Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Method of Choice

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by lottobrain.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What do you use to pick your numbers?

Retail Software? [ 8 ]  [14.55%]
Your Own Program? [ 8 ]  [14.55%]
Spread Sheet (Excel)? [ 7 ]  [12.73%]
Database (Access)? [ 2 ]  [3.64%]
Pencil and Paper? [ 20 ]  [36.36%]
Quick Pick? [ 5 ]  [9.09%]
Other? [ 5 ]  [9.09%]
Total Valid Votes [ 55 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 18 ]  
SirMetro's avatar - center
East of Atlanta
United States
Member #6191
August 11, 2004
1389 Posts
Posted: May 3, 2005, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

hummm....I guess I should say my system is "give money to cashier & go home".

Sir Metro

rowdy117's avatar - image php?u=2413&dateline=1135265132
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #12466
    March 14, 2005
    29 Posts
    Posted: May 3, 2005, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I have tried many different programs.  I have even written some of my own code.

For years I have persued the dream of developing a system that wins consistently.  Eventually I will succeed.  The best program that really works is Lotwon.  It towers above the rest.

Rome
      Italy
      Member #14832
      May 4, 2005
      5 Posts
      Posted: May 5, 2005, 10:12 am - IP Logged

"I was really hoping that I would see more people that do programming so I could suggest to Todd that it deserved it's own topic. It would have been a great resource for developing new systems."

"I do think that a lottery programming forum would be good, but only if as you say there are enough people willing to use it."

A forum for lottery programming would be a great idea....

Just me here....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19828 Posts
        Posted: May 5, 2005, 3:21 pm - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by thornc on May 5, 2005

"I do think that a lottery programming forum would be good, but only if as you say there are enough people willing to use it."

Without getting in to the particulars or the systec of a programming language, you can explain how your ideas work and other posters can incorporate them in their system whether they are programming, using a spread sheet program or just paper and pencil.  The lottery system forum is a good place for that and you don't have to be a programmer to participate.

RJOh 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LuvToWin616's avatar - happy
          Canton, Michigan
          United States
          Member #12088
          March 4, 2005
          1165 Posts
          Posted: May 5, 2005, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

paper and pencil the absolute best way to figure your numbers out ,and the help of lottery post friends Group Hug

Baton Rouge, LA
            United States
            Member #4602
            May 7, 2004
            699 Posts
            Posted: May 6, 2005, 9:48 am - IP Logged

What I have just started doing is having a few numbers I play every week then picking others to go with them.  I have 3 numbers I use on Lotto, and then I pick 3 other numbers to go with them. 

My lottery partner and I use the same system on Powerball, playing the same 3 numbers every week and adding 2 different ones.  For the red ball, we use a quickpick.

The system hasn't won us anything yet, but we do match at least one number more often this way than with quick picks.

PrisonerSix

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
              Florence, Alabama
              United States
              Member #8658
              November 13, 2004
              1993 Posts
              Posted: May 8, 2005, 9:47 am - IP Logged

It depends on the game. for pick3 and pick4 I use a data base to come up with the numbers. On CashBall I only play even numbers and choose between 5 different numbers as the bonus ball. On Powerball, Lotto South, Tic Tac Cash, and Double Up I play quick picks. I used to pick my own numbers on Powerball until I won $5000. I figured that would be as close as I was going to get on my own and decided to let the machine pick for me. I also noticed that in Illinois most people who win the little lotto win with a QP.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: May 14, 2005, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

i have always had better luck picking my own numbers than using quick pick,when powerball first come out here in tennessee i tried both methods and me picking my own did better,i still like quick picks though they are ok.

lottobrain's avatar - box
                  Smyrna, DE
                  United States
                  Member #10074
                  January 1, 2005
                  125 Posts
                  Posted: May 15, 2005, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

For pick 3 I use pen and paper, preferring the 1/4 square quadrille paper. Since DE now has 2 draws a day and 1 on Sunday, I line my numbers for each draw across the page by day-night, day-night, etc., beginning with Mon thru Sunday. That way I can observe what happened exactly one week back as each new draw comes up to see what hit. It seems that often a pair of numbers that hit exactly the week before will repeat in the next draw, and If I have a number I'm playing that fits that category, I may play it .50 cents of $1 combo for that draw. I may make a play like this if I see my digits in any of the numbers either above, to the left, or to the right of the new draw spot.  This stategy only has to succeed once in a blue moon to cover a lot of "misses". I prefer to play my numbers .50 cents box only at the start of the week (I always pick a new set of numbers for each week on Sunday night) and then if I hit, I may switch to a $1 box to amplify any winnings for the remainder of the week. Later in the week, if I've had a couple of hits, I may play a favorite number .50 combo for the rest of the week.  I rarely play straight as I feel that I can use any extra money for more boxed wins or combo wins. My theory is that I try to pick numbers that will hit soon.....1 to 2 weeks.  I think of this as "short odds" and "long money" to guarantee more winnings in the long run.  It is a take on the "Steve Player" thinking I guess as he used to suggest on most of his systems for 4 digit that one play more boxed tickets per play as one won more money.  On one system of his he suggested playing 12 $1 boxed tickets which would win $2400 for a 24 way box 4 digit, the near equivalent to a .50 cent str play on 1 number. The $12 play was a build up of course after winning at the $1 level and not an immediate play suggestion. That theory of course was to avoid having to pay any taxes on the 4 digit money. 

I also make up another chart with the 1/4 squares paper where I post all of the numbers that hit for each week by their lowest digit up to highest digit underneath a column with that lowest digit.  All numbers with a "0" go under it and so forth up to "6". Since there are not that many numbers above 6, I post everything starting with 6, 7, 8, or 9 under the "6" column.  I am able to split the page down the middle and start a 2nd group down the right side of the page.  With this scheme, I am basically looking at the 3 digits in the "220" number format from which all straight plays come from.  This data allows me to quickly find a specific number if I want to know if it hit before in the year, or if a friend would ask me about a certain number, etc.  I also use it to help me pick my numbers for the next week.  Lottobrain