Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What would you need to see?

Topic closed. 31 replies. Last post 12 years ago by JAZZY JASPER.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
Chicago,IL.
United States
Member #2902
November 29, 2003
1426 Posts
Posted: March 31, 2005, 12:04 am - IP Logged

I was talking with a friend and wondering what would you need to see from a pick three predictor in order to think of them as a so called '' numbers master/ lottery guru'' or somthing to that effect? I'm talking pick three only. I'll give some examples just to give you an idea as to what I'm talking about. Say someone posted one pick each day for a week and hit 2 straights and a box win in one week. Would that be enough? Or say they posted 5 or 10 numbers per day and hit somthing everyday? What would it take in your eyes for a person to stand out and get noticed? An most of all what would it take for you to consider them to be a pick three master? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
    Member #14
    November 9, 2001
    31361 Posts
    Posted: March 31, 2005, 12:25 am - IP Logged

5 numbers is fine -  minimum 4 hits per week.  i'm dreaming right??

if everythings coming your way - you're in the wrong lane. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
      Mid-Missouri
      United States
      Member #644
      August 31, 2002
      4271 Posts
      Posted: March 31, 2005, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Hi Eddie,

To me it is someone who is consistent over a period of time. Post few picks and state specific. Busmamabren is headed toward that goal if she continues to hit the way she has been in the mini-state contest we have been having lately. But consistency in the long run is what is most important in my book. Show me something (a system) that is working in several states consistently and you have my attention and admiration.

Good Luck Everyone,

Bryan  :)

mccarr ky
        United States
        Member #12905
        March 25, 2005
        2 Posts
        Posted: March 31, 2005, 12:34 am - IP Logged

i would say if they where picking numbers like that they would surely be a master to me it sure makes me wish i was one by the way i am Tressia from kentucky if you know of any way of how to become a master please let me know...lol

Mid-Missouri
          United States
          Member #644
          August 31, 2002
          4271 Posts
          Posted: March 31, 2005, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Welcome to the Lottery Post Tressia,

You'll have a lot of fun here and learn alot too.

So take your shoes off and stay for a spell.

Good Luck,

Chicago,IL.
            United States
            Member #2902
            November 29, 2003
            1426 Posts
            Posted: March 31, 2005, 12:50 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Tressia on March 31, 2005

i would say if they where picking numbers like that they would surely be a master to me it sure makes me wish i was one by the way i am Tressia from kentucky if you know of any way of how to become a master please let me know...lol

Welcome.  I think in the short run we all have the possibility of being pick three masters but in the long run in remains to be seen.

Chicago,IL.
              United States
              Member #2902
              November 29, 2003
              1426 Posts
              Posted: March 31, 2005, 12:56 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on March 31, 2005

Hi Eddie,

To me it is someone who is consistent over a period of time. Post few picks and state specific. Busmamabren is headed toward that goal if she continues to hit the way she has been in the mini-state contest we have been having lately. But consistency in the long run is what is most important in my book. Show me something (a system) that is working in several states consistently and you have my attention and admiration.

Good Luck Everyone,

Bryan,  There is no system for randomness and no one will win over a long period of time on a consistent basis, it's all in the math. So that being said, how bout I hit a straight 3 days in a row in Missouri using only one pick. Would that do?

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8363 Posts
                Posted: March 31, 2005, 1:02 am - IP Logged

We have people here that post on the prediction boards and hit numbers every day almost since they started posting. Is anyone one of them better than the rest i think not. It's the methods they use to predict the numbers that is the main function. Perhaps they all have devoleped skills over time and have good software programs that they know how to utilize that gets them the results.

The average person who picks and play numbers every draw isn't going to win 3/4/5 times a week just walking in a place and playing numbers of the top of their head.

But you take a person that studies the numbers and has found certain method to the madness and uses some sort of system and can pick numbers that win from it 3/4/5 times a week then i would say that person is good at picking numbers. Undoubtly that person isn't going to win like that every week. I dont think there is system that can predict numbers with certanty on a regular basis. Unless you change the method by which you select the numbers to play. If there was then people all over the country would be winning all the time because a secret like that would surely get out. From what i have gathered reading posts about people who predict numbers on here many of them are using several methods and combining results to get at the winning predictions.

Mid-Missouri
                  United States
                  Member #644
                  August 31, 2002
                  4271 Posts
                  Posted: March 31, 2005, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by fast eddie on March 31, 2005

Bryan,  There is no system for randomness and no one will win over a long period of time on a consistent basis, it's all in the math. So that being said, how bout I hit a straight 3 days in a row in Missouri using only one pick. Would that do?

But that's what it would take for me to call someone a Guru. Consistency over the long haul.

But your one pick method would certainly peak my interest. Let me know when you are ready to start posting. LOL!

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                    United States
                    Member #3489
                    January 25, 2004
                    14120 Posts
                    Posted: March 31, 2005, 3:05 am - IP Logged

If someone can do better than chance consistently, then they are a "guru" at picking numbers.  That's why looking at the Predictions Page and understanding what you are seeing is so important.  When I look at the top predictors, I disregard anyone that has bet less than $100.  You might see someone that has bet over the past 30 days $40 and had 1 winning ticket worth $80.  Wow!  They doubled their money, but I want to see how well they are doing after betting $250! 

There was a poll done recently where the vast majority of the people responding felt that the number of hits (hit ratio) was more important than the quality of the hits (prize ratio).  I'm still dumbfounded by that one!  I want to see who can make the money not just get a bunch of hits!  But to each his own!

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: March 31, 2005, 3:31 am - IP Logged

If they only hit box they must hit often. 10 picks gotta hit once every three draws.
                      If they hit straight not so often. enough for a profit 

MAGA

ga.
                        United States
                        Member #7829
                        October 14, 2004
                        614 Posts
                        Posted: March 31, 2005, 8:15 am - IP Logged

Caldude....As one that does not predict,I think I would be more inclined to think a top predictor was one that hit frequently,instead of just hitting big...My reasoning, when one of you all post your predictions,I have a choice of how much to bet on each number,rather to play it straight or box or both. Generally because I cannot predict I play a set of numbers and wait on a hit. But like yesterday,I researched those who I believe are good predictors for Cailfornia ,You and Hosni are among the top, then I already had a "feeling" of the numbers I thought might be in the mix and I combined these two and came up with a winner for midday,then I did the same for eve. in CA. sure enough I hit it too...California is easier for me to hit than any other state...Georgia,my home state,is the hardest...Not sure why.

I guess what I am saying is generally between the top predictors here,you can find the winning number,then you decide on the amount..we all know picking the winning number is the hard part.

I will add, Bird is phenomenal...I do not think he goes by any method to predict though. I think his is all gut feelings. Which we probably all have some of that,but neglect to see or follow...Ok...my 2 cents..LOL ...good day to you!

GracieGirl

United States
                          Member #3489
                          January 25, 2004
                          14120 Posts
                          Posted: March 31, 2005, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Gracie Girl, you are certainly entiled to your opinion.  You hold the same opinion as most people, but I just don't see it myself.

You used California Pick 3 as an example.  I think it is a good example for my point of view.  Following your logic, you would want to bet with Ms5PennieGen because she is #2 on the hit ratio list at 1.66%.  She has made in the last 30 days 360 picks and had 6 wins.  You wouldn't want to bet with MADDDOG10 because he is much further down the list at #6 with 2,455 picks and 32 wins.

Now, if you look at the quality of their picks you will see that Ms5PennieGen has invested $360 and won $240.  So, she is losing money.  MADDDOG10 has invested $2,455 and won $4,280 with a PROFIT of 74%! 

I will go for the money every time rather that a lot of hits...call me crazy!

MollyG's avatar - happy
                            TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                            United States
                            Member #9019
                            November 25, 2004
                            523 Posts
                            Posted: March 31, 2005, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

CD, is California computerized...I thought it was. 

GracieGirl said it was the easiest for her to hit.......hmmmmm

United States
                              Member #3489
                              January 25, 2004
                              14120 Posts
                              Posted: March 31, 2005, 1:18 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by MollyG on March 31, 2005

CD, is California computerized...I thought it was. 

GracieGirl said it was the easiest for her to hit.......hmmmmm

Yes, it is.  It is funny.  I hit some states very well, but not California.  My partners and I (9 of us) have made a lot of money playing Tennessee because of the extreme biases in that state.  We were up to $3 per ticket and 55-60 tickets per day.  We cut back to $1 when I started posting the numbers.  Good thing, it slowed down!  I'm no longer posting the numbers, hoping that we would start winning again, but we are winning about every other time.  We will probably quit soon and cash out.  We had to take some money out already because of Title 10 regulations.  Anyway, that was because of an obvious bias that was taking place in Tennessee.  At one point we had 21 wins out of 24 draws!!!

A computerized draw should be the easiest, if you find the bias.  But I think Tennessee uses balls and still had a strong bias toward high digits (among other things).  By using a computer program, you have reduced the randomness of the draw.  There is no way a computer can generate truly random numbers.  Finding out the bias is the hard part!!