Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

IonSaliu Generator

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 12 years ago by NewClub.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
S.Windsor, CT
United States
Member #4580
May 4, 2004
119 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2005, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

The Saliu Generator is said to generate 1000 combinations. But I'm unable

to log onto it and my son ,who has 20 years of computer know how, can't

find out how to log on. So I now turn to LP experts to ask if the generator

will handle any and all lotto type games, such as 5/10, 5/15, 5/20. If so,

please help me to log onto it.

Bertil

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23345 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2005, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Were there any instructions on his web site?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5142 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2005, 12:19 am - IP Logged

DEAR.........>>>>>BETEL:

Go to ......"lotto systems"....and tell your son too... talk.....to ........yes....!!!!!

.................BILL.......,,,,,GATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after......20 years, he must know BILL better than WE DOO.......DO.......!!!!!

20 yeeeears......we .....ask your son............(hear) from HIM........your greaaat SON........PLEASE as him ......and .........BILL too ......GIVE US (THE..ONLY).....

.....A......BREAK----------------EVEN .......PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS ....................................PSYKOMO         

SirMetro's avatar - center
        East of Atlanta
        United States
        Member #6191
        August 11, 2004
        1389 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2005, 10:03 am - IP Logged

I searched over the Saliu's site last nite. Truthfully, am not sure what exactly you are looking for. Most of the software listed there is downloadable (some doesn't run on my computers). The items that do run, well, I just haven't invested the time yet to understand the power or potential each may have. Could you clarify what the "Generator" is that you are referring to please?

Sir Metro

The only thing I will ever admit to understanding is that I understand nothing.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1279 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2005, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Many of his programs has probably been made for MSDOS 6.0.

Perhaps you need to have MSDOS 6.0 installed in addtion to Windows to be able to use them.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19891 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2005, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Windows has a command prompt C:\ which allows you to run DOS programs in a  MSDOS window.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

S.Windsor, CT
              United States
              Member #4580
              May 4, 2004
              119 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2005, 10:15 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by SirMetro on February 22, 2005

I searched over the Saliu's site last nite. Truthfully, am not sure what exactly you are looking for. Most of the software listed there is downloadable (some doesn't run on my computers). The items that do run, well, I just haven't invested the time yet to understand the power or potential each may have. Could you clarify what the "Generator" is that you are referring to please?

Sir Metro

The only thing I will ever admit to understanding is that I understand nothing.

Dear Sir,

I'm looking for the generator mentioned at: http://www.saliu.com/

generator.html  but am unable to log onto Version 6.0.

It you can find it, please tell me if it will supply 1000 runs for 5/10.

Bertil

East of Atlanta
                United States
                Member #6191
                August 11, 2004
                1389 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2005, 12:00 am - IP Logged

ah...I think I found the program you are referencing...This program is an ActiveX program designed to operate when your at the website http://www.saliu.com/LottoWin.htm 

To make his program run within Internet Explorer (does not appear to function with any other browser), you will need to click

Tools>Internet Options>

Then click the SECURITY tab

In that window, you will see several icons, click the TRUSTED SITES icon and manually ADD http://www.saliu.com to the list of the trusted web site (also, make sure the https:// is unchecked or it will be fussy).

Anyway, enjoy and have fun.

BTW...the lists it creates an extensive list of numbers. I have no clue WHAT you do with so many random generated numbers, but hope you can make it usefull for yourself.

Sir Metro

East of Atlanta
                  United States
                  Member #6191
                  August 11, 2004
                  1389 Posts
                  Posted: February 23, 2005, 7:59 am - IP Logged

PS...Version 7 replaced the Version 6 you had mentioned.

Sir Metro

United States
                    Member #1940
                    July 29, 2003
                    16 Posts
                    Posted: February 23, 2005, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Sticklete:

You sign here as Bertil, in other cyber places you sign as Stig Holmquist. You emailed to me as Stig and also snail-mailed to me as Stiq. Hence, my perception is your name must be Sticklete.

I want to clear the air, too. It appears that you are desperate to get to a formula. I might have given you the impression that I know something you dont, but something you badly want therefore I enjoy torturing you. Thats not the truth. I dont care how people feel. Its their right to feel the way they want to. Its my right to only care how I feel about my things. I am under no obligation to satisfy or dissatisfy people. Searching for the truth is my highest goal.

A few people asked me to settle once and for all the topics you started, mainly the formula of the standard deviation for lotto games. Again, I do not have the authority to settle issues. In fact, no human has such an authority. I am surprised to see how stubbornly you hide the truth. First and foremost, you do not make any reference to your insistent correspondence with me, including via postal mail. Secondly, I betcha downloaded and ran most of my free software. I am almost certain (for there is no 100% certainty) that you have worked extensively with my combination generators, especially the highly unique and functional PermuteCombine.EXE and Combinations.EXE. What is your pretense for? Its hard for you to convince me that you are such an idiot that cant figure out whats about my online random generators! As I told you in my last email to you (and last is last!), the online random number generator generates random numbers and combinations right in your face online, that is. Also, my web pages hosting the generator and calculator specify clearly, even for a retarded computer user (yes, there is such a beast in life!) that the ActiveX controls require Internet Explorer version 4.0 or later. Thats a browser made by Microsoft Corporation " and its a free download.

The generator generates 1000 numbers/combinations/spins/trifectas per run. You can run the generation routines as many times as you will please. You can save/print all the combinations, or only fragments. Just delete combinations you dont want to save/print/work with. Didnt I tell you that in my last email? I sure did&

You wanna 5 random numbers per combination from a field of 10 numbers? You got two choices, crocodilule! First, Lotto 5: biggest number = 10. Second, you got the option Lotto Odds: biggest number = 10; numbers per combination = 5. Is that rocket science for a chemical engineer? I understand, the computer idiots could face some problems; e.g they might not figure out what per combination means, or random. But, hey, thats what the & For Idiots computer books are for&

Why would you want to generate 1000 random combinations of 10 numbers taken 5 at a time? Total combinations C(10,5) = 252. Why would you want to generate 1000 combinations? You know a thing or two about probability, I know that. You might find out that many of the 1000 combinations are repeats; meanwhile, it is not guaranteed that every 10/5 combination has been generated. Didnt we debate last year the classical occupancy problem? (I know that you also use regularly my freeware OccupancySaliuParadox.EXE. Its okay. You dont owe me nothin!)

Why dont you run PermuteCombine, or Combinations.EXE, or WheelCheck5.EXE to generate all 10/5 combinations; i.e. exactly 252.

Those who dont know, the purpose of your repeated inquiries is the discovery of a formula to calculate the THEORETICAL value of the standard deviation for lotto games. The standard deviation can be calculated statistically, one drawing at a time. But you are not interested in that. You want the theoretical value, applied in advance, before the drawings are conducted. You know that I know the formula you smelled it right in the online generators. But you should also know that I aint an idiot to hand it over to you, or anyone else, for that matter. You wanna write software and/or books? Put your brain to work. I know you got a brain let it work. Trust it! You told me about a guy one Shnitzel, or something who wrote a lottery book. Doesnt he know the formula? If he doesnt, what? You want to help him write a better book? Or you both actually wrote the book Shnitzel and Stcklete. You want to make the second edition a superior publication? Good luck! Do it at your own expense, not with my freebie effort.

How clearer can one possibly be? Enough is enough, as far as I am concerned.

Keep it koolé, Sticklete!

Good buy!

Ion Saliu
                    Doctor in Occult Science of Deviation-From-Falsity

S.Windsor, CT
                      United States
                      Member #4580
                      May 4, 2004
                      119 Posts
                      Posted: February 23, 2005, 9:00 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by IonSaliu on February 23, 2005

Sticklete:

You sign here as Bertil, in other cyber places you sign as Stig Holmquist. You emailed to me as Stig and also snail-mailed to me as Stiq. Hence, my perception is your name must be Sticklete.

I want to clear the air, too. It appears that you are desperate to get to a formula. I might have given you the impression that I know something you dont, but something you badly want therefore I enjoy torturing you. Thats not the truth. I dont care how people feel. Its their right to feel the way they want to. Its my right to only care how I feel about my things. I am under no obligation to satisfy or dissatisfy people. Searching for the truth is my highest goal.

A few people asked me to settle once and for all the topics you started, mainly the formula of the standard deviation for lotto games. Again, I do not have the authority to settle issues. In fact, no human has such an authority. I am surprised to see how stubbornly you hide the truth. First and foremost, you do not make any reference to your insistent correspondence with me, including via postal mail. Secondly, I betcha downloaded and ran most of my free software. I am almost certain (for there is no 100% certainty) that you have worked extensively with my combination generators, especially the highly unique and functional PermuteCombine.EXE and Combinations.EXE. What is your pretense for? Its hard for you to convince me that you are such an idiot that cant figure out whats about my online random generators! As I told you in my last email to you (and last is last!), the online random number generator generates random numbers and combinations right in your face online, that is. Also, my web pages hosting the generator and calculator specify clearly, even for a retarded computer user (yes, there is such a beast in life!) that the ActiveX controls require Internet Explorer version 4.0 or later. Thats a browser made by Microsoft Corporation " and its a free download.

The generator generates 1000 numbers/combinations/spins/trifectas per run. You can run the generation routines as many times as you will please. You can save/print all the combinations, or only fragments. Just delete combinations you dont want to save/print/work with. Didnt I tell you that in my last email? I sure did&

You wanna 5 random numbers per combination from a field of 10 numbers? You got two choices, crocodilule! First, Lotto 5: biggest number = 10. Second, you got the option Lotto Odds: biggest number = 10; numbers per combination = 5. Is that rocket science for a chemical engineer? I understand, the computer idiots could face some problems; e.g they might not figure out what per combination means, or random. But, hey, thats what the & For Idiots computer books are for&

Why would you want to generate 1000 random combinations of 10 numbers taken 5 at a time? Total combinations C(10,5) = 252. Why would you want to generate 1000 combinations? You know a thing or two about probability, I know that. You might find out that many of the 1000 combinations are repeats; meanwhile, it is not guaranteed that every 10/5 combination has been generated. Didnt we debate last year the classical occupancy problem? (I know that you also use regularly my freeware OccupancySaliuParadox.EXE. Its okay. You dont owe me nothin!)

Why dont you run PermuteCombine, or Combinations.EXE, or WheelCheck5.EXE to generate all 10/5 combinations; i.e. exactly 252.

Those who dont know, the purpose of your repeated inquiries is the discovery of a formula to calculate the THEORETICAL value of the standard deviation for lotto games. The standard deviation can be calculated statistically, one drawing at a time. But you are not interested in that. You want the theoretical value, applied in advance, before the drawings are conducted. You know that I know the formula you smelled it right in the online generators. But you should also know that I aint an idiot to hand it over to you, or anyone else, for that matter. You wanna write software and/or books? Put your brain to work. I know you got a brain let it work. Trust it! You told me about a guy one Shnitzel, or something who wrote a lottery book. Doesnt he know the formula? If he doesnt, what? You want to help him write a better book? Or you both actually wrote the book Shnitzel and Stcklete. You want to make the second edition a superior publication? Good luck! Do it at your own expense, not with my freebie effort.

How clearer can one possibly be? Enough is enough, as far as I am concerned.

Keep it koolé, Sticklete!

Good buy!

Ion Saliu
                      Doctor in Occult Science of Deviation-From-Falsity

Mr Saliu,

I'm tempted to lower myself to your level of insulting comments but I'll

refrain from doing so. Instead let me assure the LP readers that I never

used any of your software and have no intention to write any. My interest

is based on a desire to find a formula for predicting the std.dev. for any

set of lotto numbers. Professors of statistics have assured me there is

no known formula that aplies to any and all lotto games. Thus the best one

can hope for is an approximation by computer simulation. Your claim that

you know a formula is nonsense. If you have one I dare you to submit  it

to a scientific journal for peer review. I bet it would be rejcted. You clearly

don't know what you are talking about. Either put up or shut up! You

sound like the phoney Prof. Jones, who has published a faudulent book

about how to win lottos and lotteries.

Have a good day.

Bertil

East of Atlanta
                        United States
                        Member #6191
                        August 11, 2004
                        1389 Posts
                        Posted: February 23, 2005, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

I hope I did not step on any toes...my only intent was to assist in what appeared initally as a ligetimate computer oriented question.

Sir Metro

Hyperdimension's avatar - latest trace_171.gif

United States
                          Member #9059
                          November 26, 2004
                          128 Posts
                          Posted: February 24, 2005, 11:23 am - IP Logged
                          Quote: My interest

is based on a desire to find a formula for predicting the std.dev. for any

set of lotto numbers. Professors of statistics have assured me there is

no known formula that aplies to any and all lotto games. Thus the best one

can hope for is an approximation by computer simulation. Your claim that

you know a formula is nonsense. If you have one I dare you to submit it

to a scientific journal for peer review. I bet it would be rejcted. You clearly

don't know what you are talking about.

Bertil,

Do you have any advance in your search for the formula?

Saliu,

Why you keep in secret the formula?

El pensamiento ordena el caos..

http://1x2quinielas.blogspot.com

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19891 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2005, 2:36 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by Hyperdimension on February 24, 2005

Quote: My interest  is based on a desire to find a formula for predicting the std.dev. for any set of lotto numbers. 

Saliu,

Hyperdimension, do you think Saliu is the only one to keep the good stuff to himself?  People who want to share their best ideas usually write a book and sell it, even people who want to share some worthless ideas do it too.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

S.Windsor, CT
                              United States
                              Member #4580
                              May 4, 2004
                              119 Posts
                              Posted: February 24, 2005, 4:21 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on February 24, 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Hyperdimension on February 24, 2005

Quote: My interest  is based on a desire to find a formula for predicting the std.dev. for any set of lotto numbers. 

Saliu,

Hyperdimension, do you think Saliu is the only one to keep the good stuff to himself?  People who want to share their best ideas usually write a book and sell it, even people who want to share some worthless ideas do it too.

RJOh