Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tracking Ball Set Changes

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 12 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Do you keep track of ball set changes in your game?

Yes. It is part of my number selection strategy [ 6 ]  [24.00%]
Yes. I do not use this info in my strategies [ 3 ]  [12.00%]
No [ 15 ]  [60.00%]
Other (I will post details) [ 1 ]  [4.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 25 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  

Canada
Member #8436
November 5, 2004
17 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2005, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

A lot of strategies (or partial strategies) out there are based on the history of drawings (such as pairing, hot/cold etc). Some believe that the history is void as soon as the ball set is changed.

What do you think?

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2005, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Foxy, I voted "no" because I only play the pick 3 using a short history, so biases become quickly apparent.

If you're referring to jackpot games, then I would follow it.  New set, new "biases".  In those games all the balls are in one drum and there's a lot of them.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31339 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2005, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

no. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8359 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2005, 11:32 pm - IP Logged

I dont know if they put that information out for state lotterys. I wish they would. But when the numbers make a drastic change for three or more days in pick 3/4 games i suspect they changed ball sets or rotated them. So i adjust my plays until the new sets settle in. In powerball and mega i don't think it matters either way.  

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
          Member #9517
          December 10, 2004
          1272 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2005, 5:12 am - IP Logged

I do not since I don't get that information from my state lottery.

So instead I use a shorter history(max 50 games) to partially take that into account.

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8359 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2005, 9:29 am - IP Logged

And don't forget sometimes mega millions takes the game on the road. When the pots are high. So since they don't take their equipment with them. It's a crap shoot cause which ever state they might draw the numbers in they will be using that states equipment. And all the number history of the game is worthless during these draws. " Why"  because they are not using the same balls or machines. It might be a good idea during those draws to use the history from whichever game that state uses for their pick 5 or six game. 

hypersoniq's avatar - 8ball
              Pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #1340
              April 6, 2003
              2450 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2005, 11:50 am - IP Logged

I track it for possible future use in powerball, but since disclosure is a few draws late, it does me no good now.

Playing more than one ticket per game is betting against yourself.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                Clarkston, Michigan
                United States
                Member #76
                January 6, 2002
                8528 Posts
                Posted: March 6, 2005, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

Hey, Rick what number history do you use for your "short history"......I think you use the combined draw, right??

By the way, my son & his group have sold Pink Champagne...........quite alot of money actually....he gets his choice of a "baby champagne" or the money cut............like he said, either way he can't go wrong....he has gotten in a group now that breeds horses (he has given up on the racing but he did make a nice profit)........he was just in Argentina checking on some horses...(no, it is not his full time job...he did it on vacation). I think he is frickin' crazy but that is why he is well off....he takes chances..........

Just thought I would update you. 

Sandy

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                  FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: March 6, 2005, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Sandy, as always I change my methods constantly to keep me interested.  But for several reasons from several different approaches, I like the short history of the last 12 draws and I've gone back to that history for a while.  Also I am back to seperating the draws.  The 12 draw history seems to be the "ideal" number of draws to catch the trends quick and while they're happening, and also seems to be a "cycle".  (For example, I did a little "study" on repeats.  The average and 'mean' spans of time between repeats was right about 12.)  Seperating the draws seems to be as effective if not more so, than combining them so I'm seperating them for now.

I hope your son opts for the "little Champagne" option.  Keep her in the family!  lol

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                    Clarkston, Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #76
                    January 6, 2002
                    8528 Posts
                    Posted: March 6, 2005, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Rick for the advice.......maybe I will look into separating the draws....

Jay is leaning that way.......as he tells me he really can't lose either way....his wife is an excellent rider.....maybe she can ride the little one to break it in...........lol............

Sandy

Greenwich, CT
                      United States
                      Member #4793
                      May 24, 2004
                      1822 Posts
                      Posted: March 6, 2005, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

No, I tried to track changes on Powerball's machines and ball sets.  Just too confusing/time consuming.  Plus, it's just a guess as to which machine/set will be used for a particular drawing.

United States
                        Member #89
                        January 18, 2002
                        2092 Posts
                        Posted: March 6, 2005, 11:23 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

Myself having played Pick 3 for many years, I can't say that past history is voided. When there is a noted change in the ball number sequence, such as three digits that make absolutely no sense, it's very reasonable to assume that there has been some type of change in the mechanical end (ball set change). Very seldom will "Random" picks come up with the garbage that we are handed when any particular state is losing revenue instead of winning. As for the voidance of past history well, I believe that it's still credible to use after a few days. I use a short history (six to fourteen days) so unless it's for references---I very seldom use past history. The past belongs where it is as far as depending on it for your next play. The information there is always good if you are smart enough to find what you want! RickG and Four4me have the right of it.

Teufellj...

joyjoy8's avatar - friends
                          Houston Texas
                          United States
                          Member #371
                          November 30, 2000
                          587 Posts
                          Posted: March 7, 2005, 12:32 am - IP Logged

In Texas they change the ball sets and machines on the first of the month. They (TLC) uses the same machine for both draws. I check History because I find that certain sets follow each other not every time but often enough to be profitable regardless of ball set or machine being used. In Texas certain sets of number come at the same time every year most of the time) In all my systems I have a day  and evening draw and one combined. If I am playing midday draw I choose sets to play from the Midday system and the combined system.Certain patterns or cycles do repeat, not only from year to year . but also from state to state regardless of machine or ball set. The more information and history you have on your  state will one day pay off in a big way. "One day I will "see that number and play it 100 times"...................................................Joy

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                            Member #4416
                            April 22, 2004
                            1075 Posts
                            Posted: March 7, 2005, 4:53 am - IP Logged

Would someone please explain how changes in ballsets or machines actually make a difference? I presume that the idea is that the randomness of the draw is somehow affected. Exactly how does that happen and to what degree does it happen?

Just wondering,

aye'

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                              Member #9517
                              December 10, 2004
                              1272 Posts
                              Posted: March 7, 2005, 6:01 am - IP Logged

I understand your question well. Why should it matter?

My reasoning is that it might be the weight of the balls in one set may differ from the balls in another set. Perhaps it's only a 10th of a gram or less in total difference.

But that is perhaps enough change the randomness of the draws.

When a set of balls is about to be changed for another set of balls the old set has had a slightly different tear and wear than the new set.

That's the theory, anyway.