Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Post Chatroom

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What do you think of the Lottery Post Chatroom hours?

Perfect the way they are [ 8 ]  [30.77%]
Should be open 1 hour longer [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
Open 4 hours [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Open 5 hours [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Open 6 hours [ 2 ]  [7.69%]
Open 12 hours [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Open all day Sunday [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
Open all weekend [ 14 ]  [53.85%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
Florence, Alabama
United States
Member #8658
November 13, 2004
1993 Posts
Posted: June 10, 2005, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

I was wondering if anyone else who used or tried to use the chatroom would like the hours changed. I try to use it but because of my work schedule I miss the hours that it is open.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

SirMetro's avatar - center
    East of Atlanta
    United States
    Member #6191
    August 11, 2004
    1389 Posts
    Posted: June 10, 2005, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps it's just me, but I think if the server and bandwidth is available, perhaps it would be nice to maybe have it open 24/7. Or perhaps just an idea to incorporate into the pay area for the 24/7 while maintaining the current chat schedule for the non-paying members. Just my usuall unwanted 10 cents worth (2 cents cost, 4 cents inflation, 3 cents tax & 1 cent penalty fee for speaking).

Sir Metro

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
      Florence, Alabama
      United States
      Member #8658
      November 13, 2004
      1993 Posts
      Posted: June 10, 2005, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I like the idea you have SirMetro but 24/7 I think is impossible at this time. I think if the turn out on the chatroom is large enough, maybe there could be longer hours. There is no reason to have a chatroom open if no one is on it or the turn out is too low. I don't usually do this but I'm going to post Todd's quote to me.

"The problem is that many people say they want it open for a long time - or maybe all the time - but then the participation is so low that it's a useless feature.  In order for me to keep it as a LP feature, it must be limited in scope and it have good participation.  Otherwise, it's not worth the money or maintenance necessary."

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
        Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11338 Posts
        Posted: June 10, 2005, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

i work nights including sundays but i'm ok with just posting.i like posting mostly too busy moving around got a baby and that takes up a lot of attention.......

takeitez's avatar - japheth
          Carters Lake, Ga.
          United States
          Member #5313
          June 29, 2004
          1065 Posts
          Posted: June 10, 2005, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

I would like to visit the chat room. I have tried every week but all I ever get is a picture of a cup of coffee!

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31342 Posts
            Posted: June 10, 2005, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

used to go in easily - can't get into chatroom past 2 tries

love to nibble those micey feet.

MMGuy's avatar - waveform
              Houston, Tx
              United States
              Member #13043
              March 28, 2005
              119 Posts
              Posted: June 10, 2005, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

It should be open all weekend.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: June 10, 2005, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

I have received zero, zippo complaints about someone not being able to get in, so I guess everything works perfectly.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
                  Member #9517
                  December 10, 2004
                  1272 Posts
                  Posted: June 10, 2005, 2:10 pm - IP Logged

I would like to visit the chat room. I have tried every week but all I ever get is a picture of a cup of coffee!

ez

That would be a cup of Java!

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: June 10, 2005, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

I have received zero, zippo complaints about someone not being able to get in, so I guess everything works perfectly.

This is not a complaint it's not your fault that people are having trouble getting in. This is possibly another AOL problem and java script. Todd AOL cache pages load up real fast if people using AOL go from topic to topic and pages to page. If they don't clear their cache, history, and do a disk clean up every other day or so when we try and enter the chat room we sometimes have to wait for the java consol to open. it takes a few minutes. I think it's because so much cache is already loaded in peoples PC's that use AOL. When i clean my PC and open the chat room i am almost connected within 30 seconds. If i don't clean my PC's cache it could take as long as 5 minutes for the console to open.
                    Some of your listers are not computer savvy as you are and when they can't do something connected to your site they automatically think it must be a problem with the site. When in fact it's their pc or isp or browser which is at fault.
                    This pc i'm using is seven years old doesn't even have a cd rom read write drive in it. It's just on or two steps above a 486 and for the most part works great. If i am able to keep this pc functioning and using your site i am doing one heck of a job because your site has a lot of things happening that require this pc to respond to tasks that newer pc's would be able to do without blinking an eye. I have packed this pc with every upgrade i could to improve it's performance and had to do this in order to use your site. Because when it had just factory installed components it was not able to keep up with your sites features it would freeze and lock up all the time. Mind you this was not just happening on your site but on other sites i visited as well.
                    This Sunday i will try and enter the chatroom without cleaning my cache and if it takes longer than 3 minutes for the room to open providing it's not full. I will then clean the cache and see if it loads faster.
                    Also if the room is full is there a window or message that says room is full so people will know it's not you site or their pc that's at fault.  
                      Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                      Clarkston, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #76
                      January 6, 2002
                      8528 Posts
                      Posted: June 10, 2005, 3:29 pm - IP Logged

Actually, Todd, if it is feasible, I think the 24/7 is an excellent idea for Gold and Platinum members only.......if people want to have it open all the time, they should consider paying for it.  I really don't understand why people don't want a Platinum or Gold membership.  This site is filled with goodies for those in membership......and the cost is so low it is unbelieveable that more people do not have that membership...........the search results option is what I use the most and it is an awesome tool.  I also like the deflate option..........<shaking head>..I just don't understand......

I was there last Sunday when the attendance was lower than when I normally see in previous weeks.  Could be just the season........I really don't think the interest has waned.  In Michigan, some of the people go north for the weekend with cottages, etc........and I am sure some of the other states have that also.....24/7 would be available to people who are busy on the weekends.

Sandy

Poway CA (San Diego County)
                        United States
                        Member #3489
                        January 25, 2004
                        14120 Posts
                        Posted: June 10, 2005, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Todd has already explained the problems associated with having a chat room open 24 hours.  There are liabilities that he, rightfully so, doesn't want to risk.  Look what just happened to tntea.  That weirdo that is bothering her would love to have a chat room open 24 hours.  I don't use the chat room, but I support having it for a limited time so it can be controlled.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: June 10, 2005, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

ez

Is that with sugar and creme  or just black?

lol

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                            Member #5344
                            June 30, 2004
                            23641 Posts
                            Posted: June 10, 2005, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I am rarely off on Sunday evenings.. I have missed the chats..

And the cup of coffee....  (with sugar and creme..)

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                              Member #2338
                              September 17, 2003
                              2063 Posts
                              Posted: June 10, 2005, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

I like the idea of longer hours considering time differences, etc. It could also be more like IRC if Todd doesn't want to be the monitor so other moderators can prevent weido's , flame wars or other problems. I'm sure Todd has enough to do managing the site.