Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Winning: Reality -vs- fantasy

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Thomas Covenant.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Indiana
United States
Member #15284
May 12, 2005
6 Posts
Posted: May 12, 2005, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Hello, I am a first time poster here...but have been looking at this site off and on for a week or two now.

Thanks to the anonymous nature of the internet..I have to confess something. It's slighlty embarrasing:

I feel like I am actually going to win the powerball drawing. I just started buying tickets for about one and a half months. no more than 3 dollars at a time per bi-weekly drawing. But I feel like I am going to win and it feels as natural as me saying I am going to sleep tonight. Not a matter of if..but when.

I do not have mental or fantasy issues in my life. In fact, I think it's crazy with the odds like they are. But I have this deep feeling I am going to won.

Now, I am sure most people will say "koo-koo" :-) and that's ok..but what I am seeking is information ..am I the only one who feels this way or is it common among players. Has anyone ever won that felt the same way?

Also, anyone have a good site to read winners stories? they make me happy to read. It's always cool to hear how their life changes. I have read the negative stories too. :-(

I feel so silly posting all of this.

signed,

lottery wacko 

ineed9million's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg
    Philadelphia, PA
    United States
    Member #11436
    February 13, 2005
    176 Posts
    Posted: May 12, 2005, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

that makes two of us.  there is no doubt in my mind that i will win the powerball jackpot.  i have only been playing since late feb of this year and the closest i have come was a matching three white balls a few weeks ago...then last week i matched two white balls and the powerball.  considering i only play 4 dollars a week i think i'm on the right track.  let's just hope when we do win it will be when the jackpot is more than 10-15 million.

i have to confess that while i am confident that i am going to win....i have a feeling that when i do win i will be splitting the jackpot with someone else. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: May 12, 2005, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

You aren't alone, nobody buys a lottery ticket expecting to lose.  I've read posts of people who said they would have won had they only bought a ticket.  Welcome to the club.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: May 12, 2005, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

do you quick pick or choose your own numbers 9million?  i choose my own numbers but sometimes i might get a quick pick........

Chicago, IL
          United States
          Member #14541
          April 27, 2005
          6 Posts
          Posted: May 12, 2005, 9:57 pm - IP Logged

lottowacko.. i feel the exact same way as u do. i have even gone as far as designing the new house that will be built when i win.  i also have the organizations written down who i will donate money to. i dont play powerball though.. right now i concentrate on the little lotto and the lotto in the state of illinois.

i also look for websites that have lotto winners on em. i've made a book out of clippings from newspapers and magazines of folks who have won. i read those to keep me happy. i also enter a bunch of sweepstakes so when i win those, im more happy LOL. 

i know i will be more blessed than i already am. its just a matter of time!

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: May 12, 2005, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

i'm already looking for the clothes i'll wear when i go to the headquarters to claim my jackpot,a white shirt,blue jeans and black shoes,lol

Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: May 12, 2005, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

i have simple tastes but that don't mean i won't buy a couple of mansions and a collection of corvettes....

MMGuy's avatar - waveform
                Houston, Tx
                United States
                Member #13043
                March 28, 2005
                119 Posts
                Posted: May 12, 2005, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Same here, I have a plan of where I will buy my mansion "when" I will win the lottery, the number of rooms, bathrooms, gym, library, etc. I am ABSOLUTELY sure that I will win the lottery. I already know what cars I'm going to buy....ahem...Ferrari F430 Spyder, MB S65 AMG, Landrover Rangerover, just to name a few....cough, cough. Your not alone buddy.

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                  Member #9517
                  December 10, 2004
                  1272 Posts
                  Posted: May 12, 2005, 10:19 pm - IP Logged

I got that feeling a lot too, that I am going to win the jackpot one time in the future.

Still waiting...

I sitt in front of the TV watching the draws thinking I know it's my time this time and is preparing to go s.

But it didn't happen that draw either. But wait, once in the future it will happen. At least that's what I want to believe.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                    Mcminnville, Oregon
                    United States
                    Member #3013
                    December 13, 2003
                    3047 Posts
                    Posted: May 12, 2005, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

I like to day dream all the time about winning the powerball especially when the jackpot is on a run like it is now.  Then I window shop on the internet for high priced vehicles, houses, clothes you name it anything to keep the dream alive that someday I will win.

Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #15284
                      May 12, 2005
                      6 Posts
                      Posted: May 12, 2005, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

ha..that's great to see others feel the same..I don't feel so bad about it.

BUT, at the same time..If so many others didn't have that feeling I would feel more "unique" and more trustworthy of my gut feeling.

I too have a detailed plan for winnings. I hope to execute that plan oneday. It sure is fun to compile a list.

I only do quick pick at this point.

A dollar ticket for a little extra hope along the way is a good deal I think. 

LW 

Indiana
                        United States
                        Member #15284
                        May 12, 2005
                        6 Posts
                        Posted: May 12, 2005, 11:06 pm - IP Logged

If I ever won B I G I would own this: 

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/property_4_property_details.asp?ZONE=West+%3A+California&T1CATEGORY=&T2CATEGORY=&newlistings=&highprice=10000000&lowprice=0&beds=all&baths=&dispopt=photos&showarea=sqft&showresults=20&rental_type=&rentalprice=&pagenumber=1&ordering=PRICESORT%20DESC&propertynumber=1032478&qssearch=&lookoutID=&buildingid=&mylistingsyn=&prevmylistingsyn=&officeagentyn=&propsearchyn=&splash=&featuredyn=&fromrentyn=

New York, NY
                          United States
                          Member #13514
                          April 7, 2005
                          235 Posts
                          Posted: May 13, 2005, 10:13 am - IP Logged

I don't think you are wackaoo. I mean why play unless you really believe you will win?

I think when you do win it will be shocking, but you could be ready for it!!! I believe I will win also. If I did not believe it I would not bother playing.

I even have a detailed plan with how I would spend whatever sum of money, with priority being placed on paying down debt and taking classes.  

Morrison, IL
                            United States
                            Member #4657
                            May 13, 2004
                            1884 Posts
                            Posted: May 13, 2005, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

Same here, I have a plan of where I will buy my mansion "when" I will win the lottery, the number of rooms, bathrooms, gym, library, etc. I am ABSOLUTELY sure that I will win the lottery. I already know what cars I'm going to buy....ahem...Ferrari F430 Spyder, MB S65 AMG, Landrover Rangerover, just to name a few....cough, cough. Your not alone buddy.

I would not get a mansion if I won.  I'm smart enough to know the amount of time involved in taking care of such a large residence.  Paying people to do it is not a good idea either, unless you're going to continue to work after winning a jackpot, as those are the kind of expenses that drain your lottery winnings.

Indiana
                              United States
                              Member #15284
                              May 12, 2005
                              6 Posts
                              Posted: May 13, 2005, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

ok, I just bought my 3 quickpicks for Saturday's drawing. I am ready to go. :-)

Man, it would be so cool to get that Jackpot. I'm sure no one would argue that. I've got 3 sets of numbers that are all waiting for the great and powerful Oz to call them up!

I would buy a rather large house, but I am also aware of the external costs of upkeeping a property of that size. So location would be important for tax reasons and things.

L/W