Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dipping your toe into the 'other' side

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 1 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
New Mexico
United States
Member #12305
March 10, 2005
2984 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2005, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Those of us who are 'in' to metaphysical ways of looking at reality tend to become fairly specialized, narrow as any country preacher in our approaches.  We no sooner discover there's another side of things than we begin building fences around what we've discovered, laying rules for it, generally trying to keep it corralled.  Maybe it's just so we can saddle break it with some confidence it won't strike out for the tall timber dragging us along behind with a foot hung in a stirrup, bouncing across all manner of cactus and sharp rocks.

Fact is, there are a lot of metaphysical approaches to looking at the lottery numbers in new ways.  There are a lot of ways everyone can develop talents (I believe) most of us share, but don't listen to.

One is Silva Mind Control, which I've mentioned various places.  It teaches techniques for doing things, and when you learn one you suddenly find you've opened doors into a lot of other places you never dreamed existed.  For those who are concerned that this gets over into some sort of sinning, it doesn't.  Jose Silva developed it.  He was a devout Catholic, and after some jockeying for position, his methods were approved by the Catholic Church.  The various Silva method sites have some downloadable (free) CDs you can listen to, things to introduce you to 'alpha' state and give you an idea whether you'd like to pursue it further.  To be honest, it's used mostly for healing, but it's good for an entire spectrum of metaphysical activities, but with the hocus pocus removed.

Another source of training is the late Bevy Jaegger.  Bevy was a remote viewer extraordinaire.... spent her later years doing pro-bono remote viewing finding missing persons, etc.  But that was after she'd made her money doing precisely what you are attempting to do on this site.  You'll probably have to do some digging, but I'm almost certain Bevy's training tapes are still available somewhere on the web.

Some other approaches:

Dowsing.  There are several good dowsing mailing lists.  You might wish to subscribe to one and read what's going on among modern dowsers when there aren't a lot of wells that need digging.  Mostly healing, but it covers the waterfront all the way down to helping you find a lost pair of specs or which way to turn on this crossroads to get to the nearest petrol when the tanks sitting on empty.

Skrying:  That's what Nostrdamas did.  It verges on getting into a different level of things, but if you don't mind that, it's new and interesting (maybe).

I sort of believe this thread is going to fall flat from lack of response.  But I thought it might be worthwhile to take a shot at it.

Anyone want to talk about metaphysical methods of trying to find the right numbers?  About spiritual/metaphysical healing?  About anything in this arena that involves methodology, as opposed to pronouncements?

That's my cards on the table.  Feel free to call, raise, or just fold.

Jack

Afterthought:

I know there are a lot of people who scoff at this sort of thing.  I can't prove you wrong where the lottery is concerned, because, frankly, I haven't proven to be all that good at it.  But I will raise the ante in another way, just to get you thinking along a track that allows you to see that things aren't always as you've been told.

Got something that hurts?  A migraine?  Fibromyalgia?  Rheumatoid arthritis?  Phantom pain syndrome?

Catch me when I'm online and send me a PM.  I can make that migraine go away in a matter of minutes if we're in contact by PM, with you giving me feedback on how I'm doing.  I can stop an arthritis flare cold.  I can make your phantom pain go away, maybe for good.

I don't want you to believe me because I said so.  But I want you to agree that if I do what I say I can do, that you'll give some thought to what other kinds of ways the universe might operate that aren't as you figured.

I honestly don't care what you do, but I believe we're teetering on the brink of some entirely new ways of looking at things.  I'm an old man, got nothing to gain by any choices you make, nothing to lose.  But if I can help you along toward something that's coming, instead of what's past, I'd like to do it.

Jack

United States
    Member #12495
    March 15, 2005
    76 Posts
    Posted: June 22, 2005, 10:24 am - IP Logged

hey, you are that powerful?

What did I said before? I can sense your power, that is my power. :)

The other side only seems magical to us, but is boring if you really give up this side.

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: June 22, 2005, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Everyone's that powerful, chum.  Mostly they just don't know it.

Nothing's boring unless we agree to it.

Jack

Toni's avatar - disney25
        Ohio
        United States
        Member #106
        February 17, 2001
        210 Posts
        Posted: June 22, 2005, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Rip Snorter,

I have read so many books on spiritual info, like James Van Praagh, Sylvia Browne, Doreen Virtue and Shakti Gawain. This is so interesting to me, that I can't get enough. I even have the Silva meditation on my desktop. I don't get to do it very often but I do my own meditation for about 5 minutes, twice a day. It's funny all the things that I have learned, I can feel is the truth. Like, knowing common sense. I thank God for all my blessings everyday and I say an affirmation for 15 minutes everyday. " I belive in infinite abundance and the money is always here !" I try to not let negativity in and only think possitive thoughts. I could go on and on but I just wanted to let you know that I am a believer in all this and I am a better person for it. If you ever want to yap just IM me. Thanks for listening.

Toni

New Mexico
          United States
          Member #12305
          March 10, 2005
          2984 Posts
          Posted: June 22, 2005, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the post, Toni.  Good to hear you're finding affirmations to be a worthy way to improve your life.  I'm grateful every day (by affirmation) for having affirmations in my life.

I'm hoping this discussion will happen, if it's going to happen at all, out on the board (except for anyone who wants a headache fixed just to prove to themselves it works, or doesn't want to become a public spectacle... shy or whatnot).

But I appreciate your comments and hope you'll have more to say.  I'd like to hear more about the way you prefer to do your affirmations.  I'd like to hear how your alpha experiences are working for you.  I'd like to hear whether you had much trouble training yourself to enter alpha.

Anything you'd care to confide.

Jack

THE BUG's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
            alabama
            United States
            Member #5155
            June 20, 2004
            2694 Posts
            Posted: June 22, 2005, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

rip a question here - have you ever heard of being born with a veil on your face-my parents said i was -i think that is why i am able to sense things and have so many dreams that come true-

New Mexico
              United States
              Member #12305
              March 10, 2005
              2984 Posts
              Posted: June 22, 2005, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bug:

I've heard of it all my life.... some of the people who read the LP forums have said they were born with a caul..... Four4me, I think is one.

I don't know about whether being born with a caul gives a person a better handle on metaphysical matters from birth, or if it's something else, but I do know some people believe that's the source.

Thanks for the post,

Jack

Toni's avatar - disney25
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #106
                February 17, 2001
                210 Posts
                Posted: June 22, 2005, 3:00 pm - IP Logged

Before I got into all this, I always worried about everything, expecially what other people thought of me. I don't do that any more. It's more important what I think of me and I am awesome. If everyone would only see themselves that way. Possitive attitude has done wonders. My affirmation that I do, I think I got from the numbers lady. I've got to go for now, Sylvia is on Montell Williams show. I'll come back on in a little bit.

Toni

New Mexico
                  United States
                  Member #12305
                  March 10, 2005
                  2984 Posts
                  Posted: June 22, 2005, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the post, Toni.

Jack

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
                    Alaska
                    United States
                    Member #16217
                    May 27, 2005
                    287 Posts
                    Posted: June 22, 2005, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

I would love for someone to explain about this caul or veil that people may be born with. I am really curious exactly what that means.

Rip, I will say again that I have had much better results at any kind of number picking from "gut" feelings and asking my daughter for numbers than any "system" I have come up with. I'm still trying to find that system but sometimes I wonder if it is worth all the time and effort. -Bonnie 

New Mexico
                      United States
                      Member #12305
                      March 10, 2005
                      2984 Posts
                      Posted: June 22, 2005, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Atlasshrugged:

I hear ya.  I'm figuring if things don't go well for me tonight (system of my own, partly guts, certainly guts in the amount I'm spending on tickets) I'll feel around lower than my gut for some numbers.

Pretty good discussion on the caul thing on the thread a couple of months ago titled 'Energy Workers Wanted', as I recall.  I haven't re-read it, but unless I'm dreaming again, it's there.

Jack

Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #17570
                        June 22, 2005
                        9 Posts
                        Posted: June 22, 2005, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary defines a caul as "membranes or portions of the amnion covering the head of the fetus at birth."

I've always understood that if you're born with a caul that must be surgically removed at birth, you may be "sensitive" to certain types of energy throughout life.  An old neighbor of mine told me that a veil leaves a "shadow" (as she called it), or a birthmark that looks like a veil....

New Mexico
                          United States
                          Member #12305
                          March 10, 2005
                          2984 Posts
                          Posted: June 22, 2005, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Good summation flamemoth.

When I was born during WWII there were a LOT of babies born with those 'birthmarks'.... they called them  'V for Victory' marks.  There are pictures around of me when I 3-4 years old with that thing still showing up enough so's to be noticed.  But it was such a common phenomenon in 1943, coincident with the War, it was attributed to the fact mothers were focusing a lot on hubbies away serving somewhere, on the war effort, on keeping the Yellow Peril and the Hun from tossing us little tykes up in the air and catching us on bayonets, et al.  Life Magazine had an article with about a hundred babies in a picture from a hospital in NYC, all of them with that mark.

I've never felt the caul was a necessary piece of the psi-metaphysical part of me, but I'll concede the tradition's an old one.

Jack

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
                            Alaska
                            United States
                            Member #16217
                            May 27, 2005
                            287 Posts
                            Posted: June 22, 2005, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

I did a google search for caul. It doesn't have to be surgically removed. But what I found was very interesting. Especially when it comes to psychic power. My husband says that both of my children were born with that. He was watching as they came out but he says that both times the doctor just kind of wiped it away and didn't say anything about it. I never saw it. I do know that the doctors were really interested in my daughters' placenta when she was born. aparently the umbilical cord was attached to the wrong side, what ever that means. They had me fill out all these forms so that they could keep it and study it. Now what the heck else am I going to do with it? They took all kinds of pictures of it. Can we say weird? Anyway she is the one who has the ability to predict numbers more so than my son. This is why I was curious. -Bonnie

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                              Member #14
                              November 9, 2001
                              31347 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2005, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

i was born with a caul - my mom and grandma always said i was blessed and psychic. 

have the silva tapes - best investment.  carry moonstone, bloodstone with me at all times.  always have a 9 eye bead in my car for protection.

love to nibble those micey feet.