Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Predicting lottery numbers by hocus pocus

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Pick-4_Master.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2005, 9:16 am - IP Logged

I use that term tongue-in-cheek, hocus pocus.  But it's a middling synopsis of the way people who've drawn boundary lines around their thinking as it pertains to metaphysics find themselves summarizing the methods people who use this forum utilize.

The only structured attempt by psychics, mystics, etc., I'm aware of, the only 'scientific' attempt to use these methods to predict the numbers to come up on a lottery are described in Jose Silva's autobiography, I've Got A Hunch

Silva found they were able to get the numbers correct time after time, but that the dates were wrong.  The attempt was made over an extended period of time during the 1960s using the Mexican Lottery.  Silva finally gave up the experiment without theorizing about the reasons for the failure.

I know of at least one person on the Digital Dowser list who's attempted to predict the pick 3 and pick 4 numbers in Illinois by skrying and RV.  Moderate success, but inconsistent.  His wins aren't so frequent that he trusts the method entirely.

I noticed a comment on another thread where someone into metaphysics asserted that psi methods are always correct, but that our interpretations are often wrong.  That's a common assertion in every group I've ever encountered who uses such methods, be it for healing, predicting the lottery numbers, dowsing water, other avenues of activity.  I'll confess I'm inclined to disagree.

I'm beginning this thread out of curiosity as to whether anyone's interested in pursuing a discussion about it. 

Jack

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: May 23, 2005, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Jack,

After reading your post, my sense is that you are very dismissive of mystical lottery prediction, and you're looking for people to defend their use of mystical methods.

Whether or not I agree with mystical methods, I recognize that I don't have all the answers myself,  so I can't say if they're wrong or right.

I think you may find that mystical predictors are not going to be inclined to debate this topic, because in many cases it is somewhat like debating faith.  You either believe it or you don't, but debating the validity of the subject is difficult (and frustrating) because there is no way to prove or disprove it.  As a result, many times such a debate ends with harsh words and hard feelings.

Recognizing this, mystical people avoid such discussions.  At least that's my take on it.

You may find a more fruitful discussion by observing some of the methods discussed here and asking more specific questions based on what is discussed.  (And maybe adding suggestions.)

The people who contribute to this particular forum have been very friendly and open to conversation, so long as the conversation is not close-minded.

My 2 cents.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: May 23, 2005, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd:

Evidently I've mis stated my position.  I'm not at all dismissive of any metaphysical, mystical, psi method of predicting numbers.  I'm hoping for a discussion of the matter, some thoughts exchanged and speculations about why it's so difficult, even for 'masters' such as Silva to do so.  I'm a total believer in the Silva methods.  I'm a psi healer by various methods including Silva ones.  I'm a successful dowser and a good many other things in this arena.

But I think we're all, including Silva, missing some vital element when it comes to predicting numbers.

I'd like to see some discussion on it.  I certainly didn't intend to communicate anything negative.  I'll leave that for the folks from the other forums when they feel the need to spill off a little poison.

I'd go a step further and allow myself to be amazed that anyone could think me on the opposing side to the metaphysical after reading my posts and blog entries over the past months.

Jack

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: May 23, 2005, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Oh, OK, sorry for the misunderstanding.  Thank you for that clarification!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: May 23, 2005, 11:50 am - IP Logged

The third eye is sometimes found in gifted people. People born with part of the placenta covering part of their forhead or eyes are concidered gifted in these ways. Wether concious or subconcious many people have visions and can use them for all sorts of things. I have won more money playing the lottery 5 minutes before the lottery cut of time picking the number that wins off the top of my head. Than writeing down the numbers i thought might be the winning ones before time.

New Mexico
            United States
            Member #12305
            March 10, 2005
            2984 Posts
            Posted: May 23, 2005, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the observation, Four4me.  I have an idea what you've observed is a crucial piece of what we're missing.  It goes hand in hand with comments on various threads of people noticing when they make predictions here the numbers never show up on their own lotteries, but pop up on lotteries everywhere else, instead.

I have some suspicions about why that happens, but I'm seriously hoping to see some ideas from others.

I agree the third eye is also a vital element to almost everything involving psi.  I'd generally been of the opinion that it's merely a matter of learning to open it, but maybe it's as you say.  I hope not, for the sake of all the folks who'd like to, but haven't succeeded.

Thanks again for sharing your views on it.

Jack

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: May 23, 2005, 3:12 pm - IP Logged

I can't explain it in it metaphysical form but my Great grandmother my mother and i all were able to preform some of these things like see into the future appear in different places out of body experiances communicate without speaking and stuff like that. My mother said that the Gypsies in the old country (Italy) were all able to do things like that.

In the 60's and 70's when TM-ing was popular i was told that meditation was the key and getting to that place in your thought process where everything is blocked out. When i was a kid this was easy as times were more quite back then. Today with scirens and outside noise getting in the way it's a lot harder to get to that place in the meditation prcoess.

i suppose that if one were out in the desert or the tundra of one of the poles that they could reach that point also refered to as the golden string where your mind is streched out over a long distance. A person has to be careful doing this because if the string is broken you might not make it back.

Not altogether linked to this the other night (Last thursday) i woke from a dream early one morning a plane had crashed in the dream blood spilled from the plane and ran towards a child toy. This past weekend a small plane crashed on the beach in florida. Conisedence or preminition i don't know. That dream really shook me up because in the dream it was trying to land on a highway. And at first i thought in the dream i was on the plane then all of the sudden i was on a bridge above the plane looking down on it as it flew towards the ground. When it crashed i was on the ground behind it. The whole thing about the dream was like i was a part of it but not really.

New Mexico
                United States
                Member #12305
                March 10, 2005
                2984 Posts
                Posted: May 23, 2005, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

Not altogether linked to this the other night (Last thursday) i woke from a dream early one morning a plane had crashed in the dream blood spilled from the plane and ran towards a child toy. This past weekend a small plane crashed on the beach in florida. Conisedence or preminition i don't know. That dream really shook me up because in the dream it was trying to land on a highway. And at first i thought in the dream i was on the plane then all of the sudden i was on a bridge above the plane looking down on it as it flew towards the ground. When it crashed i was on the ground behind it. The whole thing about the dream was like i was a part of it but not really.

Interesting.  Any thoughts on the connection between the 'you' in the dream and one of the people in the crash?

When I was a youngster I hated to go to bed at night because of OBEs..... They simply happened and they terrified me in a way that overwhelmed fear of anything in this reality.  Nothing in this life could compare to the horror of those 'nightmares', which is what my parents believed they were.  Somewhere during the process I lost my fear of them. 

In addition to the OBEs, as a child I began a series of sequencial dreams in two separate realities other than this one, two distinctive people in those dream places.  With some breaks on and off through the years the dreams have continued beginning when I was a pre-schooler and lasting until maybe a month ago or less. 

But my abilities to dowse, to heal at a distance, to stop pain almost instantly half a continent away hasn't shown itself to include any precognitive talents.  I'd call myself a fair hand at making things happen on an energy level, and a dead loss at looking into the future with any success. 

I don't recall at what point I noticed the third eye business, but I see that as something that has to happen before anything else does.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Jack

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31343 Posts
                  Posted: May 23, 2005, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

The third eye is sometimes found in gifted people. People born with part of the placenta covering part of their forhead or eyes are concidered gifted in these ways. Wether concious or subconcious many people have visions and can use them for all sorts of things. I have won more money playing the lottery 5 minutes before the lottery cut of time picking the number that wins off the top of my head. Than writeing down the numbers i thought might be the winning ones before time.

born with a caul

love to nibble those micey feet.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: May 24, 2005, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Rip no connection to me as far as i know i didn't read about the plane crash just saw it on the news and almost dismissed it because it didn't happen on a highway. But just because it didn't happen on a highway dosen't mean it wasen't about my dream. I say it was a dream but it was more like you describe as twilight sleep that last dream before you wake. This is the time i also say the first number that pops up in my mind and wirte it down. Since i spend a great deal of time trying to project whick number might win. It has worked for me a few times.

That feeling your supposed to get during meditation has been described as a pop or soft bell like sound you have to experiance it and not let it distract you if during the meditation process you get to the point once you cross over then you are in the tm mode. At this point nothing should disturb you from the goal you seek.

If one has the place where no background noise is present or the mental capacity to block out everything like a ball player or pro pool shooter does during competition you should be able to Tm. when i was younger i used a single white candle and staired at it until everything became dark and all excess thoughts were out of my mind then when i reached the poping stage if i made it that far and could go past that point i could see and feel all kinds of conections to the universe as it everything was one big picture puzzle but with all the pieces in place. A universal language all kinds of neat stuff. Which back then was also scary to me mainly because i was to young to understand it.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8360 Posts
                      Posted: May 24, 2005, 12:39 am - IP Logged

born with a caul

thank's Emilyg i couldn't remember the word

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: May 24, 2005, 6:49 am - IP Logged

here a few years ago out of the blue i had vivid thoughts of a sports team in a crashing plane and thought to myself well thats probably impossible but not long after that i think it was oklahoma state had their team crash in a plane,that was pretty strange,also i had a dream here recently where i was in one of the twin towers right before one of the planes hit on 9/11,i saw people all in a circle at a conference table bowing their heads in prayer and looked out the window then ran toward an elevator and thats when i woke up....whew

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: May 24, 2005, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Mike:

Ever done any dreaming  about balls with numbers on them?

J

New Mexico
                            United States
                            Member #12305
                            March 10, 2005
                            2984 Posts
                            Posted: May 24, 2005, 11:52 am - IP Logged

Four4me:

While I was thinking about your comments I went back and did some reading about similar accounts by various writers and researchers.  Evidently the dreaming of events related to gambling matters happens more frequently than we might imagine.  One of the more interesting ones involves Wilbur Wright, which resulted in Wright doing considerable research to try and understand what was happening.

Wright wasn't interested in horse racing, but he kept having dreams of being at the racetrack and asking the guy next to him who'd won the last race.  He related the dream to friends, along with the names of the winners.  Turned out the horses, names of which he'd never encountered elsewhere, won the races he'd dreamed about.  The friends did place bets and made a fair piece of change as a result.

Incidently, Wright also had a dream in 1972 about a Russian airliner crashing into a crowded airfield at the Paris airshow, which it did.

Colin Wilson has a couple of chapters devoted to this sort of thing in Beyond the Occult, if you're interested.

Thanks for the anecdotes and thoughts,

Jack

New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #12305
                              March 10, 2005
                              2984 Posts
                              Posted: May 24, 2005, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Afterthought:

At the beginning of this thread I mentioned the futile efforts described in his autobiography by Jose Silva to predict the Mexican lottery results.  I probably should have gone a step further to explain why he became interested in trying.

In 1949, Silva was running an electronics repair shop in Laredo, Texas, but working on developing the mental powers techniques he was later to publish in various forms, along with seminars and traing sessions.  The numbers 343, then 373 came to him in a dream.  He searched every possibility he could imagine for what the numbers might mean.  Then he happened to go across the border into Mexico to buy some alcohol for his wife and saw the numbers available in the store where he was buying the booze.  He bought a ticket, the first lottery ticket he'd ever bought, and won $10K.

That aroused his interest.

In Chapter 7, of  The Silva Mind Control Method, by Jose Silva and Philip Miele, published in 1977, Silva describes a number of people winning lotteries using his methods, but he says most don't wish to have their names mentioned.  He does name Regina Fornecker, Rockford, ILL, $300,000, David Sickich of Chicago, $300,000, Francis Moroni of Chicago, $50,000, and John Fleming, Buffalo NY, $50,000.

Since the chapter is devoted to creative sleep, I assume the particular method they must have used involved his dreaming techniques.

Felt I needed to add this info for clarification.

Jack