Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What the most $ you've put or seen someon

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by four4me.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LUCKYCHICK80's avatar - chick
NASSAU
Bahamas
Member #10638
January 20, 2005
1368 Posts
Posted: February 16, 2005, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

i had $50.00 on 888 when it came in illinois on dec. 23 last year. i also put 60.00 on 420 three times a day everyday

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
    Chicago,IL.
    United States
    Member #2902
    November 29, 2003
    1426 Posts
    Posted: February 16, 2005, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Nice hit on that 888. Luckychick80 is 420 your favorite number? Good luck tonight.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

NASSAU
      Bahamas
      Member #10638
      January 20, 2005
      1368 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2005, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

yes it sure is . i hit it every time it came in illinois last year and its my age.

fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
        Chicago,IL.
        United States
        Member #2902
        November 29, 2003
        1426 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2005, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

Your 420 years old. or 42 years young. Good Luck.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

NASSAU
          Bahamas
          Member #10638
          January 20, 2005
          1368 Posts
          Posted: February 16, 2005, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

none of the above. lol! 24 years old. it doesn't matter which order the number is in, i just like it as 420 more than any of the other combos.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
            Yinzer Country, PA
            United States
            Member #4067
            March 18, 2004
            2741 Posts
            Posted: February 16, 2005, 8:29 pm - IP Logged

the most i've spent on a pick 3 number is $5. i've spent $70 on mega millions before.

i've seen customers throw down hundreds of dollars a day on numbers. there are people who play at my old work whose yearly spending is above the poverty line. i've also seen people blow over a grand a week on tickets. i may not seem like too much to some people, but in one year, they will have spent over $52,000 on lottery tickets. 20 years, and the guy will have spent $1 million, and he probably has not won anything.

i also had a customer who i really wanted leave. she wound up spending $550 on scratch-off tickets. she won back $235. she said she was looking for the $100 winner. she was hogging the counter, and other customers were complaining. i explained to her that she was being detrimental to business, and that customers were complaining. she asked to see the manager. i let her keep on playing. the only breaks i got from this lady was when she went to the ATM to get more money. if you need to go to the ATM to get more gambling money (and i'm guessing she got out $100-$200), there's a problem. if you need to go to the ATM more than once to get gambling money, you need to be cut off. granted it's good for business, but the lady was just throwing away her paycheck, and she didn't even win back half of what she spent. she dventually got the $100 winner, after spending about $400. she then bought more tickets, getting another $100 winner. she then bought tickets winning her $5, $5, $10, and $15, and quite a few more losers.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

spookysoozy's avatar - acepent
              South Georgia
              United States
              Member #100
              January 28, 2002
              3734 Posts
              Posted: February 17, 2005, 1:45 am - IP Logged

I spent $200 on a number straight one time.

Usually it's $100 or $50 ( in 2004 )

triple troopers are like that. 

sooz

''argue for your limitations, and they are yours ''

Texasman's avatar - rocket
                Glergenflergen, Texas
                United States
                Member #7809
                October 13, 2004
                962 Posts
                Posted: February 17, 2005, 2:04 am - IP Logged

One day I had $75 in my pocket and nothing to do, so I went around to all the different convenience stores in a 6-mile radius of my home to buy about 3 or 4 scratch offs at each store before moving on to the next store.

I had losses in a row, then some wins to keep me going - up and down all day, staying alive, but with dwindling funds.  At 5 p.m. with about $12 left, I had made a full circle of my town and was going toward home when I stopped at one last store with faith and disgust in my soul at the same time.  I bought a Break The Bank, it was number 005 on the roll, and hit $200.  I quietly put it in my pocket and went the heck home.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8361 Posts
                  Posted: February 17, 2005, 11:03 am - IP Logged

TEXASMAN wrote

I bought a Break The Bank, it was number 005 on the roll, and hit $200.  I quietly put it in my pocket and went the heck home.

Thats the way to do it take the money and run.