Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone get numbers from kids?

Topic closed. 26 replies. Last post 12 years ago by emilyg.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
Alaska
United States
Member #16217
May 27, 2005
287 Posts
Posted: May 30, 2005, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Ok let me see if I can explain this. You are not the only one who has been skeptical. No my daughter could not count from zero to nine when she was a year old. I got the pick 3 numbers from her in the same way that she told me the day her brother was going to come. What I would do is start counting with zero and go to nine and I wrote down each number when she nodded her head "yes." Often I would have to go through the numbers twice. But as soon as I got an afirmative nod from her I would stop, write down the number and then go to the next digit, again starting at zero and going to nine until I got an afirmative nod. Also I don't really think that she had any idea what she was doing. But I don't know for sure. I mean do we have any idea really what kids do and don't know before they are able to communicate with words? I don't know why it worked, I just know it did. That is why I put this thread in the mystical forum. It is quite unexplainable. Or at least I think it is unexplainable. -Bonnie

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
    light on my feet
    United States
    Member #356
    May 20, 2002
    2744 Posts
    Posted: May 31, 2005, 12:24 am - IP Logged

ok,  i understand what happened a little bit more now.

i thought that you were saying that your daughter at 1 year old,  recognized numbers and or numerical value.  i was just about ready to advise you to get an agent, write a book or sell the movie rights for the big bucks.  "she" would have been your "lottery"  (lol)

but since children at that age don't understand numbers/numerical value,  it was most likely a coincedence.  but, thats my opinion.  you will find plenty of people in the mystical forum that will put some sort of stock in it.

my best to you.  you seem like an excellant mom and thats a good thing...

20/20

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: May 31, 2005, 12:42 am - IP Logged

common now they do a lot of studies with infants and if you start really early you can teach children all kinds of stuff. like sign language and such. infants also have some inherated faculties like if they went crawling up a V shaped ramp and got to the top instead of trying to crawl down forwards they would either retreat backwards down the way they came up or turn around and go down the other side backwards. For some reason the knew instinctivly not the try and go down the other side face forward.  

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
        Member #5344
        June 30, 2004
        23641 Posts
        Posted: May 31, 2005, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I am new to this site. I used to play my state's pick 3 and pick 4 pretty regularly. I would get my daughter to give me numbers. It was funny but if I asked her to give me a number on Sunday, it would usually fall sometime during the week. I was on a roll there for a while (about 6 months).  Then I guess she got tired of me asking her for numbers and just quit. Anyway, I tried picking my own numbers and went through a serious slump and after a couple of months of losing I decided to quit while I was ahead.  I was just wondering if anyone else ever got numbers from their kids and what were the results. I think that kids have this intuition that most adults lose when we get older. My husband thinks that it is just that the numbers my daughter came up with were more random than the ones I came up with on my own. For example I would use my address or birthday or locker combo so he said that the numbers were not truly random the way my daughter's numbers were. Any one have any ideas about these theories? -Bonnie

I guess My hubby is a kid at heart..  When I play his number, it hits within the week.

I ask kids at work to give me numbers.. sometimes they hit, sometimes they are just real close..

I am playing powerball numbers that my granddaughter colored in for me a few months back..

She had colored in some winning cash 3 numbers in the past as well..

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: May 31, 2005, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Kids can be unbelievable at times..

Last Christmas I got my granddaughter a CandyLand Game for Christmas. The first time we played she knew how.. so I thought, super cool, someone else has been playing this with her.. Not only did she know how, she knew when I was winning and she would move me backwards when she moved my man.. (she knew how to cheat) Remind you, she turned 3 that Oct.

When I asked her parents, who taught her, they said they would find out. They didn't have the game and my gdaughter only stayed with three other people. those people didn't have the game either.

I got the game back out to show her mom , and to my surprise , she knew the items on the board.. Grandma Nut and so forth.. this kid cannot read.. So What happened there?  Had she played this in a previous life?  We still have unanswered questions about this one..

Alaska
            United States
            Member #16217
            May 27, 2005
            287 Posts
            Posted: May 31, 2005, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

tntea, I agree with you. It is so hard to know what kids know and don't know. Here's another non lottery story concerning my little brother. When I was 6 and he was 3, my grandmother decided to take a trip to see my aunt. My brother pretty much always went where ever my grandmother and me went. However on this particular day he told my grandmother that he didn't want to go because her car was going, "to get stuck in a ditch." Well my grandmother lost control of the car and we ended up having a horrible accident. And guess where the car ended up? In a ditch. I have had much better and more consistent success with the numbers I have gotten from my daughter than any system I have tried. I guess we will see at the end of the week if either of the two numbers I got from my kids this week pan out. -Bonnie

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
              Florence, Alabama
              United States
              Member #8658
              November 13, 2004
              1993 Posts
              Posted: May 31, 2005, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes I ask my wife for a number and usually it falls within the week. Of course I never play the number for more then 2 days because I forget the number she gave me until it comes out. My daughter told me to play 001 so I'm on that number until it comes out here in Ky.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

Alaska
                United States
                Member #16217
                May 27, 2005
                287 Posts
                Posted: May 31, 2005, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

ok,  i understand what happened a little bit more now.

i thought that you were saying that your daughter at 1 year old,  recognized numbers and or numerical value.  i was just about ready to advise you to get an agent, write a book or sell the movie rights for the big bucks.  "she" would have been your "lottery"  (lol)

but since children at that age don't understand numbers/numerical value,  it was most likely a coincedence.  but, thats my opinion.  you will find plenty of people in the mystical forum that will put some sort of stock in it.

my best to you.  you seem like an excellant mom and thats a good thing...

20/20

Visiondude, how I do wish that could be the case. I still believe there was more to it than just coincidence. The main reason is because the streak just lasted so long. After that number I got from her in February, I didn't get any more numbers for about 2 months or so. And I just chalked that one time up to coincidence. But then my husband decided to quit his job and go back to school. I couldn't go to work because I really don't have any marketable skills so I was looking at only making about $6 an hour and with daycare costing me $180 per week, it just wouldn't have been worth it. (And believe me, I was furious with the hubby for doing this without having a plan but I made a vow to him "for richer or poorer...) So when we got down to about $20, I made the decision to get another number from my daughter. I played that number 6 way combo for the next three draws and on the third draw, it hit. That was the 605 that fell on May 7, 2002. From that week until November of that same year, I would get a new number from her every Saturday evening or Sunday morning and play it comboed until it fell. So, like, if she gave me 123 on Sunday and it fell Wednesday evening, I would not play for the rest of the week. We literally lived off the lottery for that time period. In November my husband finished his schooling and got a job and my daughter refused to give me any more numbers. Or at least not nearly as regularly as she was during that particular 6 months.

Again going back to the hocus pocus thread, I saw someone post that numbers falling may have to do with how bad you want it to fall. Believe me, I wanted those numbers to fall every week.  -Bonnie

United States
                  Member #916
                  December 12, 2002
                  18335 Posts
                  Posted: May 31, 2005, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Interesting subject.....my youngest daughter gave me a number last month, i played it that day and brought it back the next day and I caught a straight and a straightbox.....it was the most amazing thing,,,,

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                    Member #14
                    November 9, 2001
                    31347 Posts
                    Posted: May 31, 2005, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

i totally believe.  on a different note - when dad was in nursing home - a patient there would call out some numbers and sure enough they would come. 

love to nibble those micey feet.

Alaska
                      United States
                      Member #16217
                      May 27, 2005
                      287 Posts
                      Posted: May 31, 2005, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

emilyg, I think that goes right along with what I am talking about. You know how when people get older maybe because of alzheimers or maybe just from being older, they become more childlike. Like they get that innocence back or something. Beats me. -Bonnie

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                        Member #14
                        November 9, 2001
                        31347 Posts
                        Posted: May 31, 2005, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

yes - and they're not inhibited -  em

love to nibble those micey feet.