Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 2:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LOTTOMIKE is the new Cash_Only

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 12 years ago by LOTTOMIKE.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
Member #2673
November 2, 2003
497 Posts
Posted: April 29, 2005, 8:50 am - IP Logged

LOTTOMIKE is the new Cash_Only.

Makes brief, no value added, comments on every thread.

LOTTOMIKE - are you trying to catch up to Cash_Only in number of posts?

Try a new tactic - quality instead of quantity

Good luck,
Jake

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: April 29, 2005, 9:31 am - IP Logged

I have mixed feelings on this one.  On one hand I like the enthusiasm of anyone who wants to participate in lots of discussions, but on the other hand I agree with Jake as far as only adding a reply if it contains a genuine thought.  I do not recommend going through messages and adding replies everywhere you go in rapid succession.  It may have been done with good intentions, but to other people it looks spammish or trollish.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
      Member #9517
      December 10, 2004
      1281 Posts
      Posted: April 29, 2005, 9:46 am - IP Logged

LOL!

I was wondering if that was something he did because he couldn't sleep or something.

It must have been in the middle of the night in USA when he was active.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
        North Dakota
        United States
        Member #13397
        April 5, 2005
        1623 Posts
        Posted: April 29, 2005, 10:03 am - IP Logged

I can't say anything.  I do it too.  However, Lottomike loves this forum and I have to stand up for him.  A lot of things he posts has quality.  Nonetheless, It's an open forum and everyone can state what they think on here.  Unless Todd doesn't like the way you think lol.   JK Todd!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23352 Posts
          Posted: April 29, 2005, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Hey, I even leave the posts on here where people beat me up, so you were really joking, right?

By the way, I like lottomike also (and I've told him that) and I like his posts, so don't misconstrue what I said.  I'm only talking about posts that have no benefit other than boosting quantity of posts and bumping.  It's OK even just to say "I agree" in a message, so again, that's not what I mean.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

North Dakota
            United States
            Member #13397
            April 5, 2005
            1623 Posts
            Posted: April 29, 2005, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Yes I was only joking Todd.  You do a great job keeping this place up and running and I love it here.

SirMetro's avatar - center
              East of Atlanta
              United States
              Member #6191
              August 11, 2004
              1389 Posts
              Posted: April 29, 2005, 10:38 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Todd on April 29, 2005

so don't misconstrue what I said

Wouldn't be as much fun if we didn't

Sir Metro

Opinions...like noses, everybody has one and they all smell.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8395 Posts
                Posted: April 29, 2005, 11:44 am - IP Logged

He'll never catch CashOnly and several other posters who do this unless they stop posting for a year. Some people have to have the first and last word. Even if it means saying nothing important. What bothers me about people that do this is a thread might have some important contex. And you have clicked track this topic. then when you log on and open your mail box and see 20 posts that have comments and you open it to see one line responses that have little or nothing to do with the post. Where some people might not be affected by this other people who are on a limited time schedule might find it objectonable. Because of the time involved in opening and going to the topic to find nothing has been posted except yea me to or that looks good or take the cash only or some other banter.

If i were on a tight schedule i would spend most of my time unclicking topics i wish to follow and go to the search feature to see if any responce were posted i might be interested in finding out about. People who for whatever reason feel they need to compete to be the top poster should think about how they might feel if somone was to do the same thing to his or her posts every day several times a day. Sorry for being so straight forward about this but i shoot straight from the hip.  My time is just a valuable to me as to most people and i'd like to open a topic and see somthing credible posted about the threads topic. However i realize that ain't going to happen on most days.  

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                  FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: April 29, 2005, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

four4me makes a good point.  There is a time issue for all of us and we should respect that of each other, especially with 14,000 (?) members.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

mrmst's avatar - disney14
                    Glen Burnie, MD
                    United States
                    Member #427
                    June 27, 2002
                    208 Posts
                    Posted: April 29, 2005, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Interesting that neither Cash Only nor LOTTOMIKE have commented on this particular thread...

MrMST

Good luck and have a Disney Day ºoºHiding Behind Computer

Greenwich, CT
                      United States
                      Member #4793
                      May 24, 2004
                      1822 Posts
                      Posted: April 29, 2005, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

I'm very passive-aggressive most of the time, which is why I never brought this up.  I'm sure that CO is sincere, but c'mon, I'm going to play NY Lotto when I want to play NY Lotto and I don't need a mother figure on LP to tell me otherwise.  As for Lottomike, I just find the large font tough to read, lol.  Nothin personal. 

Columbia City, Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #2978
                        December 9, 2003
                        381 Posts
                        Posted: April 29, 2005, 3:19 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I don't blame them. I wouldn't respond to such a petty attack, either.

LOTTOMIKE has made some significant posts to this forum, and CashOnly, well, what can I say about CashOnly that hasn't already been said? Many of his posts, while succinct, do provide a chuckle now and then, and just because he doesn't have a lot to say doesn't make his opinion any less significant than another. CashOnly is certainly passionate about the issues he cares about; I think it's obvious that he doesn't like annuity payments, and he's not about to let any of us forget it. We can't fault him for that.

I've said before that I don't like one or two word posts, and that I'd like to know why or how members reach their conclusions on any given topic. Yet, Todd has refrained from imposing a minimum word count for posting a response, and anyone who is familiar with my work on this forum can see why this policy is a blessing to most members. 

For those of you who have not read my posts in other threads, I'll state here that most of my comments are very lengthy and long-winded. The sad part is that they usually take longer to write than read, as I take great pains to ensure correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure in the finished document. Before I hit the "Post Reply" button, I proof-read my comments, rewrite anything I'm not happy with and, finally, I run the Spell-Check feature, which Todd was nice enough to include for our benefit. Once I'm satisfied with the content, I copy & paste the text to a blank email in case I lose my internet connection. However, in spite of all this careful preparation, mistakes do sometimes slip through. 

Todd requires none of this; it's my choice to follow these procedures because, if I'm going to take the trouble to write out my thoughts on a current topic, I want other interested members to be able to read them as easily as any newspaper article.

I could care less who has more posts than I do. Last time I checked, there was no prize offered in this category, so why does it even matter? If a topic interests you, write down your comments, no matter how brief, and push the button. The rest of us will either read them, or we won't, but my own experience has taught me that you're more likely to get a response to your own posts if you put a little thought into them first.

It's the discussion, the exchange of ideas and opinions that makes this forum what it is. Admittedly, Todd has also played a small role in the development and success of LotteryPost.com, but even he will tell you it's all about the members.

As many of you know, I have a fondness for controversial issues, and will jump into the fray with guns blazing. These are my favorite threads, as emotions run high on both sides of whatever topic is being discussed. When people become emotional, they tend to vent, and their true thoughts and feelings come pouring out, so their posts are full of thought -provoking commentary.

This is my element. I want to read comments that make me think about the issue. I want to hear your arguments so I can counter them with my own. I want to know why you disagree with me, so I can explain why your position is the wrong one. If you agree with something I've said (it could happen), then tell me why you agree; bring up a point supporting our perspective that I had neglected to mention, or perhaps another which had not occurred to me. Give me, and all the other members, something to THINK about. Give us a reason to contribute to the discussion.

If you're not feeling very verbal, though, or if your just not a wordy person, by all means, put your two cents in anyway. The forum is for everyone, not just for those of us who don't know when to shut up, because I believe that when someone has something to say, no matter how brief, he should be able to say it even though some others may think he should have put more into it than he has, as opposed to yet others like jim695 who just keep writing and writing and writing but don't really add anything to the subject being discussed other than lots and lots of text, which we have to wade through to see if we might reveal some nugget  that's actually relevant to the topic, and that could have been summed up in a sentence or two but instead is deeply hidden in volumes of useless commentary which goes on and on but never seems to come to a point, assuming there is a point, in which case it should be made in as brief a manner as possible but, for some reason, is never expressed briefly.

Now, be honest; don't you wish this had been written by LOTTOMIKE or CashOnly?

Keep 'em coming, fellas.

Come, Pinky; we must prepare for tomorrow night...

Jim

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19903 Posts
                          Posted: April 29, 2005, 4:25 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by Jake649 on April 29, 2005

CASH Only got too much of a lead to be overtaken by LOTTOMIKE any time soon.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                            Tennessee
                            United States
                            Member #7853
                            October 15, 2004
                            11338 Posts
                            Posted: April 29, 2005, 4:49 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by Jake649 on April 29, 2005

LOTTOMIKE - are you trying to catch up to Cash_Only in number of posts?

Try a new tactic - quality instead of quantity

Good luck,
                            Jake

hey there jake....i've posted a lot of significant topics since i've been here and if you look closely you'll find that out.i'm not going to turn this into a conflict with you because it isn't worth it.i enjoy the lottery very much and have won lots of money doing it.i will continue to post regardless of how you feel about it and if you don't like my posts don't read them.there are lots of friendly people here and everyone helps the other in the quest to win a major jackpot or whatever the goal may be.i like everyone here and hope i haven't offended anyone in any shape,form or fashion.anyway i didn't realize it but i may be guilty of an i agree or something of that response from time to time so i'll try my best to explain myself in further detail if it warrants doing it.i've really enjoyed being here and hope that i'll continue to be welcome here in the future,here's to many more wins and hopefully a major jackpot
                              North Dakota
                              United States
                              Member #13397
                              April 5, 2005
                              1623 Posts
                              Posted: April 29, 2005, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

That was very mature Lottomike.  Very well put.