Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

My Mega Millions program

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 11 years ago by vbmx.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: June 24, 2005, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

so this mega millions assistant just displays combinations...what information is it based on right now...luck of the draw =P

heh, its pure random ( well as random as you can get from a computer )
thats not the point of it.. i never said i'm using some insane statistical forumla to generate numbers..
I think more attention should be paid to the other functions that the little program has.
however from what everyone here keeps bringing up, i guess i really should concentrate on number creation based on different things.. i've already started it.. i think version 2.0 will have that in..

right now its on version 1.3,  i allready made two updates today..  one to change it from 1-52, 1-52  to  1-56, 1-46  and also i had to  rewrite some other code because MegaMillions.com decided to change the words "Mega Ball"  to Money Ball ..  that extra letter in money compared to mega  really screwed things up for a while..
its all ok now tho in version 1.3

The RNG that you are proposing is similar to the one that I wrote for my personal use.  It can pick combinations for any pick5 or pick6 game with or without a bonus ball.  It has the option of loading up to 1500 previous drawings of any game, analyzing them and picking parameters based on those drawings. Now when I load the draw history of MegaMillions the program sees a pick5 game that has 52 core numbers and 52 bonus numbers and I have to manually put in the parameters 5/56+1/46.  That problem will correct itself when I have 50 or so drawings under the new format and eliminate the older 324 drawings of MegaMillions1.  The same problem existed when MegaMillions1 evolved from the old BigGame lottery until I eliminated the 724 drawings of the older lottery. Since it has the drawing history of the game that it's picking combinations for, it can calculate data such as gap sizes, sums and ranges of the combinations, number positions, most popular bonus numbers, average repeat cycle of numbers and etc. to make its picks.  That data is presented to me for approval or change before the RNG start picking combinations.  It can also check each picks against the game history or the group of its picks for matches and present that information to me before I accept or reject them or I have the options of putting it on automatic and it will accept picks based on a set of preset conditions until it has picked up to 500 combinations.  I use it for all the games I play, MegaMillions, PowerBall, Ohio SuperLottoPlus and Ohio Rolling Cash5.  With a little work you may produce a RNG that will covers more than one jackpot game and someone will pay money for.  Good luck to you.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
    Member #1759
    June 29, 2003
    1156 Posts
    Posted: June 24, 2005, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

Your program sounds pretty darn good!!! what has been your success rate when playing your game of choice?

United States
      Member #1759
      June 29, 2003
      1156 Posts
      Posted: June 24, 2005, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

A member in here hit the Ohio Pick-5 using LottoPro back in Feb

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: June 24, 2005, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Pick-4,

My overall success rate is nothing to brag about, it's about the same as my prediction statistics because my predictions are some of the numbers I actually play. 

RJOh

Evil Looking       

United States
          Member #3291
          January 8, 2004
          71 Posts
          Posted: June 24, 2005, 11:50 pm - IP Logged
          allright,  thanks to the help of the people who helped I believe that I have worked out most of the bugs.
          If anyone likes what they tried they are now welcome to buy it.
          Future updates are free and I'm going to keep adding little things every couple of weeks.
          Version 1.4 is up now and is fully functional :)
          ::goes to figure out a good scheme on using patterns to generate not so random numbers::
          kam

<Shameless self promotion :)>. Want to get an Edge in Mega Millions ? Try Mega Lotto Assistant. Coded by yours truly. </Shameless self promotion>

SirMetro's avatar - center
            East of Atlanta
            United States
            Member #6191
            August 11, 2004
            1389 Posts
            Posted: June 25, 2005, 12:05 am - IP Logged
            allright,  thanks to the help of the people who helped I believe that I have worked out most of the bugs.
            If anyone likes what they tried they are now welcome to buy it.
            Future updates are free and I'm going to keep adding little things every couple of weeks.
            Version 1.4 is up now and is fully functional :)
            ::goes to figure out a good scheme on using patterns to generate not so random numbers::
            kam

Hummm....sounds a bit like windows operating system...free updates every couple of weeks or so.

Sir Metro

If I really knew what I was doing, do you believe anyone would care?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19825 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2005, 1:19 am - IP Logged

vbmx,

I posted the first 10 picks of my RNG on the prediction board yesterday, 06/24/05 and matched 2+1 for $10 to break even.  Admittedly my RNG had an edge using the old MegaMillions drawing file as a guide, but if I was going to pay money for another RNG I would expect it to do better.  I'll recheck your site when you've added some features to your RNG.  Good luck.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #3291
                January 8, 2004
                71 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2005, 9:31 am - IP Logged

vbmx,

I posted the first 10 picks of my RNG on the prediction board yesterday, 06/24/05 and matched 2+1 for $10 to break even.  Admittedly my RNG had an edge using the old MegaMillions drawing file as a guide, but if I was going to pay money for another RNG I would expect it to do better.  I'll recheck your site when you've added some features to your RNG.  Good luck.

RJOh

thanks.
                Yea check back.  I'll post something here when i makea  big change.
                kam

<Shameless self promotion :)>. Want to get an Edge in Mega Millions ? Try Mega Lotto Assistant. Coded by yours truly. </Shameless self promotion>

United States
                  Member #5453
                  July 5, 2004
                  135 Posts
                  Posted: June 29, 2005, 8:42 am - IP Logged

hey vbmx can your program be used for any pick pick 5 games or just only mega mill

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23260 Posts
                    Posted: June 29, 2005, 8:57 am - IP Logged

Those looking for a RNG can use Lottery Post's Quick Picks Generator, which has the ability to generate numbers for most lottery games.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

atlasshrugged's avatar - candle
                      Alaska
                      United States
                      Member #16217
                      May 27, 2005
                      287 Posts
                      Posted: June 29, 2005, 9:20 am - IP Logged

vbmx, just in case you don't see it in the jackpot forum. Line 5 of the set of numbers which you posted was the winning combination for last nights megamillions. Did you obtain those numbers from this program? -Bonnie

United States
                        Member #3291
                        January 8, 2004
                        71 Posts
                        Posted: June 29, 2005, 11:27 am - IP Logged
                        sadly, all i won was 10 bucks,
                        i was having fun with you guys in the other post.    :-)
                        my program made me 9 bucks this time, but i think so far from all the numbers that i've played using it, i've broken even, so i'm not sure if it works any better than any other system out there.
                        i'll be buying 9 tickets for this friday night tho :)
                        goood luck!

United States
                          Member #16612
                          June 2, 2005
                          3493 Posts
                          Posted: June 29, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

I have all the numbers from the first three versions of Mega Millions on a computer and disk. The last draw of 6/28/05 or 2-20-37-43-46 and the Mega Number 4 is valid for me to convert to California SLP.

United States
                            Member #3291
                            January 8, 2004
                            71 Posts
                            Posted: June 29, 2005, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

I have all the numbers from the first three versions of Mega Millions on a computer and disk. The last draw of 6/28/05 or 2-20-37-43-46 and the Mega Number 4 is valid for me to convert to California SLP.

can you rephrase that, for some reason im' not sure what you mean by that last sentence.  its probably just me :)