Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Good days and bad days

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 12 years ago by acronym007.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
USA
United States
Member #1849
July 15, 2003
265 Posts
Posted: March 12, 2005, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20050311%2F1608975127.htm&sc=1110

I didn't see this in the news sections so I'm posting it here. Good ole Jack's luck hasn't run out.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5124 Posts
    Posted: March 12, 2005, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

WHAT LUCK.....................................................................................................................................?????

IF...............it was not for bad luck.........Good ole Jack would not have any LUCK AT ALL??????????????

KEEP your HEAD UP..............................................JACK.....................KEEP your HEAD UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck..............

PSYKOMO

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: March 12, 2005, 3:31 pm - IP Logged

Hold your head up...Argent

New Mexico
        United States
        Member #12305
        March 10, 2005
        2984 Posts
        Posted: March 12, 2005, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Sounds as though the shyster-lawyers are about to win the jackpot without having to buy tickets.  Good old Jack needs to go put a few flowers on L'il Brandi's grave, then spend a million or so on the next big draw.

Jack

USA
          United States
          Member #1849
          July 15, 2003
          265 Posts
          Posted: March 12, 2005, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Best thing Jack could do is settle. I'm not a huge fan of putting lawyers kids though college while mine go to the local community. He would be better served going pro-se and settling out of court then at least no lawyers get the money.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19831 Posts
            Posted: March 12, 2005, 4:43 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by acronym007 on March 12, 2005

Best thing Jack could do is settle.

Jack will have to go to court on this one because if he doesn't every lousy parent within 50 miles of him that have bad kids will be suing him expecting to get rich.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: March 12, 2005, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Jack will have to go to court on this one because if he doesn't every lousy parent within 50 miles of him that have bad kids will be suing him expecting to get rich.

RJOh

Guess someone's finally found a use for bad kids.  Who says things aren't looking up? 

Jack

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
                Waukegan, IL
                United States
                Member #8043
                October 22, 2004
                753 Posts
                Posted: March 14, 2005, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

In defense of ole Jack, what grandparent wouldn't spoil the grand kids after winning the nations largest jackpot? How the hell was he suppose to stop some kid from pushing junk through his veins? I think that what Brandi ended up getting was a little more severe then a law suit and I hate to say it but if you play with fire then you need to realize that getting burned is a possibility. Where were the parents of the kid that ended up dying? One more thing, what decent parent would let their son spend the night at some chicks house...............I am sorta glad that my old man wasn't so "cool".

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: March 14, 2005, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

Hi GoArmy:

You obviously subscribe to the outmoded idea that adult humans (which both of these young people were) are responsible for their own choices and decisions, that nobody else can make those choices for them.

Quaint notion these days.

Peace,

Jack

USA
                    United States
                    Member #1849
                    July 15, 2003
                    265 Posts
                    Posted: March 14, 2005, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

I agree with the fact that all humans are reponsible for their own actions. HOWEVER, you cannot claim ignorance on your OWN PROPERTY. Spoil you kids is great, grandkids, great, allowinn drug actions to take place on your premesis not great. I think Jack was too busy at strip clubs to see what was happening around him. I am a landlord and I had to kick people out for doing the wrong things, not even drugs but drugs in a heartbeat with no legal problems. The law is on your side when it comes to drugs so I think he had some ability to manager her, his granddaughter becuase as I understand it, he was actually the parent or guardian. Even more important then was his reponsibilty to oversee her actions and take an active interest in her life. Hey, this can happen to any of us, but I hope we all don't go to the strip club and leave our kids at home without any supervision. I think Jack was human and just made a human error, he shouldn't be sued for some other kid, he will always deal with more pain than we all know for not being there when Brandi died, that's the tradgey.  Cheers all

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                      Member #14
                      November 9, 2001
                      31363 Posts
                      Posted: March 14, 2005, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

where were her parents?????

love to nibble those micey feet.

New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #12305
                        March 10, 2005
                        2984 Posts
                        Posted: March 14, 2005, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I think Jack was human and just made a human error, he shouldn't be sued for some other kid, he will always deal with more pain than we all know for not being there when Brandi died, that's the tradgey.  Cheers all

Hi Acronym:

I'm inclined to entirely discount any responsibility on the part of anyone with the 17 year old.  He was man-size.  It wasn't long ago 17 year olds were standard cannon fodder in every war this country ever fought, were expected to behave as men in every aspect of their lives, seldom lived at home after HS graduation, or earlier for many, earned their own keep and would have been ashamed to do otherwise.  Society and expectations have changed, but if this 17 year old wasn't a man, it was because he chose not to be one.  The potential for manhood was there for 10,000 generations of men and it hasn't been lost with 40 years of decadence.

Jack isn't being sued for the girl.  If he behaved in a reasonable and prudent way on his own property (there's been no suggestion he was renting and needed to explain himself to a landlord), in a way that a reasonable and prudent person would behave, he has only his own conscience to live with, as we all do.  Tough gig, having something such as that happen in your life.  Tough gig that he has to have his dirty laundry aired to be examined and judged by a lot of nosy busybodies such as ourselves, who would probably serve ourselves better by looking in our own laundry bins.  It's the cost of being rich, I suppose, and the cost of living in a country where the laundry bins of the wealthy are of more interest to the citizenry than what their own kids are doing.

Jack

Waukegan, IL
                          United States
                          Member #8043
                          October 22, 2004
                          753 Posts
                          Posted: March 14, 2005, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

i GoArmy:

You obviously subscribe to the outmoded idea that adult humans (which both of these young people were) are responsible for their own choices and decisions, that nobody else can make those choices for them.

Quaint notion these days.

Peace,

Jack

Thanks Jack, I am glad that someone saw a little sense in what I had to say there.

Emily, if I am not mistaken, Brandi was 17 when she passed away. Still one would hope two things here, first that she would have had enough sense not to run drugs through her veins and second that there should have been an adult figure somewhere in her life that she could turn too (seems like the grandfather was raising her).

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                            Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2741 Posts
                            Posted: March 15, 2005, 3:24 am - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by GoArmy on March 14, 2005

In defense of ole Jack, what grandparent wouldn't spoil the grand kids after winning the nations largest jackpot? How the hell was he suppose to stop some kid from pushing junk through his veins? I think that what Brandi ended up getting was a little more severe then a law suit and I hate to say it but if you play with fire then you need to realize that getting burned is a possibility. Where were the parents of the kid that ended up dying? One more thing, what decent parent would let their son spend the night at some chicks house...............I am sorta glad that my old man wasn't so "cool".

I understand where you are coming from. My uncle (who died last week at age 80.), although I really did not get to know him, was filthy stinking rich, and spoiled his two sons like nobody's business. My (My cousin) died of a drug overdose. Now his younger son has no father, and has also not accepted the fact that he won't be getting the rich kid treatment he got when he was younger.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Waukegan, IL
                              United States
                              Member #8043
                              October 22, 2004
                              753 Posts
                              Posted: March 15, 2005, 3:46 am - IP Logged

Dr., I see where spoiling them too much can be a horrible thing but it would definitely be something that you would do to some degree. I guess that if old Jack knew that it was going on and still gave her the means to get it then he is partly responsible for HER death. I really doubt that he knew about it though. I would hope that he would cut her off as soon as he found out about it.

It wasn't long ago 17 year olds were standard cannon fodder in every war this country ever fought, were expected to behave as men in every aspect of their lives, seldom lived at home after HS graduation, or earlier for many, earned their own keep and would have been ashamed to do otherwise. 

Jack, I couldn't have said it better myself. We still have these 17 year olds running through bootcamp and after they graduate from here are put in harms way. You cant strap on a weapon and bullet proof vest and expect to be safe, you are just a more interesting target. Its funny how the rich make the war and the poor go out to fight it. To say that Jack is responsible for the deaths of two 17 year old people is ridiculous. He may have given his grand daughter the money to buy the drugs but I highly doubt that he lifted his right trouser leg and started slingin dope. I also doubt that the man shot her full of it. You cant watch 17 year olds every minute of every day (unless they are in bootcamp ) and as far as I am concerned you are an adult at that age. If you can take a shot from an enemy then you should have the common sense to keep yourself off of drugs. One dies and what does the other do...........takes a few month hiatis and then they die.  Just like EMILY said, where were the parents?