Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone know a Counting Formula or System?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 11 years ago by red0412303609.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #9397
December 7, 2004
24 Posts
Posted: July 5, 2005, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know of a formula or system for counting the spacing between numbers. I use the counting method to determine the relationship between various numbers in the lottery and it can be very time consuming. I know with the computer it would be easy but it is proving very elusive to come across a system or formula that can do the counting for me. I tried using excel but it only counts spaces between rows or columns on the same line which is quite limited. I am looking for something that can count across columns. Please help if you can

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: July 5, 2005, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

I had those Ideas a long time ago and have also several variations of it, I am not a computer programmer myself, but have a friend who is, but mostly do those things by hand ( I say do, but I mean would) I don't bother much with those filters yet, but will later, I develop ideas and then put them aside, since I have so many of them, but might get back to them later (sooner or later maybe).

Good luck and good thinking and don't ask me about my own ideas on that, I put a Maxwell Smart silent shield on top of them so far.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

United States
      Member #18116
      July 5, 2005
      1 Posts
      Posted: July 5, 2005, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

In Excel if you want to count columns try this:

If you have a value or starting point in a cell like this

A  B  C  D  E

Then in Col B enter this formula:  =IF(A1=1,"X",+A1+1)

This will give you a point to start conting from

A  B  C  D  E

1  X

So then in Col C repeat the formula =IF(B1="X",1,+B1+1)

This will check if there is a "X" in the prior column cell or add to the current value.

Copy this across as many cells as you need and the last column will have your count.

Hope this helps.

Magicman

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19901 Posts
        Posted: July 5, 2005, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

A lot of lottery programs have that feature, it's called gaps and ranges.  The most common gap is 0 or a difference of one between adjacent numbers in the same drawing and the most common range depends on the size of the number pool.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SirMetro's avatar - center
          East of Atlanta
          United States
          Member #6191
          August 11, 2004
          1389 Posts
          Posted: July 5, 2005, 2:59 pm - IP Logged

I do not fully understand your intent, can you provide a visual guide as to what  you are trying to accomplish. Perhaps I might have something that could do the trick in Excel. Also, what game are you referencing (pick 3, 4, 5, 6)?

Sir Metro

konane's avatar - wallace
            Atlanta, GA
            United States
            Member #1265
            March 13, 2003
            3351 Posts
            Posted: July 5, 2005, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

If you're asking about how many drawings have lapsed between when a particular number hit in a previous drawing and now hits, Lotto Pro 2005 has that feature built in under Statistics and is called Hit Sequence Chart.  Shows it for each draw in black and white chart or color graph.  Very helpful.

Good luck to everyone!

London
              United Kingdom
              Member #9397
              December 7, 2004
              24 Posts
              Posted: July 5, 2005, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

I do not fully understand your intent, can you provide a visual guide as to what  you are trying to accomplish. Perhaps I might have something that could do the trick in Excel. Also, what game are you referencing (pick 3, 4, 5, 6)?

Sir Metro

I am playing the pick 6 which is the British lottery system. To give an example of what I need, say I have two numbers 37 and 49 and the gaps or spacing between them is 6. My system is to check the previous lottery numbers or the history to see where this phenomena occurred. The way I have previously done this is to laboriously count through the previous numbers till my brains hurt. I am looking for a way to get the computer to count and locate the gaps and spacing I specify it to search for between numbers, this way I can eliminate the snail pace at which I am working

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19901 Posts
                Posted: July 5, 2005, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

I guess I too didn't understand what you were saying because the numbers 37 and 49 have a gap(space) or difference of 11 or 12.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

London
                  United Kingdom
                  Member #9397
                  December 7, 2004
                  24 Posts
                  Posted: July 5, 2005, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Sorry RJOH, I guess I am not explaining things well here, am I? The gaps or spacing I am referring to is the number of draws between when a game or draw that had 37 in it was played and contrast that with another game with 49 in the draw. So in this case 6 spaces or gaps would mean 37 was played in one game then there was 6 games and the 7th game carried 49. I hope you understand me so far.

London
                    United Kingdom
                    Member #9397
                    December 7, 2004
                    24 Posts
                    Posted: July 5, 2005, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

If you're asking about how many drawings have lapsed between when a particular number hit in a previous drawing and now hits, Lotto Pro 2005 has that feature built in under Statistics and is called Hit Sequence Chart.  Shows it for each draw in black and white chart or color graph.  Very helpful.

Thank you konane I guess I would try Lotto Pro and see if it has what I am searching for

Tx
                      United States
                      Member #4570
                      May 4, 2004
                      5180 Posts
                      Posted: July 5, 2005, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I guess I too didn't understand what you were saying because the numbers 37 and 49 have a gap(space) or difference of 11 or 12.

RJOh

While I don't understand your particular space difference filter, thanks to reading your last post and to my being very in-tune for possible new filters, I have just developed some more brand new space difference gap filters on top of those that I already had, it took me only the time that I spent reading your last post to right away develop them, they seem to be completely brand new (maybe)(for jackpot game filters) and they might be good.

You and Bowldog "unintentionaly" have helped me develop some very good difference gap filters (I already had a few of my own from my own personal ideas) , thank you both.

And good luck.

Tx
                        United States
                        Member #4570
                        May 4, 2004
                        5180 Posts
                        Posted: July 5, 2005, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Sorry RJOH, I guess I am not explaining things well here, am I? The gaps or spacing I am referring to is the number of draws between when a game or draw that had 37 in it was played and contrast that with another game with 49 in the draw. So in this case 6 spaces or gaps would mean 37 was played in one game then there was 6 games and the 7th game carried 49. I hope you understand me so far.

And this last post of yours, game me your own filter also.

Thank you for that one too.

London
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #9397
                          December 7, 2004
                          24 Posts
                          Posted: July 5, 2005, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Lantern how about helping me out with this formula you have developed

Tx
                            United States
                            Member #4570
                            May 4, 2004
                            5180 Posts
                            Posted: July 5, 2005, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Now that I think about it your filter is also brand new like mine and opens up many new filter ideas on top of all the other ones that I just had and not just for jackpot type of games either.

As to formulas, if you mean Exel and or math formulas, I neither have nor mess with any of that, my math skills are just basic ones and also don't do any programming.

I just developed many or several brand new filters, yes, just now at this time, that is what I just did.

No formulas per se or whatever really unless you want to call my filters formulas or formulas for filters, they are very simple and maybe efective also and need no math other than simple addition and substraction.

but they are secret filters, so very much sorry, I have already given away way too many of my filters to very so many people, some openly here on posts that I made and others to a few people by private messages and or emails.

About 8 or so people in particular got many of my old secret filters, I have developed some new secret filters since then.

Sorry. Read many of my old posts and help yourself to developing some of your own filters and feel free to use any of the ones that I have posted about, adjust them to jackpot type of games, because they are mostly for pick 3, but will work with changes or as they are for jackpot games also.

Good luck.

Tx
                              United States
                              Member #4570
                              May 4, 2004
                              5180 Posts
                              Posted: July 5, 2005, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Most of my filters might be fairly simple, but they are very good and highly efective when used right, a few of them are more complicated and harder to use and understand (that is, some of the secret filters, but many are very very simple, secret or not)