Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 7:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any one know a good flu cure?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by GoArmy.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #2218
September 1, 2003
5396 Posts
Posted: March 8, 2005, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

After you take all these recommendations you will probably need your stomach pumped!! LOL

AriesMoon's avatar - ind ankh2.jpg
    Cleveland
    United States
    Member #11541
    February 17, 2005
    100 Posts
    Posted: March 8, 2005, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

Greetings DVDIVA,

I suggest:

ALL OF THE ABOVE (other poster's remedies, which are good ones)  AND A POSITIVE MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL ATTITUDE!

That oughta do it!  Now, I'm not saying that you are a negative person, I'm only saying that when we get sick like that, it can always be tracked to some emotional or mental situation prior to the illness.  A person close to me was diagnosed with Virtigo about a week ago and before that she had been experiencing a whole lot of stress to the point where it literally knocked her out.  She even admitted that her attitude was low about her life situations prior to the illness.

Stay positive, prayerful and upful and you'll be A-okay!

Get well soon!

~AriesMoon~

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31537 Posts
      Posted: March 8, 2005, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

honey,garlic, rest and fluids. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
        Clarkston, Michigan
        United States
        Member #76
        January 6, 2002
        8528 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

My husband hardly ever gets sick.

Why?  The first sign of a flu or the cold.............he uses vicks....under his nose, around his neck..........then he is bad on Hall's mentholatus cough drops.........he does this for a couple nights and he is just fine.

Now I come from a family that believes in "hot toddys".........my dad would brew one up for me when I was a small child to my adult life whenever I got sick.......at night he would make one for me, cover me with blankets and I would sweat like a pig........but it worked, the next day I felt fine....

Hot toddy = whiskey &  honey heated over the stove till just boiling.....let it cool just a tad till drinkable, then down the hatch.......prepare to sweat alot.........

Hope you feel better.

Sandy

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: March 8, 2005, 9:04 pm - IP Logged

Thanks very much to all who posted. Still feeling bad but at least I have some here who loves me to take care of me and that's always the most important thing.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
            light on my feet
            United States
            Member #356
            May 20, 2002
            2744 Posts
            Posted: March 8, 2005, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

i always take 1/2 teaspoon of drano.  seems to work everytime.

maybe this will help as laughter is always a good "medicine"               

no,  it is not a self portrait...

feel better "D"...

"V"

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
              Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: March 9, 2005, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Everything that was said is very good, but me, I take lots of cayenne pepper with my food almost every day, it's good for anything and everything, it's like a 2nd immune system among other things, I have never found anything better than that, regular apple cider vinegar and mega doses of vitamin c are close seconds (not mixed together at the same time), cranberry juice is also good and kelp powder (not mixed together at the same time of course), limon and lime juice and also honey are good, try drinking lots of destilled water it's the best water and reverse osmosis is second best.

Bye.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                Dump Water Florida
                United States
                Member #380
                June 5, 2002
                3112 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2005, 2:14 am - IP Logged

It really depends on how bad you have it because in 1918 the flu killed millions of people, now it doesn't because there is modern meds, but if you don't go to the doctor and get them you're living in 1918 and can die if it goes into high fever.

If not killing you, call some health food stores and ask for Kold Kare for Cold & Flu, Sinusitis by Kare~N~Herbs or order it from http://www.kare-n-herbs.com and no I don't own the company.  Also get some zinc, don't take more then 50mg of zinc per day. Some vitiman C 500mg is good several times a day.  These should cut the time and symptoms in half.

Nightquil if you can't sleep.

I take the Kold Kare every time I've been near sick people and haven't caught it yet, (fingers crossed).  Frankly stay away from sick people if you possibly can even if it seems rude it's better then sick for two weeks, I leave the asile or get out of the line if people are coughing and hold my breath till I'm out of there. 

Chicken or wonton soup with chinese mustard.  Watermellon if you can't eat or drink is very good.  Grapefruit juice for sore throat to sip, you can add some seltzer or buy grapefruit soda, coke with fresh lemon helps, spicy chicken wings whatever your hot comfort foods are you can taste while sick.  Good luck  BobP

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
                  Waukegan, IL
                  United States
                  Member #8043
                  October 22, 2004
                  753 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2005, 3:43 am - IP Logged

Tiger Balm

is a hundred times better than Vick's. The Chinese have been using it for century's. Not only is it good for helping get rid of the flu/colds it also is good for any aches and pains ascoiated with the flu. Do not put it in your nose cause it will burn the mucious membranes.

This is without a doubt the best stuff ever. Works on arthritis as well for anyone suffering from it. I would agree with BobP here though, we are getting recruits from all over the states right now and this is a breeding ground for little diseases. I would visit the doctors office. There is some really nasty viral disease going around right now that antibiotics wont help.