Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I Am a Millionaire Now!!

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 12 years ago by hosni.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Poway CA (San Diego County)
United States
Member #3489
January 25, 2004
14120 Posts
Posted: February 17, 2005, 11:38 am - IP Logged

John knew it was a scam.  He was only kidding.  I, like Todd, have received these notices. 

It is a shame that John, Todd, and I have to split that money.

I'm KIDDING!!

hosni's avatar - hosni
    Escondido, CA
    United States
    Member #70
    December 31, 2001
    12798 Posts
    Posted: February 17, 2005, 11:38 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by Todd on February 17, 2005

Carbob:  Hosni did not win.  It was sarcasm.  Nobody reading this should have even a glint of hope in their mind that the e-mail hosni received was real.

Good morning from sunny Escondido, CA. That E-Mail certainly is a scam. Did not purchase a ticket. I just wanted to know what the Forums reaction would be. And would like to know if anyone else in the Forum has received the same message. When I posted my "exitement" last night, I also PM'ed Todd of what I was doing.

Platinum John

Retired Grumman Aerospace Corporation F-14 Tomcat AVIONICS Field Engineer Extraordinaire

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23274 Posts
      Posted: February 17, 2005, 12:22 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by CalifDude on February 17, 2005

John knew it was a scam.  He was only kidding.  I, like Todd, have received these notices. 

It is a shame that John, Todd, and I have to split that money.

I'm KIDDING!!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

SirMetro's avatar - center
        East of Atlanta
        United States
        Member #6191
        August 11, 2004
        1389 Posts
        Posted: February 17, 2005, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

For those who are interested, the United States Secret Service actually has a web page dedicated to scams of such nature because, sadly, many people have lost real money. One of the web sites dedicated to such issues http://www.secretservice.gov/alert419.shtml 

I have, in the past received email from a "Nigerian" type setup, a quick web search turned up what the entire process was. Scary part is, I was communicating almost realtime via email with those crooks. Over the course of an hour, I had sent several questions and received answers. After I read what the USSS had to say, I sent em my letter to politely decline all of their offers and forwarded all of the email to the Secret Service.

Also, think about this, before you delete it, take the time to forward it to the Secret Service, they can not find them if we don't help.

Sir Metro

A good man always does the right thing...even when no one is watching.

Pick 3 Fairy's avatar - faery
          Texas
          United States
          Member #44
          November 15, 2001
          3839 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2005, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

I have received the same type of thing in the mail.  They ask me for my bank account number to transfer funds.  Everyone beware because if you really win anything like that they would send certified mail to you and would never ask your bank account.  And how could you win if you never bought a ticket?

The Fairy

hosni's avatar - hosni
            Escondido, CA
            United States
            Member #70
            December 31, 2001
            12798 Posts
            Posted: February 17, 2005, 4:35 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Pick 3 Fairy on February 17, 2005

I have received the same type of thing in the mail.  They ask me for my bank account number to transfer funds.  Everyone beware because if you really win anything like that they would send certified mail to you and would never ask your bank account.  And how could you win if you never bought a ticket?

Yo P3F, how are things deep in the heart of Texas? Us sophisticated Lottery players know better about all these scams. But take senior citizen, or any non lottery player Joe Nolottery who receives such an E-Mail or a snail mail. He/she is overjoyed in winning so much money. They bite, and soon their money is history. I am surprised that UK is not cracking down on such scams. I get lots of E-Mails from Africa asking for my help, to hide their money in my Bank account. They all go to the trash bin.

Platinum John in starting to rain Escondido, CA

Retired Grumman Aerospace Corporation F-14 Tomcat AVIONICS Field Engineer Extraordinaire

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
              Waukegan, IL
              United States
              Member #8043
              October 22, 2004
              753 Posts
              Posted: February 20, 2005, 1:19 am - IP Logged

To bad that it is so far away from america.

I get all of this junk mail from companies, the biggest junker is Jewel Osco. Oh how I hate that company. I would leave for three days and when I got home I would have 15 coupon papers in my mail box. It was so bad one time that the postal service stopped delivering my mail all together. The box was full so they stopped the service. Can you believe that? I didn't want the garbage in the first place!

I tried everything, I called the post office and complained, I tried to write "Return to sender" on it and finally I called up Jewel Osco and told them to take me off of their "valued customers" list. They said that they would and two days later I get another one of these coupon newspapers. I started collecting all of their garbage and after about two months I drove to the Jewel Osco, got out of the car, opened their door and slung all of that S*** right inside of the door. Right now, Jewel Osco has about another three weeks before I pay them another visit.

reddog's avatar - patch
                Greensboro, North Carolina
                United States
                Member #1616
                June 5, 2003
                1287 Posts
                Posted: February 20, 2005, 7:44 am - IP Logged

"I started collecting all of their garbage and after about two months I drove to the Jewel Osco, got out of the car, opened their door and slung all of that S*** right inside of the door. Right now, Jewel Osco has about another three weeks before I pay them another visit."

Now why didn't I think of that?.
                  Littleoldlady's avatar - basket
                  Clarksville
                  United States
                  Member #487
                  July 15, 2002
                  17638 Posts
                  Posted: February 20, 2005, 8:19 am - IP Logged

I love it!!  Wish I could do that with email!

If you know your number is going to hit, have patience and then KILL IT!

You never know when you will get another hit.

Waukegan, IL
                    United States
                    Member #8043
                    October 22, 2004
                    753 Posts
                    Posted: February 20, 2005, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I would bet to say that if EVERYONE in america did the same thing that dventually all of our junk mail problems would end. JUNK MAIL ANARCHY!!!!

benir4u's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                      Sacramento,Ca
                      United States
                      Member #1954
                      July 31, 2003
                      1935 Posts
                      Posted: February 20, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I agree I received the same email last year and when I told them to send me the check in the mail to my P.O. Box I never heard from them again. LOL

Waukegan, IL
                        United States
                        Member #8043
                        October 22, 2004
                        753 Posts
                        Posted: February 20, 2005, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

Hey, why dont we all get together here. We can get their address and start sending them all of our garbage laying around the house: apple peels, empty coke cans, dead frogs, you get the picture.

Hosni, post their return address. I swear that I will send them quite the little package. I will send you pics.

hosni's avatar - hosni
                          Escondido, CA
                          United States
                          Member #70
                          December 31, 2001
                          12798 Posts
                          Posted: February 20, 2005, 10:29 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by GoArmy on February 20, 2005

Hey, why dont we all get together here. We can get their address and start sending them all of our garbage laying around the house: apple peels, empty coke cans, dead frogs, you get the picture.

Hosni, post their return address. I swear that I will send them quite the little package. I will send you pics.

Here it is:  info@nationalinternationallotterypromo.org