Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone seen this - cheat at lotto??

Topic closed. 40 replies. Last post 11 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #17555
June 22, 2005
5582 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2005, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

I meant which, in the sentence , not ehich. sorry.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23275 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2005, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

pcattack,

I sent you my findings thru PM, let me know if you want me to let everyone know about it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2005, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Yes. go for it. Everyone should see these findings, for themselves. I received your reply, and people should be informed of the details which you showed me .

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23275 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2005, 12:46 am - IP Logged

OK, I'll repeat the part that I wrote you, minus the guy's whois info.  Anyone can easily obtain that info anyway.  He's running a total scam outfit, and should be reported to the Ontario authorities.

Here's my reply to your PM:

Wow, I didn't realize the extent to which you got ripped off.

No, that software will NOT give you access to a lottery's computers.  It only would give access to a computer which is specifically running the server-based component of that software, and I can guarantee that not a single lottery will be running it.

Not to mention that the lotteries' computers that contain ticket information are not even connected to the internet, so there is no way for someone to access them over the Internet.

Even if they plugged their systems into the internet, you would still have to gain access to several user names and passwords to get to the level of security necessary to affect database records.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23275 Posts
          Posted: July 6, 2005, 12:50 am - IP Logged

For those wondering, the software that the "cheat-at-lottery" web site points you to is the remote access terminal application found at http://tightvnc.com.  It is an open-source project sourced at SourceForge, a popular web site for open source projects.  No big shakes.

The Ontario guy is charging people $60 to send them to that web site, where he says they should download the software and use it to hack into the lotteries' computers.  What an utterly shameless scam.

No one should even pretend that they could hack into the lottery ticket databases with that software.

Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
            Member #2399
            September 28, 2003
            143 Posts
            Posted: July 6, 2005, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Pacattack05 is the one who is selling this product

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23275 Posts
              Posted: July 6, 2005, 3:11 am - IP Logged

No he's not, what are you talking about?  He's from Florida, and the guy selling it is from Ontario.

paul762's avatar - lion

United Kingdom
                Member #3002
                December 11, 2003
                477 Posts
                Posted: July 6, 2005, 4:27 am - IP Logged

Pacattack05 - I feel really bad now you wasted your money like that, what a scam! I wish I never mentioned it now, I suppose the only good thing to come out of this is that the guy and his scam has been exposed.

empassioned1's avatar - abns7
                  Saint Louis, Missouri
                  United States
                  Member #17000
                  June 9, 2005
                  46 Posts
                  Posted: July 6, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

All those things are copies of the same system over and over.  They market this same stuf over and over to those who are looking for a silver bullet to win the lottery.

All those systems can be thrown in a heap of lost and broken lottery systems, as far as I'm concerned.

For a couple of bucks the person puts an Ad Sense ad on Google (which is where I'm sure the web site URL was found), and they haul a segment of people who buy these things.

The person who packaged it together probably never even played the lottery before, who can tell?

Who knows, maybe I should buy the thing, repackage it five different ways and resell it myself.  Anyone think I would make some money that way?

Let's do the banker's math...few people ever consider this, but after working in the banking industry for over 10 years, you oughta know about this side of it.

Joe Blow sells said system for 59.95...30 days 25,000 dollar guarantee.  Now, here's the deal, Joe Blow has your money for 30 days "guaranteed" and if his system fails, he's sure to pay you back (perhaps after a few banterings of "necessary proof" his system failed).  Now multiply this scenario hundreds of times a month over and over.  Man, I can't begin to tell you what kind of money you're talking in interest whether or not people even BOTHER with the refund.  My bank would invest money OVERNIGHT with the FEDERAL RESERVE and make interest on tenths of a cent!!! 

So the other problem I have with this, is by his own admission, "I have more money than I'll need for a lifetime"...people who are "satisfied" with what they have don't typically charge for the information thats got them there. 

We can all be wrong (it would be cool to see Pacattack giving us all a good lesson in eating crow by posting win after win), but my gut feeling is, the real winner here is a slick businessman selling snake oil to the lottery enthused.

C.K.

One way to squelch this is to ask him for the interest on your money he had for 30 days as well.  People don't like it when you ask them to give you what you really lost.

If the eyes are the windows to the soul, let me see you without the shades drawn

What's a Hades Bunny?  Well let's just say you don't wanna be jumpin' over MY back fence.  But hey, you ain't afraid a lil white rabbit now are ya?

lottoshlep's avatar - super 7-top-over.jpg
                    BC
                    Canada
                    Member #2120
                    August 19, 2003
                    258 Posts
                    Posted: July 6, 2005, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Live and learn Wink

Smitty left Newfoundland and moved to Toronto and bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

The following day, the farmer drove up and said, "I'm sorry, but
                    I have some bad news... the donkey died last night."

"Well, den" said Smitty, "Jus' give my money back, yeah."

"I can't do that sir, I went and spent it already."

"OK, den. Jus' unload dat donkey."

"What are you gonna do with him?"

"I'm gon' to raffle him off."

"You can't raffle a dead donkey, you dumb Newfie!"

"Well dats where you wrong. You wait an' you learn how smart we
                    Newfie's are!"

A month later the farmer ran into the Newfie and asked, "What
                    happened with that dead donkey?"

"I raffled dat donkey off. I sold 500 tickets at two dollars
                    apiece and made $998."

"Didn't anyone complain?"

"Just dat guy who won. So I gave him his two dollars back."

if at first you don't succeed ... destroy all evidence you ever tried  Cool 

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2005, 12:20 am - IP Logged

Good one! Lottoshlep, I gotta remembeh dat one!