Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 4:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dipping your toe into the 'other' side

Topic closed. 62 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Rip Snorter.

Page 5 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
Portland,Oregon
United States
Member #14387
April 25, 2005
229 Posts
Posted: July 6, 2005, 1:42 am - IP Logged

Interesting ideas, Jack!

In addition to using statistical analysis, so called predictive lotto programs,  birthdays and other "no-no" numbers, I've tried using a pendulum to pick numbers both for Powerball and for the Oregon Megabucks ... similar to dowsing I guess. But that doesn't seem to work for me..... keeps giving me numbers that come up for some other state too far away for me to get to--- and I can't tell in advance which state it's going to be. <Grin>

I've also used an alternative random number generator..... car license plates.  I look for numbers that "appear" 3 or more times during my drive... I've won 4 of 6 a couple of times doing that.

I also save all of the play slips I make out and every once in a while, when I feel pulled to do so, I'll use them like a Tarot deck... shuffle them thoroughly, deal out a Tarot spread while concentrating on picking the slips that will win the most money for that drawing. I've actually won 5 of 6 in Oregon 2 times using that method!!    

I meditate fairly regularly and use any numbers that come up in meditations, dreams, etc. So far those have gotten me a couple of 4 of 6 wins.

I guess my next strategy should be to use all of these methods for one draw... then wheel the numbers that come up... though I think that would be too many numbers.  That's the trouble I have with wheels... can't deselect enough numbers to make a wheel affordable. 

Thanks for starting this thread it certainly provides food for thought.

Deb  

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

konane's avatar - wallace
    Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #1265
    March 13, 2003
    3348 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2005, 9:37 am - IP Logged

One thing you might try is when picking numbers, write them down in groups of no more than 5 plays as if they were already printed out on tickets.

Then using intuition (get totally right brain on this) try to see which of your plays you're drawn to most. 

That one may prove to have the most correct numbers in it ... or at least the nearer to being correct. 

Then see if you might be able to further refine another pick or two from that point.

Good luck to everyone!

New Mexico
      United States
      Member #12305
      March 10, 2005
      2984 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2005, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience, Deb.  You also, Konane.

I can't claim I've ever doubted that there's a strong metaphysical element to the numbers and their behavior, once I began looking closely at them.  Judging from the number of anecdotes on the Mystic Forum I'm also inclined to lean to a view that people who are already into metaphysics and mystical matters seem to have a somewhat 'special' sensitivity to whatever drives those behaviors, making them a bit more predictable for them on occasion than the numbers might be otherwise.

It's possible to poo-poo anecdotal evidence as has been done many times on these threads.  It's also possible to simply discount the patterns, behaviors and improbabilities as something that 'just happens', is 'merely coincidence', is inevitable in the old infinite monkeys and typewriters theme of producing a flawless copy of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire.

I think I've made it plain that I'm a believer that much of metaphysics is nothing more than physics that hasn't yet been sealed with the approval of physicists.  A growing body of academic physicists are beginning to privately express a similar view, though they aren't in love with it and, in fact, some are being dragged kicking and screaming into it by evidence before them.

I've done a lot of thinking about those numbers and their behaviors over the past few months.  One of the concepts that recently began to gel for me is the actuality that the numbers are, by definition, a metaphysical phenomenon.  They and their behaviors are an artificial construct of the human mind, the warp and woof of which has been imposed since the first elements of human thinking began to emerge.  Numbers might well have been the first abstraction ever to occur to the human mind.

If this is true, I'm still not ready to concede that the weight of human thought history and tradition isn't imposing a mechanical behavior on the numbers as they appear in lotteries.  I'm yet pursuing both avenues in trying to understand them.

Jack

Edited in as an afterthough:

Although it's popped out of the deeps a time or two, this thread is probably going to drop off the bottom of the page and vanish before too much more time passes.  For that reason, I'd like to answer in public a question I've been asked in private several times.

At the beginning of this tread I offered, as a means of rattling crystalized denial and belief systems, to do some online pain killing for anyone who wanted it, or needed it.  That offer is still open.  But the only contact I've had from any reader wishing to accept the offer was a complaint of frequent migraine headaches.  The person wasn't suffering from one at the time I was contacted, but mentioned a physical problem that might have been the source.

I attempted to work on the problem that person believed might be the source, leaving permission to contact me on the next occasion a headache was happening, or failing that, if the 'source treatment' worked to let me know if no headaches emerged in a month or six weeks, just by way of feedback.

That might have been a month ago and I've heard nothing more.

I'd surmise we're a surprisingly healthy, pain-free online community.