Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My Mega Millions program

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 11 years ago by vbmx.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #3291
January 8, 2004
71 Posts
Posted: June 22, 2005, 10:06 pm - IP Logged
Hey, i've been working on and off on this little program i made for Mega Millions since more than 2 years ago. (I Gave it up for a while but recently picked it back up)
its just about nearly finished.  I'm in the beta test mode.
if anyone is interested, check it out and see if it works good for you.
if you get any errors can you please post ur operating system and what error you got.
thanks..
also please don't buy it yet, Its still not finished.
kam
p.s  if that one person  who bought it last year is lurking..  sorry the program totally stopped working for 8months.
if you email me, i'lll verify your email and send you a key to this new version

<Shameless self promotion :)>. Want to get an Edge in Mega Millions ? Try Mega Lotto Assistant. Coded by yours truly. </Shameless self promotion>

Hyperdimension's avatar - latest trace_171.gif

United States
    Member #9059
    November 26, 2004
    128 Posts
    Posted: June 23, 2005, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Hi,

You are selling a Random Number Generator, I don't think is a good idea to buy a RNG to select lotto numbers, I don't see any advantage with this type of software. And it cost $10 when there are hundred or thousand of RNG for free.

Regards 

El pensamiento ordena el caos..

http://1x2quinielas.blogspot.com

United States
      Member #3291
      January 8, 2004
      71 Posts
      Posted: June 23, 2005, 1:29 am - IP Logged

Hi,

You are selling a Random Number Generator, I don't think is a good idea to buy a RNG to select lotto numbers, I don't see any advantage with this type of software. And it cost $10 when there are hundred or thousand of RNG for free.

Regards 

Actually, I'm not selling it just as a random number generator.
      Thats just one small part of it.
      I actually thought about what I wanted in a program, and coded that in.

kam

<Shameless self promotion :)>. Want to get an Edge in Mega Millions ? Try Mega Lotto Assistant. Coded by yours truly. </Shameless self promotion>

Hyperdimension's avatar - latest trace_171.gif

United States
        Member #9059
        November 26, 2004
        128 Posts
        Posted: June 23, 2005, 1:57 am - IP Logged

Hi vbmx,

Random number generator is a piece very important in your software because it is how the customer select the numbers to choose from next draw, but for experience I could say that this type of selection do not improve the odds, then you are selling numbers that have same performance as quick picks.

This type of software is for people that don't care about number statistics, they only want quick picks to play and expect the "lucky factor" (I don't believe in this factor) to win something.

Regards

El pensamiento ordena el caos..

http://1x2quinielas.blogspot.com

United States
          Member #3291
          January 8, 2004
          71 Posts
          Posted: June 23, 2005, 9:05 am - IP Logged

Hi vbmx,

Random number generator is a piece very important in your software because it is how the customer select the numbers to choose from next draw, but for experience I could say that this type of selection do not improve the odds, then you are selling numbers that have same performance as quick picks.

This type of software is for people that don't care about number statistics, they only want quick picks to play and expect the "lucky factor" (I don't believe in this factor) to win something.

Regards

I see what you are saying. 
           I think that in following versions i'm going to allow the program to create numbers based on certain statistics. (ex. the least drawn numbers to date, most drawn numbers todate, numbers that haven't come up in a while) etc... 
          as you said, right now its only based on the lucky factor and i can see how that might not appeal to some people. I know that it might appeal to those who dont like the state quick pics.
          I'm guessing that if anyone is truly interested in the program it'll be because its a centerpiece for everything related to mega millions and it easily gathers and stores information for you.
          The cellphone Inform feature and the Prize checker are something that i really use a lot and believe are helpful to anyone who plays. (they also took me a while to create Big Smile
          kam

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: June 23, 2005, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

vbmx,

If you haven't updated your RNG for the 5/56+1/46 format then it's not covering ~40M possible combinations, besides an updated RNG and all that other information is available here at LP for all the lotteries.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
              Member #3291
              January 8, 2004
              71 Posts
              Posted: June 23, 2005, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

vbmx,

If you haven't updated your RNG for the 5/56+1/46 format then it's not covering ~40M possible combinations, besides an updated RNG and all that other information is available here at LP for all the lotteries.

RJOh

hey thanks a lot! I had no clue about the change. boy that makes a big difference :)

::fixes program as we speak::

kam

United States
                Member #3291
                January 8, 2004
                71 Posts
                Posted: June 23, 2005, 4:43 pm - IP Logged
                there! everything should be up to date for the drawing tommorow.
                I'm surprised more people haven't posted bug reports or anything. I think i've had more than 60 downloads.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19830 Posts
                  Posted: June 23, 2005, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I'm surprised you didn't notice this change .  Do you even play the MegaMillions game?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: June 23, 2005, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

You don't add any new draw information for analysing the numbers,so it seems to be a Random Number Generator if you update it in the Future for number analysis along with Filters for combo reduction than I would definitely be interested in buying it.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                      Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: June 23, 2005, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Yawn

United States
                        Member #3291
                        January 8, 2004
                        71 Posts
                        Posted: June 24, 2005, 12:09 am - IP Logged

I'm surprised you didn't notice this change .  Do you even play the MegaMillions game?

RJOh

yea, I play mega millions.  its actually the only lotto that i play now that mass millions is gone.
                        I haven't bought a ticket in a while though and i remember last time i bought one it was a quickpick. so i didn't even bother filling out the change.
                        I knew about california joining in but didn't know they had already implemented a new number rule.

United States
                          Member #3291
                          January 8, 2004
                          71 Posts
                          Posted: June 24, 2005, 12:09 am - IP Logged

Yawn

heh, eh?

Michigan
                            United States
                            Member #15460
                            May 15, 2005
                            131 Posts
                            Posted: June 24, 2005, 12:25 am - IP Logged

so this mega millions assistant just displays combinations...what information is it based on right now...luck of the draw =P

"A fool and his money are soon to part"

well at least i will have fun doing it

United States
                              Member #3291
                              January 8, 2004
                              71 Posts
                              Posted: June 24, 2005, 1:30 am - IP Logged

so this mega millions assistant just displays combinations...what information is it based on right now...luck of the draw =P

heh, its pure random ( well as random as you can get from a computer )
                              thats not the point of it.. i never said i'm using some insane statistical forumla to generate numbers..
                              I think more attention should be paid to the other functions that the little program has.
                              however from what everyone here keeps bringing up, i guess i really should concentrate on number creation based on different things.. i've already started it.. i think version 2.0 will have that in..

right now its on version 1.3,  i allready made two updates today..  one to change it from 1-52, 1-52  to  1-56, 1-46  and also i had to  rewrite some other code because MegaMillions.com decided to change the words "Mega Ball"  to Money Ball ..  that extra letter in money compared to mega  really screwed things up for a while..
                              its all ok now tho in version 1.3