Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone get numbers from kids?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 12 years ago by emilyg.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
Alaska
United States
Member #16217
May 27, 2005
287 Posts
Posted: May 27, 2005, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I am new to this site. I used to play my state's pick 3 and pick 4 pretty regularly. I would get my daughter to give me numbers. It was funny but if I asked her to give me a number on Sunday, it would usually fall sometime during the week. I was on a roll there for a while (about 6 months).  Then I guess she got tired of me asking her for numbers and just quit. Anyway, I tried picking my own numbers and went through a serious slump and after a couple of months of losing I decided to quit while I was ahead.  I was just wondering if anyone else ever got numbers from their kids and what were the results. I think that kids have this intuition that most adults lose when we get older. My husband thinks that it is just that the numbers my daughter came up with were more random than the ones I came up with on my own. For example I would use my address or birthday or locker combo so he said that the numbers were not truly random the way my daughter's numbers were. Any one have any ideas about these theories? -Bonnie

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: May 27, 2005, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

someone had the idea once that to keep a ball drawing completely honest you could put a bunch of babies in a vat of numbered balls and whichever ones they picked up were the winning numbers since babies are unbiased and can't be corrupted that early in life.....

Alaska
      United States
      Member #16217
      May 27, 2005
      287 Posts
      Posted: May 28, 2005, 11:01 pm - IP Logged

That brings up an interesting point, and you are right. I have been watching my state's Fantasy Five and of course there seem to be numbers that come up more often and other numbers that seem to never come up. My husband thinks that even though the lottery is, for the most part, random; each number is just the teeniest bit different from other numbers. Like when the numbers get painted on the balls it may make one ball just the smallest bit less aerodynamic than another ball.  So the less aerodynamic ball may fall less than the more aerodynamic one. I have heard that they use a different set of balls for each and every draw but my husband swears that this would make no difference because the same amount of paint would be needed to paint each 8, each 10, and so on. Does this make any sence? Anyway, babies picking the balls seems like a wonderful idea. -Bonnie

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8393 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2005, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Bonnie your husband is partially right but not completly. The process they use to make the balls varies slightly but not enought to affect the outcome of the draw. it is still a random event. The balls numbers are silkscreened these days and not painted on. There is also several coats of clear lacquer on them. Each ball has a specific weight and falls within a specific weight parameter not varying a few tenth's of a gram from one another. He is right when he says that some balls might be different diameters however they also have a tolerence that must fall within a given parameter.

All the lottery balls for all the games in the usa are made to some pretty strict tollerances or are rejected to the scrap bin and destroyed. Not only are the balls examined at the facilities that make them the are also checked at the various states lottery divisions.

Your state might use a different set of balls for each drawing but i doubt that each set is new. The balls do have some expectant life cycle before they start chiping or cracking. So it's more like they rotate them.

Alaska
          United States
          Member #16217
          May 27, 2005
          287 Posts
          Posted: May 29, 2005, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the info four4me. I found that little tid bit about the balls fascinating.

Back to the original reasoning behind this thread. I have been thinking alot about the time period in which my daughter was giving me numbers. The way it started was on Feb 24, 2002, I was expecting my son. He was due on March 17, of that year. My daughter's birthday is March 2. My brother and I were talking about my daughter's up coming birthday. It would be her first. My husband wanted my son to be born on her birthday but I didn't. So for some reason I just asked my daughter if the baby would come on her birthday. I was shocked when she shook her head, "no." So I asked her if he would come on the next day. Again she shook her head. "no." I then asked her if he would come on the 4th, 5th or 6th, each in succession. Each time she would shake her head. When I got to the 7th she said, "Yeah!" There have been so many people who don't believe she predicted this but my brother was right there. I told my husband when he got home that the baby would be coming on the 7th. He just said "we'll see." Well he was born on the 7th. She was right. The same night that she told me when my son was to be born my husband told me to ask her what the lottery numbers would be. She gave me the number 012. If you go back and look at the GA lottery history you will see that 120 fell the next evening. I didn't play it. But I remember it because it shocked us so.

I was reading in the "hocus pocus" thread about the third eye. I wonder if my daughter has this. She was born prematurely with a placenta previa. Came very close to being a c-section. I'm thinking that the placenta previa would mean that the placenta very well could have been lying along her forehead. I was also reading about how bad you want something may affect whether it happens or not. This may also explain why we were hitting so regularly for 6 months and then bust. I will get to that later if anyone is interested but I don't want this one post to be rediculously long. -Bonnie

Alaska
            United States
            Member #16217
            May 27, 2005
            287 Posts
            Posted: May 29, 2005, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

Oh by the way she gave me the number 523 for the cash 3. We will see if it comes up sometime this week. -Bonnie

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31537 Posts
              Posted: May 29, 2005, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

atlas shrugged - as in ayn rand?????

love to nibble those micey feet.

Alaska
                United States
                Member #16217
                May 27, 2005
                287 Posts
                Posted: May 29, 2005, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

That would be the one. I really like Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead, and Anthem. I'm not quite as wild about her nonfiction works. -Bonnie

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                  Member #14
                  November 9, 2001
                  31537 Posts
                  Posted: May 29, 2005, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

same here.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Alaska
                    United States
                    Member #16217
                    May 27, 2005
                    287 Posts
                    Posted: May 29, 2005, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Cool! Wonder what she would have thought about using mysticism to devine lottery numbers? Probably not too highly. -Bonnie

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                      light on my feet
                      United States
                      Member #356
                      May 20, 2002
                      2744 Posts
                      Posted: May 30, 2005, 12:29 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the info four4me. I found that little tid bit about the balls fascinating.

Back to the original reasoning behind this thread. I have been thinking alot about the time period in which my daughter was giving me numbers. The way it started was on Feb 24, 2002, I was expecting my son. He was due on March 17, of that year. My daughter's birthday is March 2. My brother and I were talking about my daughter's up coming birthday. It would be her first. My husband wanted my son to be born on her birthday but I didn't. So for some reason I just asked my daughter if the baby would come on her birthday. I was shocked when she shook her head, "no." So I asked her if he would come on the next day. Again she shook her head. "no." I then asked her if he would come on the 4th, 5th or 6th, each in succession. Each time she would shake her head. When I got to the 7th she said, "Yeah!" There have been so many people who don't believe she predicted this but my brother was right there. I told my husband when he got home that the baby would be coming on the 7th. He just said "we'll see." Well he was born on the 7th. She was right. The same night that she told me when my son was to be born my husband told me to ask her what the lottery numbers would be. She gave me the number 012. If you go back and look at the GA lottery history you will see that 120 fell the next evening. I didn't play it. But I remember it because it shocked us so.

I was reading in the "hocus pocus" thread about the third eye. I wonder if my daughter has this. She was born prematurely with a placenta previa. Came very close to being a c-section. I'm thinking that the placenta previa would mean that the placenta very well could have been lying along her forehead. I was also reading about how bad you want something may affect whether it happens or not. This may also explain why we were hitting so regularly for 6 months and then bust. I will get to that later if anyone is interested but I don't want this one post to be rediculously long. -Bonnie

atlas,

let me see if i am following you correctly.  are you saying that your daughter gave you the numbers 012 prior to her turning 1 year old???

and that she also knew what you were talking about when you asked her about the dates 4th,  5th , 6th and 7th???

20/20

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

four4me's avatar - gate1
                        MD
                        United States
                        Member #1701
                        June 18, 2003
                        8393 Posts
                        Posted: May 30, 2005, 1:16 am - IP Logged

Who is John Galt   ............... Atlas Shrugged a book i have read only about 6 chapters in the last ten years once in a while i pick it up and read a few pages. maybe one day i will finish it

Bonnie kids have an unbiased opinion of numbers and they are intuitive so many things are possible with them. They have abilities to learn real fast at a young age especially if they are around other children.

Alaska
                          United States
                          Member #16217
                          May 27, 2005
                          287 Posts
                          Posted: May 30, 2005, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Visiondude, yes, my daughter gave me that first number about a week before her first birthday. It wasn't like she was only 6 months old and giving me numbers. She had already started talking a little bit. I don't really think that she is gifted intelectually or anything like that, I just spent alot of time with her (and still do) reading, counting and other learning type activities. As far as whether she understood what I was talking about with the dates, I can't say. Man, I wish I could get my brother on here to back me up! He was there.

Four4me, it took me about 3 years to finally get around to reading Atlas Shrugged after my husband got it and begged me to read it. I did the same thing as you. I would read a few pages and put it down. The biggining of it is very slow and it took me about 100 pages to finally get into it but once you get over that hump, so to speak, it gets to where you don't want to put it down.

As for the kids' intuition. I think you are right but I just wonder if my daughter is more tuned in to it than others. My son, for example, has never given me any numbers that I can recall. I got that 523 from my daughter yesterday evening. I may get another number from my son and see what happens. In the past, numbers my daughter gave me would usually fall with in a week or 10 days. Most often in that first week.

I should also add, I suppose, that right now I am not playing numbers. I am just tracking them. I try not to play when I don't have the money to lose. 

Alaska
                            United States
                            Member #16217
                            May 27, 2005
                            287 Posts
                            Posted: May 30, 2005, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Ok, my son just gave me the number 473. So now I have 523 and 473. If anyone decides to play these, I would strongly advise boxing them. Even when I was hitting off of my daughter's numbers, they only came up strait one time in the whole 6 months I was hitting.

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                              light on my feet
                              United States
                              Member #356
                              May 20, 2002
                              2744 Posts
                              Posted: May 30, 2005, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

Visiondude, yes, my daughter gave me that first number about a week before her first birthday. It wasn't like she was only 6 months old and giving me numbers. She had already started talking a little bit. I don't really think that she is gifted intelectually or anything like that, I just spent alot of time with her (and still do) reading, counting and other learning type activities. As far as whether she understood what I was talking about with the dates, I can't say. Man, I wish I could get my brother on here to back me up! He was there.

Four4me, it took me about 3 years to finally get around to reading Atlas Shrugged after my husband got it and begged me to read it. I did the same thing as you. I would read a few pages and put it down. The biggining of it is very slow and it took me about 100 pages to finally get into it but once you get over that hump, so to speak, it gets to where you don't want to put it down.

As for the kids' intuition. I think you are right but I just wonder if my daughter is more tuned in to it than others. My son, for example, has never given me any numbers that I can recall. I got that 523 from my daughter yesterday evening. I may get another number from my son and see what happens. In the past, numbers my daughter gave me would usually fall with in a week or 10 days. Most often in that first week.

I should also add, I suppose, that right now I am not playing numbers. I am just tracking them. I try not to play when I don't have the money to lose. 

atlas,

thats why i was curious.  i have had the pleasure of being around alot of kids that were very "bright" for their age,  but to my recollection none of them could speak much beyond putting two words together past the usual mommy and daddy at that age.  and i never saw one that had a handle on numbers, especially stringing 3 numbers together. 

so are you saying that your daughter could count starting at (0) at that age as well?  and if she did, how high could she go?  and did she understand what you meant when you asked her for "lottery numbers"?

20/20

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday