What great cause would you give to
March 28, 2005
|Posted: May 7, 2005, 5:09 pm - IP Logged|
If you won the lottery what great cause would you give to? (Alzheimers, Cancer, etc.)
October 15, 2004
|Posted: May 7, 2005, 5:43 pm - IP Logged|
st. jude here in memphis,cancer research
July 11, 2003
|Posted: May 7, 2005, 6:26 pm - IP Logged|
The National Youth Rights Assoc. http://www.youthrights.org
April 5, 2005
|Posted: May 7, 2005, 8:04 pm - IP Logged|
I would donate some to my church and St Jude research.
February 13, 2005
|Posted: May 7, 2005, 10:43 pm - IP Logged|
feeding the hungry and helping poor people get healthcare
November 9, 2001
|Posted: May 7, 2005, 11:19 pm - IP Logged|
love to nibble those micey feet.
BIG D Texas
October 16, 2003
|Posted: May 8, 2005, 1:01 am - IP Logged|
Instead of donating to an existing cause I would create my own organization predicated on preforming "random acts of kindness". This way I would be able to see exactly who I'm helping. There are alot of existing charities that do great work, but (for example) I would much rather help an 80 year old lady pay her past due electric bill in the middle of January than to mail a check to a PO Box that's a thousand miles away...
June 3, 2003
|Posted: May 8, 2005, 3:52 am - IP Logged|
i might donate in some fashion to specific individuals that would come to my attention through local news stories or help at area fundraisers like those for our volunteer fire department and first responders who always need contributions and serve a very large rural area
... the lottery never fails to surprise!
Carters Lake, Ga.
June 29, 2004
|Posted: May 8, 2005, 7:00 am - IP Logged|
We have children right here in the U.S.A. going to bed hungry, not enough warm clothes or shoes to wear.
I would not give the money to some outfit that pays theirself before the children get anything. I would some how, some way get food and clothes to the children that need it.
........ in the long run........
September 17, 2003
|Posted: May 8, 2005, 2:36 pm - IP Logged|
For me - charity starts at home. Like buying one. I would probably be very cheap if I won. Too many winners make very bad promises after winning.
Yinzer Country, PA
March 18, 2004
|Posted: May 8, 2005, 3:04 pm - IP Logged|
depending on how much i win, i would donate to the following places.
1. I would ask Ohio University how much I need to donate to get a building named after me, preferably a residence hall.
2. I would donate a bit to my old AFJROTC unit from high school. I knew people who could not afford to go on the big trip, even though they participated in the fundraiser, and I think that they shold have enough money so everyone can go on the big trip and see a military base.
I've redone my website. Go to www.dr-ew.com. I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff. Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.
December 10, 2004
|Posted: May 8, 2005, 6:40 pm - IP Logged|
Red Cross or some other respected non religious charity so I can be sure my money is not wasted on religious ministries using the money for self promotion.
December 23, 2004
|Posted: May 8, 2005, 7:35 pm - IP Logged|
I would start a fund dedicated to helping current college students get out of credit card debt so they can have a 2nd chance and start their credit all over. Student loans don't count.
I like the "random acts of kindness" thing. that's an excellent idea.
December 23, 2004
|Posted: May 8, 2005, 7:43 pm - IP Logged|
oh! and I'd have a fund set up to offer study abroad grants. I'd also set up another fund for students who want to transfer to another school.
Requirements for transfer:
1. You must be on academic probation (1.9 gpa or below). I could allow up to a 2.1 GPA; because I know students with low GPAs are smart. They just either have bad or no study habits or just need a change.
2. You must have completed 50 hours.
3. Your prospective school must be in another state and that state has to be another region.
4. You must desperately be seeking a change from where you are to where you feel you could do much better in your new location.
That's all =)
June 5, 2002
|Posted: May 9, 2005, 9:34 am - IP Logged|