Welcome Guest
You last visited October 22, 2017, 11:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Arriving at the lottery headquarters

Topic closed. 50 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BaristaExpress.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink

How would you arrive to claim your jackpot

personal car [ 45 ]  [56.96%]
limousine [ 12 ]  [15.19%]
helicopter [ 1 ]  [1.27%]
taxi [ 3 ]  [3.80%]
spaceship [ 6 ]  [7.59%]
walk [ 5 ]  [6.33%]
rental [ 7 ]  [8.86%]
Total Valid Votes [ 79 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 7 ]  
Dream's avatar - dragon1

United States
Member #2399
September 28, 2003
143 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2005, 12:40 am - IP Logged

How would you arrive to claim your jackpot? I would have to rent a car since I do not have one and wouldn't want anyone to know.

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
    North Dakota
    United States
    Member #13397
    April 5, 2005
    1623 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2005, 12:43 am - IP Logged

A stretch hummer limo.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

Litebets27's avatar - power
      Maryland
      United States
      Member #10465
      January 14, 2005
      6065 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2005, 1:22 am - IP Logged

Personal car and incoqnito.

thanks

Tennessee
        United States
        Member #7853
        October 15, 2004
        11350 Posts
        Posted: July 7, 2005, 6:49 am - IP Logged

a stretch taxi.........

cdcos's avatar - candle
          Irving/Texas
          United States
          Member #13372
          April 4, 2005
          12 Posts
          Posted: July 7, 2005, 11:17 am - IP Logged

I would arrive in Austin in my personal car, alone!!!!!  Hoping and praying that the TX lottery wouldn't insist on a press conference.  Arrive, claim and head for home to Dallas!  A nice day trip!  Smile  Denise

Baton Rouge, LA
            United States
            Member #4602
            May 7, 2004
            701 Posts
            Posted: July 7, 2005, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I would arrive in Austin in my personal car, alone!!!!!  Hoping and praying that the TX lottery wouldn't insist on a press conference.  Arrive, claim and head for home to Dallas!  A nice day trip!  Smile  Denise

I'd probably use my personal car too and not take any photos or anything like that.  Dallas to Austin is a bit of a ride but if that is what you have to do, it's what you have to do.

Here in Louisiana, the lottery has it's headquarters here in Baton Rouge, but also has sattelite offices in other cities around the state.  If someone doesn't live in Baton Rouge, they can simply go to the local lottery office to claim their prize.  Of course, it can also be claimed by mail.

Just wondering if it can be done this way elsewhere.

PrisonerSix

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
              North Dakota
              United States
              Member #13397
              April 5, 2005
              1623 Posts
              Posted: July 7, 2005, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

In TN if you have a jackpot winning ticket you have to go to Nashville.  If you win something below $199,999 that's not a jackpot you can claim it at the regional offices.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

SirMetro's avatar - center
                East of Atlanta
                United States
                Member #6191
                August 11, 2004
                1390 Posts
                Posted: July 7, 2005, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

well darn...2 others beat me 2 it....I like the spaceship idea because the odds of me winning enough to even warrant a trip to the lottery office is about the same as that of me riding in a spaceship.

Sir Metro

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  5027 Posts
                  Posted: July 7, 2005, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

My choice- (which isnt listed) would be by a trusted friend or family member driver. PLus since I'm in a group lottery pool, we'll probably all take the one guys fire truck and arrive that way! (He's the firechief in our town). 

I agree with wearing a disguise. Why not! :) Grab a wig, some goofy glasses , funky teeth,and a propeller hat! Wait a sec! Thats what I look like now ! Okay scratch that idea! *grin* 

~~It often seems impossible, til it's done.

Tx_Mega_Player's avatar - spider
                    BIG D Texas
                    United States
                    Member #2539
                    October 16, 2003
                    148 Posts
                    Posted: July 7, 2005, 11:48 pm - IP Logged

I WILL arrive at Texas Lottery headquarters in Austin in a rental car (only because I will be flying to Austin). I'll be alone except for my attorney. My family will be back home awaiting my return. I'm still considering the press conference thing - it will probably depend on how much I win. If the amount is not record-breaking, I'll be able to get away without having a press conference. But if I break Jack's record (and I do plan on breaking Jack's record), I'll have to just get it over with. Otherwise the reporters will be camping outside of my house, peeking in my windows, scaring my wife, blocking my driveway, and harrassing my neighbors. 

Sure does feel good to dream!!!!

danisiri's avatar - Avatar all_for_Jesus.jpg

United States
                      Member #13684
                      April 11, 2005
                      77 Posts
                      Posted: July 7, 2005, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

I'd probably use my personal car too and not take any photos or anything like that.  Dallas to Austin is a bit of a ride but if that is what you have to do, it's what you have to do.

Here in Louisiana, the lottery has it's headquarters here in Baton Rouge, but also has sattelite offices in other cities around the state.  If someone doesn't live in Baton Rouge, they can simply go to the local lottery office to claim their prize.  Of course, it can also be claimed by mail.

Just wondering if it can be done this way elsewhere.

PrisonerSix

Yes, in CA at least, you can claim your prize at the main office in Sacramento or at a satellite office.  Fortunately, I have a satellite office about seven miles from my house, so I do not have to go far.  I think you can also claim by mail, though I do not know if that applies to the JP as well.

As for me personally, I plan to come in my own car.  I plan to be the most boring person in the world and avoid any media exposure as much as possible.  Of course, if I am the first to win MM from CA, then that will be a little harder to do.  If I break the all time single winner record, then avoiding the media will be even harder.  But, nevertheless, I will be as bland and boring as possible, giving one or two word answers to questions and suppressing any enthusiasm!

Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11350 Posts
                        Posted: July 8, 2005, 1:56 am - IP Logged

after all jack whittaker showed us all the things NOT to do when you win a jackpot,i can't wait until i break his record....

visiondude's avatar - eye3logo
                          light on my feet
                          United States
                          Member #356
                          May 20, 2002
                          2744 Posts
                          Posted: July 8, 2005, 2:36 am - IP Logged

not me.  no way, no how, no sir.

when i win (and even if i am the new "jack" in town when i do),  you will never see my face.  nor will you hear any quotes from me.  i cannot afford to show up at the place where the "jack"  was sold,  even "incognito".  you never know who might be lurking around,  and their subsequent abilities at relieving someone of thier life/"jack".

i will instruct my financial team that they will (along with my approval) hire an attorney just to show up and collect the check on behalf of my trust.  the trust of which this attorney will ave NO  knowledge of who it belongs to (that would be moi).  the attorney will be bound legally/contractually from commenting on me, or any of the whys as to how he ended up in front of the cameras.  all the "heat"  will be on him (and i will be nowhere to be found).  am currently shopping around for the perfect attorney for this task (a deaf and blind one - lol).

this stuff is more serious than people usually realize.  i already have measures in place that i cannot reveal,  that will alow me personal privacy for a good amount of time.  for sure until alot of the intial rah rah rah  ..dies down.

the only ones that either will or can identify me will be my financial advisors,  or friends/confidants that i trusted.

i wouldn't be foolish enough to say that no one will be able to indentify me given the latest technology,  but i will (and have) go to extraordinary lengths to make sure of my anonymity.

two things i have learned during my preparation,  is that NO  can be a beautiful tool that can facilitate the vision.  and that i owe NO ONE ANYTHING.  ...(measured either in explanations or $$$$$ ).

with those two things in mind,  the road after the vision, will be alot smooooother.

peoplewithvisionalreadyhaveaplaninplacebeforeitsarrival

"i am .........."meant to"       

P.S.,  that RJoH  is a stand up guy.  thanks,  vision

until further notice,  it's  france everyday

FLORIDA
                            United States
                            Member #5364
                            July 1, 2004
                            88 Posts
                            Posted: July 8, 2005, 3:27 am - IP Logged

I WILL arrive at Texas Lottery headquarters in Austin in a rental car (only because I will be flying to Austin). I'll be alone except for my attorney. My family will be back home awaiting my return. I'm still considering the press conference thing - it will probably depend on how much I win. If the amount is not record-breaking, I'll be able to get away without having a press conference. But if I break Jack's record (and I do plan on breaking Jack's record), I'll have to just get it over with. Otherwise the reporters will be camping outside of my house, peeking in my windows, scaring my wife, blocking my driveway, and harrassing my neighbors. 

Sure does feel good to dream!!!!

Down here in the land of hurricane Dennis when we have a winner of the state lottery from this county even if you've had an interview in Tallahassee,  the local paper shows up at the front door to the house and also interrogates the neighbors anyway for bits information about the winner.
                             This is funny in a way because the area is growing by such a large amount every year that the article usually consists of the neighbors saying that they don't really know the winner but if they are both outside at the same time they always wave hello.
                            How does your local press seem to handle a winner or are you going to be the inaugural jackpot winner from your area?
                            I'd consider going to the local police or sheriffs dept and hiring a string of off duty cops to sit in their cruiser(s) in your driveway for the day you collect and the day after to give everyone the move along from your front door. This would send a statement to the press and to those that would show up at your front door looking for cash like the guy in Pennsylvania went thru recently.
                              Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11350 Posts
                              Posted: July 8, 2005, 6:05 am - IP Logged

i'll personally make sure the clerk who sold me the ticket drives the limo to headquarters then opens the door for me to step out and then shines my shoes on the way in.then that clerk will be my personal bodyguard as fames blinding light hits me square in the face as i enter the room that will serve as the place i'll officially become a millionaire.i'll then stop for a frosty at wendys on the way back home still content with lifes simple pleasures and i'll even buy the driver a junior bacon cheeseburger for his troubles.....Idea