. etc. But when they hit three times in a  row. The "HOT" streak is over because very seldom would you play a number that's hit more than three times. It just dosn't happen.

To me a "Cold" Number is one that hasn't hit in the last 10 games. You wait for that number to hit and then maybe play it if it's in the Bell-Cure. (for me anyway).

Chief,

I try to avoid the word maybe in my calculations because then I am depending on my hunches rather the actual data.  For example there has been time when I felt numbers had acted a certain way and when I checked the data they hadn't at all and then there are times when I take a good look at the data and concluded that there are no significant trends so a QP or a hunch is just as good.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

letswin's avatar - anglewings
                              annapolis Md
                              United States
                              Member #5362
                              July 1, 2004
                              203 Posts
                              Posted: February 15, 2005, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

10 14 18 34 37

14 25 27 39 49

1 3 24 31 33

3 21 28 34 37