Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What the most $ you've put or seen someon

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
Chicago,IL.
United States
Member #2902
November 29, 2003
1426 Posts
Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

What the most money you've ever put or seen someone play on a single pick three combination?  I've seen a guy where I buy my tickets play 000 for $100.00 straight.  I think ten straight and ten box is the most I ever played on a single combination.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

United States
    Member #9000
    November 25, 2004
    378 Posts
    Posted: February 15, 2005, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Me:  $20 on one number.  No, I didn't win, but came close.  It has got to be a VERY good number for me to spend that much on ONE number.  I have only done that once.

Someone else: $40 to $60.  This guy would buy $40 to $60 on one number, but he would buy several numbers at once spending $40 to $60 on EACH number.

I was at QT (QuikTrip Convenience Store) one time and they were printing out 99 QP's for a guy for the Pick 3.  Later I talked to the guy that printed them out and he said it was another QT employee that buys them and he sometimes spends like $250 a night on tickets.  Some straights, some boxed.  That is way too much money to spend for me.  I don't know how much he wins or how often.

We shall see! 

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
      Waukegan, IL
      United States
      Member #8043
      October 22, 2004
      753 Posts
      Posted: February 15, 2005, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

Twenty bucks on a single set..............always strt/box. I have seen a friend of mine put a hundred bucks on a set of trips to come in, never won but what a nice payout that would be. I have also seen him drop a grand a day at the horse track, here is the killer. He is still ahead at the horses. Just won over 7,000 bucks last week, profit.

Texasman's avatar - rocket
        Glergenflergen, Texas
        United States
        Member #7809
        October 13, 2004
        962 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2005, 12:53 am - IP Logged

More than once, a  guy I know liked to buy $1 exacts ten times on the same number and he would sometimes win $5,000. 

Another restaurant owner I know about follows hunches and doesn't try to do any math or analysis.  His girlfriend told him 9-2-2 was coming. He thought about it and said, "No, 9-2-3."  He had put $100 in various amounts exact and any and won $40,000.

I put $20 exact on 5-2-8 five years ago and lost miserably. Never did that again, even with a good number.

The same guy mentioned earlier put $50 on 9-2-4 exact(would have won $25,000) and 8-2-4 came in. One number off and $50 poorer.

These people who you hear about winning big sometimes, lose BIG most of the time.  That guy who occasionally got $5000 or $1250 would lose $2400 in 5 weeks without a single win of any kind. Pretty bad!

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
          Waukegan, IL
          United States
          Member #8043
          October 22, 2004
          753 Posts
          Posted: February 16, 2005, 12:58 am - IP Logged

OUCH!!!!

sclotto's avatar - 20160626 082805.jpg
            N. Charleston,SC
            United States
            Member #3989
            March 11, 2004
            1491 Posts
            Posted: February 16, 2005, 10:44 am - IP Logged

On this past Sunday a guy spent 100.00 on 312 Str. and 50.00 on a bunch of pick 4 nos. I don't know how he did on the pk 4 but he lost on the pick 3, because 812 came. 

344 889 

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1389 Posts
              Posted: February 16, 2005, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Cash 3 & 4, at the most $10 for a single number. Have played ALL 52 Mega balls on the Megamillion, got back a simple $7 (had played the same number set for all 52 tickets), was first and last time I had done that (had won extra $$$ on scratch tickets, so figured what the heck, was only out of pocket for $10 total).

Sir Metro

kiki's avatar - strawberry
                Florida
                United States
                Member #10925
                January 30, 2005
                35 Posts
                Posted: February 16, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I once hit 5 in Lotto and put $50.00 on Cash 3 and didn't win even 3 right. They were my picks, not QPs. I have seen people put hundreds of dollars on Cash 3 and other games in convenience stores. What is making me kick myself right now is: I had heard how great the new $20.00 scratch offs were, so when I got my IRS refund yesterday I played 4 of them and won nothing, so quit. Then this woman came up and bought the next one and one $500.00. I am still in pain.

Litebets27's avatar - power
                  Maryland
                  United States
                  Member #10465
                  January 14, 2005
                  6065 Posts
                  Posted: February 16, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

I was behind a guy who played a four digit $50 straight and $35 box. I don't know why he played that combination of money on it, but I followed him and played $1.00 on it. It didn't come out.

litebets

United States
                    Member #9000
                    November 25, 2004
                    378 Posts
                    Posted: February 16, 2005, 11:22 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by kiki on February 16, 2005

I once hit 5 in Lotto and put $50.00 on Cash 3 and didn't win even 3 right. They were my picks, not QPs. I have seen people put hundreds of dollars on Cash 3 and other games in convenience stores. What is making me kick myself right now is: I had heard how great the new $20.00 scratch offs were, so when I got my IRS refund yesterday I played 4 of them and won nothing, so quit. Then this woman came up and bought the next one and one $500.00. I am still in pain.

I feel your pain.  The place I buy my tickets all the time a guy bought a $5 Scratch off before me and he won $30,000.  Of course, I won nothing! 

We shall see! 

SirMetro's avatar - center
                      East of Atlanta
                      United States
                      Member #6191
                      August 11, 2004
                      1389 Posts
                      Posted: February 16, 2005, 11:25 am - IP Logged

My previous supervisor delayed me one nite and when I got to the store, a guy had just purchased a $5 scratch-off 20 minutes earlier and won $50,000. Would have been my ticket if I had not been delayed. I ain't forgave my previous supervisor yet for that one.

Sir Metro

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8360 Posts
                        Posted: February 16, 2005, 11:42 am - IP Logged

I have a pick 4 number i put 20 on straight a few times a year when i feel it's gonna come out. And only after i have won  one of the pick 3/4 games for the seed money. I have played 5 dollars straight on a pick 3 numbers many times and box it for a buck.

I have a friend that plays pick 3 and he puts 50 on it straight to win one number evening draw only. He does this  twice a week. He has won many times doing this and feels comfortable playing that way because he is working with the money he has won from previous wins.

Last year when i hit pick 4 straight for 7600 i went crazy for about a week and spent about 5/6 hundred trying to hit pick 3/4/5 buying tickets like they were going out of style. I did hit the pick 3 straight that week but endend up throwing it away playing keno with those winnings. After my thrill week was over i went back to my standard playing profile.

Bahamas
                          Member #4816
                          May 26, 2004
                          120 Posts
                          Posted: February 16, 2005, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

I have seen someone play $50.00 straight on 440 but it didn't come that nite, it came a few nites later

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
                            Norfolk , Va
                            United States
                            Member #4541
                            May 2, 2004
                            25097 Posts
                            Posted: February 16, 2005, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

SClotto, too bad that guy in SC didnt play 312 up here in Va for 100 bucks. It hit here as 312 mid-day today.

Good Luck

Blackie

bubber58's avatar - lol

United States
                              Member #3094
                              December 23, 2003
                              1059 Posts
                              Posted: February 16, 2005, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I know two men in ky, one in Irvine the other in Junction City, which have scored large hits on pick 3,  just the other day 333 came in the man in JC. had 200.00 dollars on it, personally I can only imagine that, I've not ever been that brave... The man from irvine has hit, that I know of 3-4 times last year for 60,000  he plays mostly double numbers or a triple,,, He had 202 for 150.00 a few months ago, he told me it was coming but I did not have it, but i sure remembered when it came in,,,,,  Some people are lucky and good,, I wish it could be me some day,,,, Remember never bet more than you can afford to lose......