Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Megamillions at 88 million

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 11 years ago by Jake649.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
twisted's avatar - underground
New Jersey
United States
Member #2376
September 25, 2003
582 Posts
Posted: July 8, 2005, 11:49 am - IP Logged

twisted,

My estimate tried to account for California sales. The current 15 roll record is $294 million. I estimate the record will be exceeded by about $30 million giving a 15 roll estimate of $324 million. This is keeping in mind that the current jackpot progression is tracking less than the current roll records and California has been buy tickets for 5 draws.

Good luck,
Jake

The reason why the annuity jackpot estimate it not increasing as fast as before is because the current market value of government securities required to fund the annual installments is decreasing. This means it takes more cash today to fund a $10 million annuity jackpot than it did a year or two ago. But if you track the cash value of the jackpots, I think the addition of California has had a impact. But after the jackpot crosses $100 million, I think California will have an even greater impact.

Jake649's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg

Canada
    Member #2673
    November 2, 2003
    497 Posts
    Posted: July 8, 2005, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

twisted,

I agree with the market value influence on the annunity values. We also also both agree that California has and will have an impact on the size of the jackpot.

Where we differ is on the size of the impact. I hope you are right and California has a large impact and we see a very large jackpot.

I am still hoping to try out the 500 Group even though there was not a big response from my earlier proposal.

Good luck,
    Jake