Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Post Chatroom

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 11 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What do you think of the Lottery Post Chatroom hours?

Perfect the way they are [ 8 ]  [30.77%]
Should be open 1 hour longer [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
Open 4 hours [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Open 5 hours [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Open 6 hours [ 2 ]  [7.69%]
Open 12 hours [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Open all day Sunday [ 1 ]  [3.85%]
Open all weekend [ 14 ]  [53.85%]
Total Valid Votes [ 26 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 8 ]  
Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
Clarkston, Michigan
United States
Member #76
January 6, 2002
8528 Posts
Posted: June 11, 2005, 12:05 am - IP Logged

CD, I was just giving an opinion.  I am entitled to that.  Also, Todd may speak up for himself.  Nowhere do I see anything about liabilities.

It's no skin off your nose that it isn't open more hours, you don't even go there I don't think. 

And as far as weirdos go, the tntea thing is something that occurred outside of the lottery post in her personal life that propelled him in here. I really don't think "weirdos" frequent this place much.

I enjoy input from other members.  I have gotten quite a few wins off of Sunday Chat.  I would like to see it more often. 

That is my opinion as someone who uses it.

Sandy

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: June 11, 2005, 12:10 am - IP Logged

Maybe the platinum members can be the mods.

Never used the chat yet though because the only time I would have on Sunday would be late at night (12am) due to my job. 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5124 Posts
      Posted: June 11, 2005, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Todd has already explained the problems associated with having a chat room open 24 hours.  There are liabilities that he, rightfully so, doesn't want to risk.  Look what just happened to tntea.  That weirdo that is bothering her would love to have a chat room open 24 hours.  I don't use the chat room, but I support having it for a limited time so it can be controlled.

Thanks CaifDude

I support your idea for limited TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>CHAT!!

Raise You & Todd...................too Only include  Only above^^^^^^^^

standard members to GO for this feature................................................

(I don't use the chat room feature either.......but I support the FEATURE)

YOU MUST BE ^^^^^^(ABOVE)^^^^^^STANDARD member to get in

this CHAT site..................................................because Members are .......

LOOKING for QUALITY......................................RIGHTTTTTTTTTTT?????????

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JACKPOT!

PSYKOMO 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
        Member #4877
        May 30, 2004
        5124 Posts
        Posted: June 11, 2005, 1:06 am - IP Logged

Todd has already explained the problems associated with having a chat room open 24 hours.  There are liabilities that he, rightfully so, doesn't want to risk.  Look what just happened to tntea.  That weirdo that is bothering her would love to have a chat room open 24 hours.  I don't use the chat room, but I support having it for a limited time so it can be controlled.

Thanks CaifDude

I support your idea for limited TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>CHAT!!

Raise You & Todd...................too Only include  Only above^^^^^^^^

standard members to GO for this feature................................................

(I don't use the chat room feature either.......but I support the FEATURE)

YOU MUST BE ^^^^^^(ABOVE)^^^^^^STANDARD member to get in

this CHAT site..................................................because Members are .......

LOOKING for QUALITY......................................RIGHTTTTTTTTTTT?????????

LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JACKPOT!

PSYKOMO 

CHAT ROOM^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SHOULD be OPEN.........................at leatsssttttttttt88888888888 Our's

a day to members  above the STANDARD membership.........................

(sorry, I didnot vote on this POLL & PSYKOMO did not read this SITE...

POLL that well............BUT as I EXERT my VAST ...........opinionssssssss

Lets think about a young lady from  Alabama who disappered in ........

Aubura....................................................................................6/2005!!!

PSYKOMO 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23277 Posts
          Posted: June 11, 2005, 2:08 am - IP Logged

Sandy,

I think you had a fabulous idea with the expanded chat capabilities for premium members.  Thank you for coming up with that, I really appreciate it!  I will definitely look into that option.

Also, your comments about more people not taking advantage of all the extra features that gold and platinum offer hit the mark.  Someone will throw away $80 in a heartbeat on some empty promises and ripped off quasi-system they find an a search engine ad, but not spend less than the cost of a newspaper on some truly powerful tools.  I think that's because many people want to believe in a "silver bullet" to winning the lottery, and don't put enough stock in real, useful tools to help themselves work up the numbers to play.

Yes, my head shakes from time to time as does yours, but I'll keep plugging away, and I think eventually people will catch on and "get it".  I think when I can finally spend so time on some good documentation for the site, including a map of all the expanded features, that should help.

In the meantime, I want to personally thank you for taking the time to help people see features that they otherwise would have have overlooked.  I read your posts frequently, and I notice it often.  Sorry I don't make it a point to thank you as often as you deserve. Lovies

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23277 Posts
            Posted: June 11, 2005, 2:11 am - IP Logged

To those who have trouble logging into the chat on Sunday nights (stuck on the coffee cup), your firewall is probably blocking the chat capabilties.  Just disable your firewall for the time you are chatting.  If you are paranoid about letting down your firewall, just close your other windows while chatting, and when finished, re-enable the firewall.  Or, experts can simply open port 51127 in their firewall.

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23277 Posts
              Posted: June 12, 2005, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

This evening while everyone was busy chatting, I wrote a new troubleshooting section on the Chat page, which will hopefully help anyone who has difficulty getting in.

By the way, I was thinking of doing a test expansion of the chat hours by changing the hours to 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM (EDT), and adding a Wednesday chat during the same hours.  Thoughts?

Litebets27's avatar - power
                Maryland
                United States
                Member #10465
                January 14, 2005
                6065 Posts
                Posted: June 12, 2005, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                  Clarkston, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #76
                  January 6, 2002
                  8528 Posts
                  Posted: June 13, 2005, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Todd, I think that is a good idea.  It's a start to test expansion.  Always need a test.......before jumping......

I thought we had pretty good attendance last night.  Eased my mind a bit, and I am sure yours after last Sunday.  LOL...I was telling tgirl a couple days ago how shy I am.....she laughed me out so bad and I said really.....the computer asks like a shield for me and I am better with the written word, I guess.  I have written 2 novels (was agented but not sold) and I get "wordy" when I write........chat gives me the opportunity to "come out of my shell."  In real life, I don't speak unless spoken to unless I know a person real well...then ya can't shut me up.......just like in chat.....lol......          Can you tell:  I love the Chat Room.....

I do enjoy the chat sessions......often I don't get there until later and I think till 11 is a good idea.

Sandy

New Mexico
                    United States
                    Member #12305
                    March 10, 2005
                    2984 Posts
                    Posted: June 13, 2005, 9:04 am - IP Logged

Cool idea, offering 24/7 as something that comes with paid memberships.  The site's already loaded with freebies for the folks who visit and use it without becoming G/P members.

On the other hand, I think having the chatroom open for the entire weekend might bring some curious folks in just for the chatroom, who might then become paying members after they realized what's available to Platinum Members.

Might be worth a shot, anyway.

Jack

KyMystikal's avatar - 1457224010054
                      Florence, Alabama
                      United States
                      Member #8658
                      November 13, 2004
                      1993 Posts
                      Posted: June 13, 2005, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I'm glad I talked to you Todd about this idea and I'm even happier that I took your advice and posted a poll about it. I didn't know so many people had different ideas of what to do. I'm not a paying member YET, but I like the idea of having  chat open longer for paying members. I like the new test hours too.

I love doubles and remember, it's just a game!!!!!!

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: July 13, 2005, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Try having the Chatroom late Saturday mornings, or Tuesday evenings.

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: July 27, 2005, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

The library is closed Sundays.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                            Member #2338
                            September 17, 2003
                            2063 Posts
                            Posted: July 28, 2005, 12:17 am - IP Logged

Todd: I was wondering if it would be most packed as people wait to find out if there was a winner in a game like on wendsday or saturday nights. Are there more people logged in during those hours?

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: July 28, 2005, 12:21 am - IP Logged

how many people usually join in on an average chat session?